Best Fighter

Users who are viewing this thread

Chibbi is someone I'll always look up to as the best melee player in MM, I remember the 18e would train with the 1er sometimes, or at least volunteers, for our melee trainings. Pitting our cadets and new members against the likes of Chibbi, Sebastian, Vorlen, Sid, it wasn't as effective for us as we thought, it was slaughter. I also remember beating him was incredibly hard to do but it felt good when it happened.

NW though, it's hard to say. NW has become much less about skill now, anyone can play well, it's dependent on luck, I think. Who can stab at the right time or who can spam the most upward attacks, now anyone can melee well, unlike MM where it was hard to be good.

While I agree with Green there are the kind of people who consistently play well & stand out from the crowd; Harry, Stalker, Harbinger, Equalkasta, Akame, Robby & Fortune.

I think this thread is wholly irrelevant, now-a-days melee is too limited to be the best at anything as like I and countless others said on release; 'The mod has a very low skill ceiling'.

No one really stands out, we are all "bourgeois" now.

For example, I would no longer rate myself nor Chibbi, nor Vorlen, nor Hekko, nor Ward as top NW players, and why? Because there is no top, the new game play is just face-roll and therefor you just have a group of new players and then a group of now not new players.

No one is overly better than the other anymore (my opinion)

And as for Svensson's list, Fortune, Harry and Akame are those I would've considered top teir in MM but like I said and I am sure they must agree (or they're wrong, arrogance ftw) that no one is top teir now.

Equal was very good but not in the top teir list, but he knew what he was doing that is for sure and not one to overlook or you will die (in-game). A formidable oponent.

NW is too ping dependant - with ping over 60 most of the time you can't block 0 range overhead stabs or if you manage to block it, it just goes thru your block (and takes about 50% of your health, even if the stabbing guy is moving backwards).
A lot of people manage to top the scoreboards just with pure spamming. Overhead was really improved in latest patch, but it needs more fine tuning before NW can become competetive and mostly skill-based.

Why thank you! Back in the old days most people wouldn't figure out the trick and would just take offense.

It's impossible to pick the best fighter. Ping, for one, makes it unfair, as European players have an advantage over american players on European servers, and vice versa.

Also, someone who is really good at Bayonet-fighting does not have to be good at fighting with swords.

Talii said:
Also, someone who is really good at Bayonet-fighting does not have to be good at fighting with swords.
That is usually the case though.

Just saying...he's not an active forum goer but PeterM4.

Was a Regimental sergeant major of the 4e and is now a Captain of the 2nd Coldstream Rifles detachment.

Once the entire regiment was down and it was him and 8 bad guys.

He killed them all.

SvenssonHD said:
Talii said:
That is usually the case though.

True, but fighting in this game is quite a broad subject. The point was that many players are good in one, or several areas, but very few people distinguish themselves in every aspect of the game.

Back
Top Bottom