B Native Battle Time! - The co-op mod (v1.4 Updated 10/1/12)

Users who are viewing this thread

Start by getting the executable.
Download Warband 1.153 from TW and install it somewhere to retrieve the executable.
Alternatively you can get just the executable from someone you trust. Please don't download executables from unknown sources

Copy the 1.153 executable to your 1.154 folder with a name like [font=consolas,courier]mb_warband_old.exe[/font].

To simplify things I'll assume you shoved the WSE files and the executable next to [font=consolas,courier]mb_warband.exe[/font]. For this example it's all on
Code:
G:\Mount&Blade Warband\

Create a shortcut to WSELoader.exe.
In the shortcut properties append the path and module to the Target, like so:
qiaYIcd.png

In my case it went from:
Code:
"G:\Mount&Blade Warband\WSELoader.exe"
to:
Code:
"G:\Mount&Blade Warband\WSELoader.exe" -p "mb_warband_old.exe" -m ModuleName

You should now be able to run WSE with Warband 1.153 through the shortcut and Warband 1.154 by using mb_warband.exe.

As you can see all the relevant files are in the same folder:
G8r8EcJ.png

In case you're wondering:
  • -p tells WSE where to look for the Warband executable.
  • -m specifies the module to run in case of a server or the default module to select on the launcher
  • I think you can even do this with the Steam version, it won't be launched as a Steam game though. You can still add it manually through the "Add non Steam game" menu thingy.

Hope it helps :smile:

Thank you shokkueibu :grin:

shokkueibu said:
Start by getting the executable.
Download Warband 1.153 from TW and install it somewhere to retrieve the executable.
Alternatively you can get just the executable from someone you trust. Please don't download executables from unknown sources

Copy the 1.153 executable to your 1.154 folder with a name like [font=consolas,courier]mb_warband_old.exe[/font].

To simplify things I'll assume you shoved the WSE files and the executable next to [font=consolas,courier]mb_warband.exe[/font]. For this example it's all on
Code:
G:\Mount&Blade Warband\

Create a shortcut to WSELoader.exe.
In the shortcut properties append the path and module to the Target, like so:
qiaYIcd.png

In my case it went from:
Code:
"G:\Mount&Blade Warband\WSELoader.exe"
to:
Code:
"G:\Mount&Blade Warband\WSELoader.exe" -p "mb_warband_old.exe" -m ModuleName

You should now be able to run WSE with Warband 1.153 through the shortcut and Warband 1.154 by using mb_warband.exe.

As you can see all the relevant files are in the same folder:
G8r8EcJ.png

In case you're wondering:
  • -p tells WSE where to look for the Warband executable.
  • -m specifies the module to run in case of a server or the default module to select on the launcher
  • I think you can even do this with the Steam version, it won't be launched as a Steam game though. You can still add it manually through the "Add non Steam game" menu thingy.

Hope it helps :smile:

Hey im having the same problem as SgtNoGlory.

At Script [595] coop_copy_parties_to_file_sp.
Battle Advantage = -6
Create Directory failed for path C:\Users\***************\Documents\Mount&BladeWarband\WSE\
- error 123: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I have 1.153 and using 1.4 of the mod. It should work fine but idk why im getting that message. If anyone could help me i would be greatful.

Guessing you need to launch the game as administrator. Doesn't seem to have enough permissions to create the WSE folder.

Just Wondering if anyone has gotten this to work with 1.153 successfully I'm getting the same error as some of the other guys in here and I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and what I need to do to fix the problem.

foxhound66 said:
Hey im having the same problem as SgtNoGlory.

At Script [595] coop_copy_parties_to_file_sp.
Battle Advantage = -6
Create Directory failed for path C:\Users\***************\Documents\Mount&BladeWarband\WSE\
- error 123: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

I have 1.153 and using 1.4 of the mod. It should work fine but idk why im getting that message. If anyone could help me i would be greatful.

