An old game I can't recall the name of

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been trying to recall the name of a game I used to play and enjoy. I'm pretty sure its release was somewhere in 1998, or maybe older. In this game you were playing as a wizard, or two wizards in some cases, and trying to get to a portal or succeed in a mission which would allow you to go to the other level. You had to use your wits and timing to get past certain obstacles. It also allowed you to get stuck in the level forever if you did something wrong, then you had to restart again. Either it was sidescrolling, or it showed the entire level. A platform game with having the possibility of getting your wizards killed in a gruesome way. Can you please help me?

Edit: I might possibly be wrong, I think the menu screen had a castle, and it had the name had two words, one having the possibility of being Castle.

I'm going to say Crystal Castles even though it's not right because wizard bears are awesome.

Thanks for the posts, I'm definitely sure it's not King's Quest. Crystal Castles seem very good even though it's not the game I was looking for. Well, I remember playing the game from a CD of the LEVEL gaming magazine of its Turkish branch. I remember it was in 98' but cannot remember the month.

Oh, I recall something new. The wizard, or wizards had wands that can do certain things. If I recall correctly, the wands were able vanish the obstacle or tile next to the wizard.

Still no. :/

Since I never got to beat the game, I think the main goal was only to pass the levels. Though, there were several obstacle-foes, like vine beasts that can eat the wizard unless you push a rock over it. Besides, I'm pretty sure the game was released to PC in 1998(-5).

Densetsu said:
Man, this one is hard to get.  :smile:

Yeah, I guess it was not considered good or addictive back then, but I happened to like what I saw I guess. :smile:

Reapy said:
Just had random idea...

Nox?

MadVader said:
Magic and Mayhem.

Unfortunately, the game was by no means a strategy, hack n' slash or an rpg game. I guess it can also be called a puzzle game, but not like the generic puzzle games we know. More like, "Hey, here's a level and you can only proceed by doing certain things, like problem-solving type of games" kind of game. Oh, in addition, it was not turn based.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Wizard's Apprentice? http://www.ruffnecks.co.uk/reviews/commercial/wizard/

I guess this game's gameplay is similiar to the game I'm saying, though the graphics were better looking than that. (Not meaning advanced, I dunno actually it might be advanced but nevertheless it was better looking.)

Kleidophoros said:
Zıkkımın peki?
:razz:

Yok zıkkımın kökü de değil.  :lol:

Swordmaster said:
Ringwraith #5 said:
Wizard's Apprentice? http://www.ruffnecks.co.uk/reviews/commercial/wizard/

I guess this game's gameplay is similiar to the game I'm saying, though the graphics were better looking than that. (Not meaning advanced, I dunno actually it might be advanced but nevertheless it was better looking.)
Send a mail to the dev and ask if his game was inspired by another, and he might give you the name of the game you're looking for.

Seems like the best option, unless I find the CD it was in first, or someone that knows posts here.

Edit: Bugger, they don't have an e-mail adress revealed on their site at all.

Alrighty... so I have a challenge for people.

I'm looking for a fairly old game (I want to say late 90s to early 2000s) that was isometric. Your character used both a gun (pretty sure it was only a pistol) and psionics. I want to say the name started with a "S" but I could be wrong.

Played similarly to Diablo, but it was more of an action game than a hack and slash RPG. I do recall health and "psi" were measured in spheres.

There was this one ability in it that it's icon/when it was used showed a winged foot. It allowed for crossing over abysses or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom