Avatar: The Last Airbender Mini-Mod (Released)

Users who are viewing this thread

temizkopat, you need to make a more complete mod.

Avatar: plot, map, factions (Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Air Nomads, Fire Nation), equipment, mounts, more magic, more characters, etc.

Why Aang and Sokka are so hairy? And Zuko has another haircut(s).

A few suggestions.

Such a mod is going to need some SERIOUS reskinning. The BRF editor is your friend for this. A skin that allows Aang's painted bald head to shine through would be a decent start.

Particle effects are a must-have for higher-level attacks.

Redo the entire map to show the elemental nations.

These are basic suggestions.

I could do some scripting/mapwork if needed. Don't know enough about brf-editing to work on the weapons, sadly enough, although it is a possible total-conversion idea. Maybe when 1.0 comes out, we'll have more freedom in messing with attack animations?

Edit: Wikipedia also has a world map of the Avatar universe. It should help decide where everything is.

While I loved the show personally, I can't possibly see how you can impliment the fighting styles of the show in this game without a major revamp of the game engine.  Too much work with not enough gain.

waraelm said:
get this god forskaen mod away from this fourm!! that ****ing stupid piece of american **** cartoon is bad. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
haha.. if you dont like the show then why comment it..hmph i like star wars too but you look like one of those nerds i bet you go to bed in a wookie pajama...

Just FYI, I'm 38 years old and I love this show.  It has dynamic character development.  Meaning that the characters change over the course of the show.  It has a water-ed down version of Daoist and Shinto religion and teaches the philosophy.  It has a very cool Pan-Asia fantasy motif that does not actually come out and say that they are ethnically Asian...brilliant.  It has good action (but no blood, so my children can watch it).  It teaches good values such as quest for freedom but uphold responsibilities.  It has actual good humor.  Borrows heavily from Hayao Miyazaki (Princess Mononoke, Laputa, Kiko's Delivery Service, Narseka Valley of the Wind,etc)... and that is a good thing.  It IS American Anime...a blend of Japanese anime style, but with characters that would be much more at home in American junior high-schools. 

All this said, I really can't see how a mod would work unless it had multiple styles of kung-fu and Chinese weapon fighting movements, not to mention a very different look.

waraelm said:
no i hate the show its stupid and what are people getting out of it. tv used to have some decent stuff on it but now all the cartoons are rubbish. the last decent cartoon i saw was star wars clone wars.

Sorry to say, even The Clone Wars TV series sucked, and this is coming from the guy who owns every movie, book, game, heck, I even have half the lego series. It's obvious some people don't like Avatar, but some people hate Star Wars, too, but they didn't flame it to kingdom come.

Good work on the mod, I can't wait for more.
I've only seen book 1, but I have plans to watch the rest.

hate to breack to to everyone but i apouligsed and stopped talking in this topic. avillion has been spamming me all day being abusive so can you please stop feeding the monkey.

i just had a quick read of everyones comments and yous argue over a stupid reason and its sad that one of use reported it to a admin, its like telling a teacher at school you saw a fight in the yard.

Back
Top Bottom