Hello there! I have figured this problem and it's very simple :grin:. Your command line is incorrect(Duh) you need to rename "************" to your account name. It does not do it automaticly
so for example
"C:\Users\***************\Documents\Mount&BladeWarband\WSE\" <--- this is what it looks like now.
"C:\Users\D2v0n\Documents\Mount&BladeWarband\WSE\"<--- this is the CORRECT one.
(to find your my documents name go to your Hard drive and then to the folder "Users"

You can find this in your WSE folder in WSE_settings.

My friend seems to have a problem with Battle time and connecting to me.  We can connect no problem with Native. But whenever he tries to join me on battle time it tries to download a map, which from what I understand shouldn't even be downloading at all. He couldn't have done anything wrong because I practically set up his Battle time myself, and he could connect to another persons battle time no problem. There shouldn't be a problem on my end because another friend of ours could join in and fight along with me. We've tried quite a bit of things to try to get him to join in, making a dedicated server and even replacing the battle_time module in case the files got corrupted during download and other things. But so far no matter what we do it's only him who can't join me. Anyone got any ideas on how to get this fixed for him?  :???:

Hi.

First of all. THANKS for this AWESOME mod!!  :mrgreen:
Me and my friends have been enjoying this mod lately and it's been working great.

I'm wondering if it's possible to display the damage numbers during multiplayer battles?

Me and my friend are using the version for 1.143, and we can get into battles in towns just fine.. however whenever we get into a battle in a plains or snow map, it displays the wrong map on the server list and we can't join the server and it says "Downloading map 0 kb" forever and ever. Any ideas how to fix this? Really great work on the mod btw

kaonashi_new said:
Me and my friend are using the version for 1.143, and we can get into battles in towns just fine.. however whenever we get into a battle in a plains or snow map, it displays the wrong map on the server list and we can't join the server and it says "Downloading map 0 kb" forever and ever. Any ideas how to fix this? Really great work on the mod btw

I may have a similar problem as you (except that we're using the latest version)... now that I think about it, I've only tested it with one encounter type, 11 or so looters near Praven, so I'm assuming that would be the Plains like map... I can't test anything with me or my friend properly due to me being away from my computer for the next few days, but I have wild and honestly loose guess that maybe something might be up with the Native/base files. I honestly don't know if Battle time has it's own Native maps, or uses the Native module's maps. Or possibly even files within the main folder itself. Honestly it sounds pretty stupid and I feel stupid for suggesting that may be it, but with how little answers there are for here. I'm stuck just grasping for straws here.

Is there any way to play other mod COOP? If there is, please, give me better instruction than this one, it's hard to understand.

I know Brytenwalda does. But it launching Brytenwalda with WSE causes some issues in game, like not being able to enter castle halls and taverns. So you'll have to back out and reload the mod with the normal launcher to return to normal functionality between battles.

I  would  like  to regard on enforcerII comment, but with less imperative tone, and less rude.
I see that this idea has been chewed a lot but never resulted in the way people originaly wanted.
I understand this is a quite good mod, and some sweat was spilled in developing it, but did developers stop here becouse it was easier to make something like this, or was it impossible to make mod that enforcerII suggests?? In case his description is not quite percise, i am refering to mod, that would allow the game that is conceptually played like singleplayer campaign, only with at least 2 human players roaming simutaniously over caladria.
I understand there are some issues regarding such gameplay, but i wonder would they  be possible to be bypassed with some tradeoffs?
For example, couldn't time speed be set to always go at normal pace, with no pause or speeding up?
AI armies could be totally left out or kept, depending if they cause tehnical problems.
If some of the modders could give me some little in-depth view on this subject would be, well, smashing  :mrgreen:
Hell even if some turn based solution would be possible it would be quite great, although i can't really imagine how would that work, but hey, i'm not that imaginative guy!
Anyway, respect to the modders, and all they've done, but obviously, we still have the audacity to ask for more  :grin: cheers!

P.S.
also if i should have posted this comment in some other  topic, please advise

i agree with krafna, if there isn't a way anybody has thought of, let us know so we can stop living in hope, I know myself and a few of my friends who play have been wondering about campaign co op for a while, even if the battles are automatic, or the town wander screen is gone, their great parts of the game but pretty sure the joy of pitting wits against opponents in mp would more then make up for them

Back
Top Bottom