[Announcing] Hundred Years War: 1357

Users who are viewing this thread

Llew2

Cheap ass bum
Count
I've begun work on the Hundred Years War: 1357.

-Features-

Seven factions in total:
England
France
Navarre
Burgundy
Flanders
Montfort
Penthievre

Slightly expanded map, to include Flanders in the north and Navarre in the south. Normandy and Brittany are more fleshed out now.

A total of 9 new towns, with more villages and castles, divided among the new factions. 

The Breton War of Succession, being fought between the Montforts and Penthievres.

The new factions will be more like mini-factions, none of them alone being able to take on England or France, but still something to be considered. Each will have 8-10 Lords, and a few towns and castles.

Each new faction will of course have it's own troop tree, some of which I already have, but some I'm still working on. I may put put up a thread for more ideas latter; depends on what I come up with. 

(Historical note: the addition of Burgundy at this time is pure poetic license on my part. And to put it tactfully...If you don't like it, you have my generous permission to get stuffed. :wink:)

Woot! I think the other factions will make this amazing, already damn good. Glad to see it is going to continue... Right into 16th century it was full of wars with all of Europe etc etc. :smile:

Will you implement some options to make it more easy to run castles?
Auto-garrissoning etc? Some mods have that function but i don't think 100 Years War has it.
And it's quite handy. Allowing one to focus on matters at hand instead of fetch and carrying troops from castle to castle.
Same with tax raising.

*nods* Things like that would be very useful. It avoids extensive micromanagement and lets one focus on the core business, war.
Especially when your fiefs are very seperated from each other, it's very useful.

When you camp you get to chose that option. So when you go you your main settlements you can tell your men there to do this and that... (also, if you haven't already, make building times shorter?)

The existence of this thread brings me much inner peace and happiness.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[gets down on one knee & presents ring]

Llew2, would you marry me?  :lol:

Game seems to be really balanced to me, I would not mess with the times too much. I don't want a "I win button" I want a challenge.

Interesting idea. I would be interested in helping, mainly with scripting and retexturing items to get a big variety in colors.

Regards,
Kolba

I like HYW, but it would be even cooler to have some more diversity in factions. Looking forward to it.

add burgundy is a good idea , don't forget the burgundy coat of arms
I say it because I'm belgian (and belgium was burgundy :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom