[ Avalon Events ] [ The hunger Games ] [ Every Saturday 8pm EST ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Announcement

There has been some changes to the event, we will be kicking off at 5PM on the Avalon_Event server.  We would like to thank S0mebody for his help hosting us the first two weeks, but it is time for Avalon to stretch it's young wings and try to fly on it's own.  We hope to see you all there!​

Simple curiosity, why did you get ride of nexus ? It brought all the playerbase and server support last week no ?

didn't get rid of nexus, i asked s0mebody "what about hunger games this saturday" and he said "I'll pass".  So we decided to move it back to our server.

Last week kind of got ruined, the nexus admins who helped out were very mean to players, slaughtering them with weapons and admin swords, banning them by the 10s 20s 30s, being completely rude. *besides Friedrich and UnlivedPro".

I do not trust their admins to treat the players kindly, so I need my staff for the event.

"We know not having nexus back it will significantly drop the player count but it is unavoidable"  The original intention for the event was for avalon to host it for the PW community, since the idea was created and executed by Avalon.  It was cool that last week it blew up, but it also failed in my eyes, it possibly got ruined for many people because the nexus staff was being ****ty to the players.

I thought it was cool to have the whole community get together for an event, may still happen next week as GK has offered their support with a east coast server. 

We just can't have admins we don't know or trust working the event because many problems occurred. 

It is still considered a PW wide event and everyone is welcome, it is just fully hosted by Avalon now.

Appreciated answer, I too believe nexus admins were rude, I just hope the smaller amount of hungergamers won't be a problem !

it might be small this week, as I am personally dealing with setting up a 3rd server box today and tomorrow.  This latest box should offer far less lag, since the network is meant for gaming. 

It also has more protection and we are getting a panel finally to protect us from crashes.

Right now with our current server setup, everything is manual linux, and we are practically walking on the face of god with how lucky we have been to not have a crash with 94 people on. O.O

Event winners week 3!

RebelCadell
Terik
High_Defender_of_Ra_Adom​

Despite being significantly smaller event than last week, the numbers matched week one at 60 players!  Thanks for playing!

Morbid said:
didn't get rid of nexus, i asked s0mebody "what about hunger games this saturday" and he said "I'll pass".  So we decided to move it back to our server.

That is just pure bollocks. You stated that you wanted to host it.

"when I said We decided to move it", I meant avalon staff.  Not you and I, if that is what you are confused with. 

Hunger games canceled for today, I have a show to make. Gonna go see amon amarth, enslaved, and skeleton witch.  heuheuheu

Saturday April 12, 2014 @ 8:00pm EST
Hunger Games

Free-for-all

Description:
This week we are bringing back our popular series of Hunger Games events! With a brand new map created by myself, the objective of this event is to be the last man or woman standing! A simple fight for survival against the harsh elements as well as other people trying to hunt you down. We'll see you this Saturday!
http://www.avalon-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/1055-avalon-pw-weekly-saturday-night-war-event-thread/?p=9330​

Back
Top Bottom