Armies

Users who are viewing this thread

Winter1

Recruit
Please please please add an option to your parties to not be recruited to allied armie's

Just started my own kingdom with 5 empire clans under my belt, They took my 4 partie's I geared well with troops, attacked a castle and lost them all to defender's.
I then start more partie's as I am trying to defend a castle, they made another army as soon as they capped at 70% party capacity with recruits.... they walk right past me defending and start attacking the castle again, If I had my troops from other parties in the first place I would not have lost my personal troops in the defence of the castle... 2800/3000 aserai dead 400/400 my party troops dead...

After the aserai took the castle, they went and demolished our small army of recruits.

I mean, I cant even get better troops than recruits in my parties due to these allied clans wanting to run around sticking their fingers where they please in my stuff and running around in undies expecting to take on the world.

It's either I have to get around in an army of my own troops 24/7, which slow's me down preventing me from hunting the small troublsome parties.

I just want my parties as defence against raids and be there when we actually need them.

It would be nice to not see allied clans as idiotic children sticking their fingers where they please in other people's stuff because they feel unstoppable.
Would be nice to be able to tell them no, without disbanning their army over and over again making them hate me.

The game is great! but this is the worst part of it by far!

THEY ARE DRIVING ME MAD.

It's either I have to get around in an army of my own troops 24/7, which slow's me down preventing me from hunting the small troublsome parties.
You mean small troublesome parties like perhaps "troublesome bandits" :unsure:

This is pretty much the crux, its either one or the other you just cant have it both way. Also, in the Kingdom screen / Diplomacy tab you can set the level of aggression for war strategy , the settings are something like aggressive, mixed, or defensive (not sure on the actual names because I am not leader of a faction right now. I cant confirm it). Even if it is set to defensive I believe in some cases they will still try to capture towns/castles though perhaps not as frequently.

I am currently playing as a lord in a kingdom and one strategy I use is to "tail" the attacking army with my own army. What usually happens is they wear themselves out on sieges then the army is destroyed and most of the lords are captured. If I tail them I can either save them from being destroyed or prevent them from being attacked in the first place. Its sorta like babysitting but different. So essentially the game mechanics require the player to adapt in unusual ways to make up for the AI's ineffectiveness.

Last edited:
You do know that you can form armies in peace time? while the AI cant you the player can.
And if you form that army of the 3 clanlead - the cost of influence is 0..

This way when war breaks out - you have your army ready to go.

Dont get me wrong I wish they added an option like you describe, so that you could basically have those 3 clan parties be on defense of villages etc while the other armies was siegeing etc.
Kind of like how you can set their "stance" to neutral, defensive and agressive.
1 more like that below where you could let them join armies or not.(I would also love to see an option to let them form armies aswell ehem).

As the other person though suggest use mods if you are on PC, playing unmodded is something you do if you want to imo be active in provideing feedback on bugs etc.
Should you play for haveing fun - play with mods, the game is that much better as you can get the game to be like "you want" not some way that TW wants that it seems that so many in the playerbase dont enjoy ehem.

42. Take clan parties from the AI army.
You can call your clan parties into your army if they are already in the AI army.
43. Prevent AI from calling your parties into their army.
If you have created your own army (even without parties), the AI will not call your parties to join its army.

You do know that you can form armies in peace time? while the AI cant you the player can.
And if you form that army of the 3 clanlead - the cost of influence is 0..
I hate moving around in an army because it is so absurdly slow.

One playthrough I found myself pausing the instant a war was declared (nice that it has a distinctive sound effect :wink:) so that I could make a clan army. This was mainly to prevent them from donating their top tier troops to random places the AI army would take them :facepalm:). This led to me being in an army during every war, slowly creeping around the map. I could swear I even put cunning and scouting skill on my family members and I only used them for party leaders, no companions (this was back when the older brother in the campaign was customizable). Nothing I did made it fun.

Travel was so annoyingly slow that I have not even bothered using other clan parties since then :meh:. I only form an army at the gates of a city I'm about to siege, letting vassals arrive as I set up siege engines and do my thing.

