Baldur's Gate 3 (from page 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Jhessail said:
The only "new" content will be a completely separate, Underdark-themed dungeon crawl, which will most likely use nothing but existing art assets and creatures. Oh yes, and a three stereotypical NPCs that you can **** since that's the only important thing to modern Bioware fans.

Obviously! Why else would you ever want to play an RPG?!

Pharaoh Llandy said:
Amagic said:
Err, but for someone who doesn't own the original, wouldn't it still be better, if only by a small bit?

You could use TuTu, which runs BG1 on the BG2 engine. There are also a lot of 3rd party fixes and mods out there, since the IE games have always had fanatical modding communities. I use quite a lot of G3 mods in my BG2 games.

That said, I'm not sure if you can actually buy the original BG series anymore, except second hand. It would be awesome if they were still available, but you'd probably really struggle. Which reminds me, I should really make copies of all my CDs, just in case anything happens to the originals...

Good Old Games? IIRC both BGs are on sale thar.

(I've got the collector's pack for both BG and IWD, though for reasons unknown I am unable to apply fanmade mods to them. All I want is better res. :sad:)

GOG, by default, installs the games under Program Files\Good Old games\Gamename

If you have Vista or 7, then the UAC prevents the mods from making any changes there. So reinstall the games somewhere else, like C:\Games\gamename, then install mods. Easy as eating a pie.

That works in Vista but apparently 7 is even more *****y about Program Files directory, so it's better to just always install games somewhere else.

There's an interview at Sorcerer's Place about this. Trent gleefully lies about "how hard" it was to "update" BG for modern machines, when all his team did was to use mods. Then they couldn't even do that properly and had to ask the modders for help. Not posting the link because it's shameless cocksucking and **** that ****.

Also, might as well post a comparison of the graphics, so you can the awesome enhancement:

ORIGINAL:
azj247di.jpg
ENHANCED:
hr9ssgz2.jpg

Yes, the upper screenshot is from Tutu/BGT installation using the Widescreen mod.

And, AFAIK, it's been confirmed by modders that Beamdog is using their work in this Enhanced Edition.

What specifically? I only skimmed but I didn't see anything that stood out as cringe worthy.

Okay, the last page is much worse.

I hate the people in the comments who say that they bought several copies in order to support Beamdog to make BG3. FFS, these hacks are incapable of even creating a paltry "enhanced edition" properly, how the hell do some people think they could manage an entire game?

Back
Top Bottom