Assassins Creed III - trailer released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Hitson Winsler said:
So the guy is a native American, fighting for the revolutionaries.

Why exactly?

Historically speaking most of the Huron and Mohawk tribes didn't want settlers on their lands so they've sided with the Loyalists in the Revolutionary War. Only a few of them (not tribes but people) remained neutral and one prominent Native American fought for the Americans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Louis_Cook

Based on that, it's hard to believe in such a concept, though let's see how they're going to make something up. Maybe the new protagonist is based on this Louis Cook guy's life?

I didn't see a thread for this yet, so here it is.
Assassins Creed III will set in the American independence war.

Watch the trailer.

Do you think this is an improvement, or will the new setting ruin it all?
And also, will you buy the game?

1330588235.jpeg

It says in the description he is british and mohawk born. Yet he fights for the americans?

Confused  :???:

But if he is mohawk and british born he can't be born in Britain if he is mohawk born too, and vice versa. And then both of them are iirc enemies of the americans so why on earth would he fight for the americans? :lol:

Trevty said:
He might walk a more neutral path.  I saw somewhere that they intend to focus more on the secret societies than on the British or Americans.

This I would like. If he was assassinating figures on both sides.

I'll just yell 'For King George!' and start killing rebel colonists. Also, hope they improve the possibilities on horseback.
This roaming in the wilderness sounds like solid variation, a third of the content will take place in the wild. I'm looking forward to that.

Oh **** yes, **** yes, forest ninja tree jumping is in. I can't wait to run from one tree to the other in the middle of the night, calmly tracking my frightened British prey on the dark ground below, before finally, right around the time they start being hysterically paranoid and begin turning 'round like mad, I move in for the kill.

Not a big fan of the "**** the blade, give him an axe" change, though.

I hope to hell they tone down his AC outfit, looks really out of place in this setting.

However, very curious how it'll go, it's not a very well explored time period in gaming and that in itself will be interesting. Also, it'll be nice to explore a chunk of history that has been drilled into my head a little bit more than the features of the other games.

I've always been a sucker for the AC games. Over everything I think their cities and environments are pretty much unrivaled for creating believable places (maybe GTA ties). For the most part I just love running around all over their environments. Gameplay... its relaxing when you don't want to think, and brotherhood actually put some challenge back into it for full sync which was nice.

Really, just picturing some key last of the Mohicans scenes and imagining running around in that setting, overall am excited.

*edit* Also, would like to flip out like mel gibson in the patriot.

If the assassin's perspective is anything like the perspective they had in the crusades, on the first game, it'll be alright.

Apparently it's not politically neutral, it's about "Americans fighting the Templars" and how "Connor sides with the Americans".

Which is odd because the colonists were complete dicks to the natives.

Back
Top Bottom