Balance Issues Complaint Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Issue: Heavy Armour movement speed.

Solution: Reduce movement speed of heavy Armour by 40% (20% for medium and 0% for light).

Evidence: None.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Issue: Heavy Armour pierce values.

Solution: Allow all piercing weapons designed to pierce heavy Armour at the time (swords with extremely pointed tips ect) to pierce during charges or in close quarters, however doing reduced damage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Issue: Abuse of high level agility and no Armour, allowing people to run around at 30mph with 2h swords.

Solution: 1-2 second delay before you can use your weapon after running. Lock maximum running speed.

Issue: Wooden shields absorbing damage from guns.

Solution: Make wooden shields useless vs musket balls having the musket ball fly straight through the shield into your target.

Issue:
Gendarme OP. Even 100 pikemen, or halberdiers up a hill will still die and Gendarmes will only lose 45-50.

Possible Solution: Make their lances have a chance to break on impact. Say like 90%. They have this feature in some other mods like AD 1257

darnocslew said:

Solution: Reduce movement speed of heavy Armour by 40% (20% for medium and 0% for light).

Solution: Allow all piercing weapons designed to pierce heavy Armour at the time (swords with extremely pointed tips ect) to pierce during charges or in close quarters, however doing reduced damage.

Issue: Abuse of high level agility and no Armour, allowing people to run around at 30mph with 2h swords.

Solution: 1-2 second delay before you can use your weapon after running. Lock maximum running speed.

Issue: Wooden shields absorbing damage from guns.

Solution: Make wooden shields useless vs musket balls having the musket ball fly straight through the shield into your target.

I agree with the 30mph speed no armor crap. Tone it down a bit. I wouldn't reduce the speed in heavy armor. It's already pretty slow. As far as shields go, I don't know if they can change that.

The Gallowglass said:
Issue:
Gendarme OP. Even 100 pikemen, or halberdiers up a hill will still die and Gendarmes will only lose 45-50.

Possible Solution: Make their lances have a chance to break on impact. Say like 90%. They have this feature in some other mods like AD 1257

Nope, better solution, remove stabbing from the great lances. They should only be able to be couched.

darnocslew said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqC_squo6X4&t=35m15s

darnocslew said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osTQrJ_axfc&t=2m0s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq03z9Hkq2s&t=10m20s

Issue+Proof: Danish Great Sword is longer, lighter, faster, and cuts better than the Lowlander sword (AND LESS EXPENSIVE!) Also,
Claymore is completely superior to Scottish Claymore, and less expensive
Lowlander Sword
Hit points: 2515
Reach: 120
Weight: 2.3
Speed: 89
Thrust: 20 pierce
Swing: 32 cut

Danish Great Sword
Hit points: 2500
Reach: 124 Longer than the lowlander sword, fine
Weight: 2 Lighter than the lowlander sword... what?
Speed: 92 Faster than the lowlander sword... what?
Thrust: 21 pierce Better at penetration? But the lowlander sword is heavier, shouldn't it be at least on par with a the danish sword, considering the danish sword is 15% lighter?
Swing: 32 cut What? If the Lowlander sword is slower, heavier, and weaker in the point, shouldn't it at least be a little better at cutting?

Claymore
Hit points: 2505
Reach: 117
Weight: 2.1
Speed: 91
Thrust: 20 pierce
Swing: 33 cut
Price: 191

Scottish Claymore
Hit points: 2520
Reach: 126 8% Longer (okay)
Weight: 2.4 13.5% Heavier (Seems like the weight increase is too high relative to the reach)
Speed: 88 4.3% Slower (Speed and length+weight don't scale directly so this is fine)
Thrust: 21 pierce Only very slightly better at penetrating despite being significantly longer and heavier?
Swing: 32 cut A DECREASE IN CUTTING POWER? WHAT? This weapon is more expensive, longer, and heavier, how the hell is it worse at cutting?
Price: 192
Solution:
Two possible solutions for the two comparisons (4 total solutions).
-Buff the lowlander sword. Either by giving it a proper speed and weight for its smaller size or increasing its cutting and thrusting capacity considering its weight advantage over the Danish Sword.
-Nerf the Danish Great Sword, by either making it heavier and slower (I own one so I'd rather you didn't :razz:; I can confirm it's a great weapon, perhaps too... Great.. of a sword. Heh.)
-Nerf the Claymore's cut and thrust capacity
-Buff the Scottish Claymore's cut and thrust capacity (it's heavier, slower, and longer, so it should at least have the benefit of increased damage).

Another Issue+Proof: The Morningstar has a more piercing thrust than an estoc
Morningstar
Hit points: 2510
Reach: 85
Weight: 2.2
Speed: 83
Thrust: 30 pierce
Estoc
Reach: 119
Weight: 1.6
Speed: 97
Thrust: 22 pierce Why is the trust capacity of what is essentially a rapier so much lower than a morningstar? A morningstar's hits are probably going to be diffused over several points, so I don't understand why the morningstar is so much better than a weapon designed for thrusting.
Solution: Increase Estoc's thrust capacity? It is a two handed sword after all. Or nerf the morningstar, although, it's just been nerfed a short while ago. I think the Estoc should have the best piercing capacity of any sword (except maybe significantly larger and heavier swords) considering it's a sword made to thrust. In my view, it should of a thrust of at least 23 and at most 27 pierce. If it was up to me I'd shoot for 24 or 25.

