AoB: Suggestion Box

Users who are viewing this thread

i like Splintert's idea on reloading it would be nice to be able to volley 2 times in a battle withought having to retreat behind a hill or somthing so your men will reload withought shooting, i have been thinking about somthing like that for a while but i still cannot think of a way to make them reload withought swapping to there melee weapon

I don't Know if this has been suggested before, but why are the Russians over by the rhodok place? When they should be over the by snowy area. I think it would be really fun to fight Russians in the snow  :razz:.

I am not sure if any one has thought about this but there should defiantly be a in battle morale system and if i shoot an enemy general/lord his troops should freak out or if they enemy forces have a lot of casualties they should flee . . . cuz its not fair how if i shoot them the battle continues but if i get shot the whole battle just ends.

is someone still working on this mod?
i'm playing it for a few weeks and it's pretty good, though there are some things that are freaking me out.
- the musket should be more accurate at close ranges.
- the troops should make two lines and shoot alternating, or at least when they get more experienced
- the reloading time should be the longest for recruits and go down with more experience
- as somebody already said castles should be made little more 'napoleonic'
greetz

Well the mod maker hasn't been active since December, all progress on other mods except Scandinavia has stopped, and I have to work on that, as well as my own add-on AND Liberty or Death. Frankly Liberty or Death is more inviting right now.

What would improve this mod is:

Naval battles

And a new map,or at least switch the Russians location with the French one's,and add Prussia!!!

I have a few suggestions =D.

Gameplay:
- It would be very nice if there are more ways to earn money. I mean jobs.
From farmer, miner, fisher, captain, officier to Mayor of a Town.

The farmer have to be possible. You buy seed on the market and when you are at home, you
can choose to work on the country. This will cost 10 hours per day (just an excample).
After 5 days, you can harvest your country and sell the goods (corn, grain) on the market.

- A second idea is introducing a family. xD. This makes possible to do more Quests. And you need to feed your family.

- The third way is to own fiefs. You can hire people and they will work on your land.

- The fourth suggestion is to change the monthly income to weekly. It's really stupid to wait 30 wait before you earn a bit money. Yes i know, there are tournaments and other things, but you can implement MORE expednitures. (feed your family, costs of hired people, king's tax. common tax, war tax)

- The feature you are already a King of a country (not climb up or have 1 town in the beginning, but a entire country.)

- You can kill the King or at least do a coup. =D

- I think, when you are sieging a city, your soldiers are always shooting. They have to do melee.
(i think you can choose to do melee in some addons?)

- Much more accurate guns for your own.  I dont like to miss 20x before anyone is going die.

Graphical:
- A bit, BIT! blood on uniforms and make them older looking. Sense of reality, because the uniforms are looking like plastic. (maybe i can help?)

- Buildings which are 18-century-looked. (maybe i can help?)

- Smoke... this must much and much better. You see only clouds. This have to be like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYfYVIicR7g&feature=related
It have to be WHITE, LONG and NOT SEPARATE CLOUDS.

=============================================
I'am really sorry for my bad English, but i'am a Dutchman =D.

Quintillius said:

Any help with 18th century scenes would be highly appreciated!
Do you have any experience with scene building?

Berthout said:
Quintillius said:

No, no experciene, but i can make models with Wings3D and texture it. How do do the rest i dont know.

Btw, i have edited my last post.

Quintillius said:
Berthout said:
Quintillius said:

No, no experciene, but i can make models with Wings3D and texture it. How do do the rest i dont know.

Btw, i have edited my last post.

Thats half the skill you need for scene building. With wings you are able to make scene probs.
For the scenes themselves you can use the in game editor.

If you have time and are motivated have a look at the guides about scene building on the forums.
If your interested, I can send you some research I did on fortifications from that time.

Great!

I only did some very basic scene editing so for help you will need to have a look else where on the forum.

But just to give you the basic outline (as far as I understand it).

You need scene props, which you can make in wings 3D, as well as collision meshes, which you can also make in wings 3D.

To get them in the game you should use the module system and include them in module_scene_props.py.

Back up the sceneobjects ( NAMEOFTHESCENE.sco)

Start the game in edit mode (in the start up screen press configure and select 'start windowed' and 'enable edit mode').

Start the game. Go to a certain scene and press Ctrl+E to enter edit mode. Edit the scene. When you close the edit mode your changes will be saved in the original file (which is why you need to make the back-up).

The biggest trouble seems to be to edit the AI mesh properly. I can't help you with that though.
Easiest would of course be if you don't have to change the AI mesh. But just replace the medieval looking scene props with 18th century looking ones. This way you are a bit limited in what you can do (as the new walls and ladders have to be at the same place as the old ones) but it might be the easiest to get started.

Also bear in mind that for every castle/town there is both a normal and a siege scene. So you will have to edit both of them. On the other hand, don't make a whole city. Just give the impression that there is a whole city by building a couple of streets and some low quality models in the background that give the impression that there is more outside these few streets.

Some pictures of fortifications as well as some ideas for possible scenes.
wiki
A very good website about fortresses
Another website with some Finnish fortresses
Some aerial pictures.
Some Catalan fortresses

If all this doesn't scare you away and your still up for it, I'd be happy to add you to the Europe 1805 team if you could make some scenes.

I mostly need a a normal town scene and 2 siege scenes. One of a fortified city and another one of a none fortified city. The latter being nothing more then a normal street with a barricade and some other improvised protection.

But of course you are free to do whatever you like. Any scene is better then the medieval ones we have now.