One playthrough I found myself pausing the instant a war was declared (nice that it has a distinctive sound effect :wink:) so that I could make a clan army. This was mainly to prevent them from donating their top tier troops to random places the AI army would take them :facepalm:). This led to me being in an army during every war, slowly creeping around the map. I could swear I even put cunning and scouting skill on my family members and I only used them for party leaders, no companions (this was back when the older brother in the campaign was customizable). Nothing I did made it fun.

Travel was so annoyingly slow that I have not even bothered using other clan parties since then :meh:. I only form an army at the gates of a city I'm about to siege, letting vassals arrive as I set up siege engines and do my thing.

Now ususally the armies arent that slow though "if you do it right".
Meaning check the composition of the parties.
Like if you let your ai-clan members unless they are Khuzait, they will typically have 70-80% Infantry 15-20% ranged and 0-10% cavalry.
Just be sure to give your clan members more mounted units be in cav or horse archers.

Tbh the way they dont recruit cav and ranged in "normal" amounts is really poorly written ai though.

Talk to your clanmembers and choose inspect and then pick up all the recruits they have, and give'em some cav/ma instead.

Those skill you mentiond do have some effect but "scouting" unless in "higher" tier dont help to mitigate terrain(the perks you pick do) otherwize the scouting skill gives visual range, now you can get perks at 25-50-75 etc that help to navigate some terrain for sure.

Retrain if you can the clanmembers you want to assign to parties so they can be better suited to that task(speak to the arena instructor to do so).
Some times they have high perks etc, but its not ideal for the role you want them to have etc.
If the scout skill is below 25 dont assign them a party until you've trained them up to that atleast.

I'm not sure I remember what patch you refer to, but it dont feel like the way the current game unfolds though, it should be better atleast from my experience if you do the small step of ensureing that your clanled parties have 20-30% of the group made up of Cav/MA.

if you dont want to "micro-manage that though" you can give them a banner that will buff the speed of infantry by 5-20% pending on the quality (note that its rng loot, and typically it drops from Battanian warparties if I remeber correctly).
Then pick the perk in Scouting where it buff the speed if the party is 70% ? infantry.

Ideally they would redo the ai of the clanmembers so they recruited abit better units for sure.

Please please please add an option to your parties to not be recruited to allied armie's
Yeah people have wanted this forever. What I do is just put them in an army with me and then empty their troops ( if not needed) in my party or garrison, and just keep them as an empty party in army with me, for the entire game. This way I can collect and absorb extra troops to throw in new garrisons with thier capacity, but also become fast sometimes and never have to let them run free. I fell like they never do a good job defending anyways and will chase a smaller party forever until they eventually run into a fight. This is too bad too as it would be nice to actually have defenders. They also do a lot of dum stuff like replace the troops you give them with trash, overfill you garrison with trash and stuff.

I mean, I cant even get better troops than recruits in my parties due to these allied clans wanting to run around sticking their fingers where they please in my stuff and running around in undies expecting to take on the world.
Yeah this gets crazy especially once there's a lot of displaced clans running around. Everything starts to be picked clean all the time. I think TW should remove the extra recruitment the AI gets from notables and limit it to only a certain region per clan.
Yeah, Ideally a large army should be only for sieges, since the speed+ in building the siege camp should help offset the movement speed. That's why I do the empty party thing I described earlier to be fast but still be able to just pick up and move troops easily. Also to bulk up to intercept extra large armies.

The empty party thing is smart. I never even thought of that.

It sounds useful. I always feels bad when I don't hire freshly-rescued high level troops due to already having a full party.

The thing i do is add my Clan Parties the second i see there has been a war announced or a vote for war comes along. I add my Parties first and then i add other clans to complete my army. I always join the wars actively and help my fellow armies where needed. Cause i think the ai armies are way to dumb to even survive the war and while i help them survive they can upgrade their troops and get stronger in the process. If you continue to help them then they will reap the benefits for the next war, cause your armies will have high tier troops against an enemy with mostly recruits at the start of a new war. I know this means you will be away fighting wars alot but i think it gives a certain sattisfaction to you that you win wars alot and also can grow your kingdom in the process. Grtz Vaan.

Back
Top Bottom