English Longsword
Hit points: 2475
Reach: 101
Weight: 1.5
Speed: 96
Thrust: 23 pierce
So the English Longsword, a hand and a half sword which is lighter and shorter than the estoc (a two handed weapon) has a better capacity to thrust? This doesn't make sense.
Solution: buff the Estoc or nerf the penetrative capabilities of shorter and lighter swords, like the Repent Sword.

Another Issue+Proof: One handed weapons are just bad. One handed axes and maces are appallingly slow. Almost all of the one handed morningstars/maces/anti-armor weapons are slower than the morningstar. I understand their reduced capacity to deal damage, but it doesn't make sense that a weapon that is essentially half the weight of the morningstar and with a much shorter haft will be slower. Like the Heavy Short axe, it is half the weight of the morningstar (2.2 versus 1.1), yet several points slower in speed, and it has a short haft, it should be as least as fast if not faster than the morningstar. Solution: Please give the "heavy" one handed weapons (axe, mace, etc.) a boost in speed to make them competitive with larger weapons.

Longsword
Hit points: 2470
Reach: 106
Weight: 1.4
Speed: 97
Thrust: 22 pierce
Swing: 32 cut
Slot: Left hip 1

Irish Sword
Hit points: 2465
Reach: 107
Weight: 1.3
Speed: 91
Thrust: 16 pierce
Swing: 24 cut
Slot: Left hip 1

Though essentially the same in reach and weight, the hand and a half sword (longsword) is significantly faster, as well as being better at both cutting and thrusting. I'm not sure how much the Longsword's stats are reduced when used in one hand, I'm assuming it might have ~28 cut when it's held in one hand, I don't really know how that works, if someone does feel free to edify me.

This is also true for the Arabian long sword, which is one handed. Compare it to a 1.5 hand sword with very similar reach and weight and the 1.5 hand sword will absolutely dominate in its ability to deal damage.
Solution: Buff one handed swords in cut and thrust by a couple points. Maybe you've put more thought into this than I have (I'm not being sarcastic), but it seems to me like they're weak.

Another Issue+Proof: Desert Mail is too expensive. The Lamellar vest is overpriced as well.
http://imgur.com/Hjhf4Ai
For its protective value, Desert Mail should only be slightly more expensive than the Byrnie.
Solution: Switch the item cost of Byrnie and Lamellar vest, (Byrnie is better in every way, it should be more expensive), then stick the Desert Mail somewhere in between. It should cost anywhere from 350-400, not 473. I'd lower the price of it by at least 100.

Another Issue+Proof: This is a small issue, Skirmisher armor is overpriced. For its protective value, it should cost 40 gold, not 50.
Janichareteksiz
Hit points: 273
Weight: 2.1
Body armor: 11
Foot armor: 5
Price: 48
Skirmisher Armor
Hit points: 272
Weight: 1.8
Body armor: 10
Price: 50

The Skirmisher armor SHOULD be right next to Archer's padded vest:
Archer's Padded Vest
Hit points: 272
Weight: 1.9
Body armor: 10
Price: 40
Solution: Either buff Skirmisher Armor very slightly, or more simply, decrease its price by 10 gold.

Another Issue+Proof: All borks are overpowered (for their price).
For the protection they provide and their light weight they all need to have an increase in price of ~100 gold. Compare the Cap with Fur to the Uskuf.
http://imgur.com/qYeBJNO
Solution: Increase their price.

Another Issue+Proof: Splinted greaves are way over priced! They provide 9 foot armor yet are 100 gold more expensive than the only other foot armor that provides 9 armor.
Solution: Decrease their price by 100 gold, or buff them to at least 15 armor.

Another Issue+Proof: Guard Boots are overpriced!
Compare them with Mail Boots:
Mail Boots
Hit points: 191
Weight: 6.6
Foot armor: 32
Price: 352

Guard Boots
Hit points: 194
Weight: 7.2
Foot armor: 30
Price: 420
Solution: The prices for the two items should be switched, meaning the Guard Boots should be 352 and the Mail ~420

Another Issue: Many of the lower level boots are not priced correctly. The difference in price is so small that it's hardly worth mentioning, but unlike other areas of armor price doesn't scale directly with armor value. You might see some foot armors priced from highest to lowest with a foot armor value of 8, 8, 9, 10, 10, 10, 8, 10, 11, 12. Obviously the "8" value is out of place. It's not worth my time to point out everywhere that this occurs, but if you have some time to kill (whoever is a balancer) feel free to look this over.

Another Issue: The Military Scythe, Light Glaive, Hook, Awlpike, Military Fork, Spear, and Shortened Spear can be sheathed.

Extremely similar polearms can not be sheathed.
Solution: Make all those unsheathe-able or make their very close cousins sheathe-able.

Back
Top Bottom