Quintillius said:
I am sorry, but i can't script. Maybe i can make the objects and give it to you?

Sadly I don't have time in the next few weeks.

The scripting for this is really easy though.

Every scene prop is defined like this in the module_scene_props:

Code:
  ("AAA",BBB,"CCC","DDD", [EEE]),

AAA = the name of the scene prop. You can choose this yourself.
BBB = the flag for the scene prop. For instance sokf_type_container will make it a chest where you can put stuff in. If you don't need a flag (which will be the case most of the time) you jsut put a 0.
CCC = the name of the mesh. So the name your scene prop has in the BRF file.
DDD = the physics object name. So what the name of the collision mesh is in the brf file.
EEE = Triggers. You can leave this blank for most objects.

If we have a look at one of the native walls it looks like this:

Code:
  ("castle_battlement_a",0,"castle_battlement_a","bo_castle_battlement_a", []),

castle_battlement_a = the name of the mesh as used in the module system.
there are no flags
castle_battlement_a = the name of the mesh (it's in castle_e.brf)
bo_castle_battlement_a = is the collision mesh (it's also in castle_e.brf)
there are no triggers

So if you want to add a new wall you made in wings all you have to do is add it to a brf file in the resources folder of your module (Don't forget to add load_module_resource = NAMEOFTHEBRFFILE in module.ini) and add the following at the end of module_scene_props.py (but before the last ]):

Code:
  ("new_fortress_wall",0,"name_of_the_wall_in_brf","bo_name_of_the_wall_in_brf", []),

Which will look like this:

Code:
 ("gourd_spike",0,"gourd_spike","bo_gourd_spike",[]),

("obstacle_fence_1",0,"fence","bo_fence", []),
 ("obstacle_fallen_tree_a",0,"destroy_tree_a","bo_destroy_tree_a", []),
 ("obstacle_fallen_tree_b",0,"destroy_tree_b","bo_destroy_tree_b", []),  

("new_fortress_wall",0,"name_of_the_wall_in_brf","bo_name_of_the_wall_in_brf", []),
]

To get the module system and a basic tutorial have a look here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5408.0.html

Thanks a lot =D. I learn much more of you than of the tutorials.

I already have done the tutorials about wings3D, module.ini and the ingame editor.
Again thanks to you, i do understand it a bit more and have now more motivation to read and try the tutorials again =D.

Btw, it's really ironic, i had already a plan to retexture the native houses. I only need a bit help
with the scripting :grin:. We are on the same line.

Quintillius said:
I have a few suggestions =D.

Gameplay:
- It would be very nice if there are more ways to earn money. I mean jobs.
From farmer, miner, fisher, captain, officier to Mayor of a Town.

The farmer have to be possible. You buy seed on the market and when you are at home, you
can choose to work on the country. This will cost 10 hours per day (just an excample).
After 5 days, you can harvest your country and sell the goods (corn, grain) on the market.

- A second idea is introducing a family. xD. This makes possible to do more Quests. And you need to feed your family.

- The third way is to own fiefs. You can hire people and they will work on your land.

- The fourth suggestion is to change the monthly income to weekly. It's really stupid to wait 30 wait before you earn a bit money. Yes i know, there are tournaments and other things, but you can implement MORE expednitures. (feed your family, costs of hired people, king's tax. common tax, war tax)

- The feature you are already a King of a country (not climb up or have 1 town in the beginning, but a entire country.)

- You can kill the King or at least do a coup. =D

- I think, when you are sieging a city, your soldiers are always shooting. They have to do melee.
(i think you can choose to do melee in some addons?)

- Much more accurate guns for your own.  I dont like to miss 20x before anyone is going die.

Graphical:
- A bit, BIT! blood on uniforms and make them older looking. Sense of reality, because the uniforms are looking like plastic. (maybe i can help?)

- Smoke... this must much and much better. You see only clouds. This have to be like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYfYVIicR7g&feature=related
It have to be WHITE, LONG and NOT SEPARATE CLOUDS.

Uhm, you are indeed stuffed with excellent ideas. However, I'm not sure how to solve them into the game, nor how to script them. Giving the player more accurate guns ain't such a big concern, the plan of this mod is to focus on battlefield and campaign tactics. Where you are the commander and you controll your troops.
I think this will work out even better in Warband quite frankly, but I'm going my best with this version right now.
Also, I know what you mean with the uniforms being plastic, I tried doing some variations on them, as you might see. However, it didn't turn out too great, but I think that as long as you can see your teams colours are you OK :wink:
And yes, I will ofcause change the smoke, it's horrible as it is right now. But changing the castles is actually to much work in my opinion, I wish you have enough mental fantasy to see past that :razz:

Ps. You speak with excellent english in comparison with some people that posts here. So no worries :wink:

For the uniforms, you can use photoshop. Just a bit of white and grey and a bit red. (blood)
and you get nice uniforms :grin:.

That's much better. Be a commander instead of let them fight and kill someone for your own. :grin:
I have a idea for the smoke. Maybe, MAYBE, you can try the smoke of the horses.
When a horse is walking, you can see some smoke.
If you place this smoke at the end of your gun, have you almost good smoke. This smoke
of the horse can maybe be copied? So, it will be thicker, longer and higher.

(PS: I'm trying to learn some basics of scenes, editing & modeling. Hopefully i can help this mod in future :grin:. [This addon is btw the only reason why i want to learn modeling, scenes etc. :grin:]

Well, I can check how the horses smoke is made, but I will use different particles, I want my smoke white, atleast grey.

Back
Top Bottom