Beginner guide and others Guides/Strategy/gameplay

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you
Lol, then Ima use phrase like: 'scared to death' for them(the mercenaries)...
I'm sorry if I sounds like I complaint about bug(in fact i don't), I just want to know what factor that influence this?
If not then I guess Ima stick to old-school M&B scenarios: be a vassal then coup de etat...

Its a problem in a lot of mods, few have found a way to make lords count strength of nearby friendly lords with their own, so they won't run from a fight that combined they could win. Don't know much else about it beyond its in that magic they call the code.

Dorrin said:
Its a problem in a lot of mods, few have found a way to make lords count strength of nearby friendly lords with their own, so they won't run from a fight that combined they could win. Don't know much else about it beyond its in that magic they call the code.

Well sometimes it happen like this: Lord A have 123 troops and lord B (from the same faction as A) has 79 troops, I attack lord B with 100 troops, but Lord A didn't join in fights, but they're standing close enough at each other... Is it a bug? Or simply lord A too lazy to fight?

Sobakozoid said:
Btw! Did you tried option "Access nearby forces" ? 

Lol, I completely forgot about that one! Im pretty much a noob, so I usually go gangsta on em, and don't worry about the details much. and now I get to the point where I want to put my playing level into the next level, since this mood is great.

farsongthehymn said:
Dorrin said:

Well sometimes it happen like this: Lord A have 123 troops and lord B (from the same faction as A) has 79 troops, I attack lord B with 100 troops, but Lord A didn't join in fights, but they're standing close enough at each other... Is it a bug? Or simply lord A too lazy to fight?

Lords have relation with each other, if a lord does not like a lord in the same faction, he will not come to his rescue.

I just started playing brytenwalda a few days ago and different from what you suggest, it seems to me like not wineries but breweries are the most profitable businesses around. Has that changed maybe?

3 more questions:

1. Is there anything like a bastardsword/longsword in the game that gives you a decent range?
2. Is there something equivalent to the lances of the vanilla game?
3. Troop wages seem to be insanely high. I still got a really small warband consisting of 9 companions and 8 equites. 1 equite costs me 250 per week. At the same time a brewery provides around 500-900 profit a week at a cost of 14500. Usually (in vanilla game/europe 1200) I built up a decent empire of enterprises before joining a faction and later starting a kingdom, so that I'm not dependent on trading anymore later on. This seems quite impossible considering those wages - for a gang of 100 equites you would need around 40 breweries. I haven't trained units yet - are the wages of trained elite troops as high as those of equites?

should be a long sword imo because celts are famous for their longswords but i dont know if there are any ig.
----------------------------------------------
There is one it is called the riton longsword and can be used onehanded or changed to a one handed/two handed.

would be nice if someone could answer my economics question. i cant find any enterprises with a profit of 1000 or above. at the same time in some threads people speak of enterprises (wineries) with profits above 2000/week. has that changed in the new version or do I need a big amount of enterprises of one type to get some kind of monopoly bonus or something like that? I've got 2 wineries and 4 breweries now and I make only 1000+ a week with a warband of just 9 companions, 9 equites and a spy, so that I'm still hesistating to increase the number of troops. would be really nice to know, since I'm starting to feel like it was stupid to follow that strategy, I put really a lot of time in trading (its day 130 ingame) to affort those enterprises and the accumulation of wealth is (different than in other mods and the vanilla game) still not really speeding up...

motomataru or someone, can you please write "formation guide for idiots"?

motomataru I read your description and didn't comprehend it. 

My problem is I put my troops in formation and when enemy attacks, all my troops stand around while enemy attacking in mass and fighting like 3 vs 1 of my guys up front.

ivj said:
motomataru or someone, can you please write "formation guide for idiots"?

motomataru I read your description and didn't comprehend it. 

My problem is I put my troops in formation and when enemy attacks, all my troops stand around while enemy attacking in mass and fighting like 3 vs 1 of my guys up front.
Are the troops standing around and your troops fighting in the same division/formation?

I have a lot of problems with infantry units turning into "archer division", even when there are no archers in their formation, this is I guess because most infantry units have javelins even if they're main focus is spearmen etc. Right at the start of the battle they form up fine, but when I tell the infanty division to "hold position" somewhere they usually break formation after getting there and turns into an archer division, if I use "follow me" they seem to stay in formation without turning into an archer division, if I tell them to "stand ground" they also sometimes turn into archer divisions after a while, same thing happens when they get into melee combat and break formation.

Am I doing something wrong here? :/ I usually have an infantry division consisting of Deoguth Engles, or at least I think that's their name, heavy Engle infantry.

Edit: Seems to happen more if I just press "hold this position" without holding the F1 key and positioning them that way (which I just found out you could do one minute ago, haha,  haven't tested it much though).

Ulreijk the Frisian said:
would be nice if someone could answer my economics question.
Looks like economics was changed in 1.34 and 1.35. Old advices (for 1.33 and earlier) are useless now, and enterprises are much less profitable.
And there is thread about trade in 1.35: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,186347.0.html

Ulreijk the Frisian said:
would be nice if someone could answer my economics question. i cant find any enterprises with a profit of 1000 or above. at the same time in some threads people speak of enterprises (wineries) with profits above 2000/week. has that changed in the new version or do I need a big amount of enterprises of one type to get some kind of monopoly bonus or something like that? I've got 2 wineries and 4 breweries now and I make only 1000+ a week with a warband of just 9 companions, 9 equites and a spy, so that I'm still hesistating to increase the number of troops. would be really nice to know, since I'm starting to feel like it was stupid to follow that strategy, I put really a lot of time in trading (its day 130 ingame) to affort those enterprises and the accumulation of wealth is (different than in other mods and the vanilla game) still not really speeding up...

well the most wealthy source of income is the saly mines just shove abunch of slave in there and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom