OSP Fantasy 3D Art Barf's Lizard Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Barf

Sergeant Knight at Arms
My Lizard man model is done and uploaded to the M&B repository.
HERE

This is really only meant for people making mods

someone to test it for me would be appreciated because I didn't test it  :oops: .
(hopefully it even works.), If noone gets around to testing it for me, I'll clear some time and do eet myself

note: uses regular skeleton.....and you'll need custom weapons/invis models to use for hands/head

lizard4.jpg

For those of you who may be confused at what this file is, it's just a .rar.

To get to open correctly, just rename it M.rar

Also, thanks for releasing this Barf, it's quite nice.

just got back from watching a movie, odd why did it change the name to M........I'll re-upload so it has the proper extension and name.

Edit: Thx btw Austupaio, I uploaded it again but it is still getting renamed to "M".....*sigh*.

If I touched up the texture a bit, would you want the new files?

I realise you stopped because you were tired of the thing, but I'd like to make the texture a bit more lively for personal use and thought you might want to put it in this here OSP.

sure, It would be good to get a couple variations.

video of lizard walking using standard m&b skeleton.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbvpQdpVJDU

Just like to point that part of your rigging went awry.

Ninety percent of the time in menus the shoulders will break off screen, in-game this will only happen about about once in twenty loads.

Also, there will occasionally be small holes in his neck, but this is almost unnoticeable. I'd offer to fix it, but my auto-rigger did a worse job and I can't rig myself.

I'll shoot you a PM when my textures are ready.

Wow, the animation goes perfectly with that reptile. Nice.

Austupaio said:
Just like to point that part of your rigging went awry.

Ninety percent of the time in menus the shoulders will break off screen, in-game this will only happen about about once in twenty loads.

Also, there will occasionally be small holes in his neck, but this is almost unnoticeable. I'd offer to fix it, but my auto-rigger did a worse job and I can't rig myself.

I'll shoot you a PM when my textures are ready.

Indeed, there are some strange problems with your models, Barf. I didn't test your lizzard yet, but the skelly you send me had simillar issues to mentioned above - one is on the rigged mesh, and one on the head. I tried to re-rigg the body and import, re-uvmapp, export head mesh in wings3d, but with no luck. I'll post some screens later.

Anyway, your models still are awesome. :smile:

ah I think I know why the rigging is breaking, I forgot to limit the amount of influences per vertex.
I can fix this afternoon, because its about 20 mins before I gotta go to my last day of work.

The reason why he will need custom weapons is because the placement of his hands and the way I rigged them.

I'll make a some variations of weapons/armor for him.

Barf said:
ah I think I know why the rigging is breaking, I forgot to limit the amount of influences per vertex.
I can fix this afternoon, because its about 20 mins before I gotta go to my last day of work.

The reason why he will need custom weapons is because the placement of his hands and the way I rigged them.

I'll make a some variations of weapons/armor for him.

could be nice to have claw/melee oriented attacked for him like make him strong with punch  or axe/shield is cool for lizardman

Whats cool with him also is that with proper texturing ( you create few variation )  and few different items you can pretty much create a lizardman kingdom in that world that be epic now the gay part is always creating all the interation  et culture menu/option and this stuff otherwise the idea woudl be awesome

Fixed the problems with the rigging, and the file naming problem in the repository.

Edit:added a couple LOD's.

I did test it, though that may have been an older version, but I might not have done it correctly. :razz: It covered the body well enough, but the head, hands and legs of the warrior wearing it as a armour stuck out. :razz: Also, in the second battle I saw them in they had big lines sticking out from them going into infinity.

I wonder if they'd fit into my mod  :roll:

but this would fit into a D&D-Mount&Blade :grin:
that'd be quite awesome actually.

could someone please tell me how to put this into Warband so i can test it. i'm new to the modding aspect of M&B.

Looks great Barf! looking forward to future releases of this  :grin:

mr melon said:
could someone please tell me how to put this into Warband so i can test it. i'm new to the modding aspect of M&B.

Looks great Barf! looking forward to future releases of this  :grin:

I'd VERY much like to know how to do this as well. Can we assign this body mesh to a faction or something?

Back
Top Bottom