Best-dressed Warrior

Users who are viewing this thread

Lazyman said:
That depicts a Khurasani cavalryman, not a Sassanid one
Might be, but Sassanid tends to refer to the Persian empire of the time; Khurasani to a people. As such, Khurasani cavalrymen could have served as Cataphracts in a Sassanid army, like they did in later Arab armies. :razz:

Lazyman said:
That depicts a Khurasani cavalryman, not a Sassanid one , though I do not think they would have been armed any differently .

Dude, do you know where Khurusan is? And do you know who ruled Khurusan until the middle of the 7th century AD?

@Frisian Not even that much. The Sassanid empire had made a concentrated effort at creating a single national identity throughout the empire, and they came close to success. In so much that the Persians, originally a small semi-nomadic people in southern Iran, are now a people of 80 million. You see, the vast majority of them trace back to other Iranian peoples whom the Sassanid Persians assimilated. By the end of Sassanid rule the people nearly all spoke Persian, and identified themselves as Iranians. Especially the warrior class. So a Khurusani warrior was almost certainly Persian, Khurusan being the province he lived in.

I love this one, it's maybe at 1300-1400 ad  :grin:

black-knight.jpg

Oh look at me I'm so rich and own so many lands. Let me charge my huge over-compensating lance over another sweaty man on a horse.

Back
Top Bottom