(All) Hegemony music: Nick Wylie composer for Hegemony series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmm.

"Rise of the Successor"s opening is beautiful.  Overall it captures the right feeling for an intro: something epic is about to happen. It sounds like a prophecy.

"The Field of Honor" has the assymetric heavy beat and varied percussion needed for this kind of piece, but it feels too much like the song is trying to tell a story.  It has a dawn, a skirmish, a moral-laden briefing, and a frenzy. It would work better for a "dumb" music player like M&B if it was made to loop and to maintain the combat pacing throughout.  As is, this is a piece of music that needs a cue driven dynamic mixer to really work properly. :sad:

The intro is completely appropriate, but for the combat music I can't help but think that it needs a tighter focus and looping.  For now I'm gonna stick to my Mechwarrior 2/Spelforce soundtracks for combat themes. :smile:

It has been decided that few of the remaining songs will be previewed in order to keep a sense of suprise. Nick has been rather active behind the scenes composing for Hegemony, and to keep up with his latest for the mod, make sure and check out his Myspace http://www.myspace.com/nickwylie . There you will find the latest for the mod "The Barbarian Horde" as well as other featured previews and some of his other work.

Nice job Nick. You can almost feel the barb army emerging onto the battlefield ready to be hacked apart by the Mighty Roman Legions.  :smile:
I can't wait to listen to the tracks in game.  Thank you for being such a vital mechanism to making this mod a success.

Hi there. I've just listened to some of your work, and I have to say, it is truly amazing.

I have similar interest here - I'm halfway through my GCSE Music course at school, and have found the composition work very interesting. However, I'm stuck with a very bad midi engine, and the only option I really have is to play my compositions back in Sibelius (the program I use), with the violins all sounding like kazoos etc. This is fine when I'm doing the actual composing (checking to make sure things are harmonising nicely and whatnot), but I hate hearing my compositions played back in class this way. I'd like to ask you, how do you get your music sounding so real if you don't use a full orchestra? Do you use a program like Cubase or something? Or do you just have a better sound card and midi engine than me  :smile:?

Once again, hugely inspiring work. Well done!  :grin:

Inukshuk

Inukshuk said:
Hi there. I've just listened to some of your work, and I have to say, it is truly amazing.

I have similar interest here - I'm halfway through my GCSE Music course at school, and have found the composition work very interesting. However, I'm stuck with a very bad midi engine, and the only option I really have is to play my compositions back in Sibelius (the program I use), with the violins all sounding like kazoos etc. This is fine when I'm doing the actual composing (checking to make sure things are harmonising nicely and whatnot), but I hate hearing my compositions played back in class this way. I'd like to ask you, how do you get your music sounding so real if you don't use a full orchestra? Do you use a program like Cubase or something? Or do you just have a better sound card and midi engine than me  :smile:?

Once again, hugely inspiring work. Well done!  :grin:

Inukshuk

Hey Inukshuk,

Thanks for the comments; I just sent you a PM.  Let me know if you have any questions!

-Nick

Awesome work. These songs really bring out the best in this mod. You are really the best.

P.S I just became a fan of yours  :grin:

Phalanx_15 said:
Awesome music! It really made me relax and it got me pumped up at times.
Great work here  :grin:

Glad you're enjoying it!  If anyone wants to hear my full track list done for the mod, feel free to visit www.nickwylie.com .  I am also on Myspace and Facebook if anyone wants to add me or hear more tracks :smile:

-Nick

Phalanx_15 said:
I think I speak for the community that your music is just....epic. It really sounds like a real orchestra  :smile:

Thanks a bunch :smile:  I had a blast doing it, though sad to say I don't have a PC to play the game along with everyone.  So if anyone has any videos of gameplay with the music on youtube or in another location, do post them!  If it's a good one, I will even post it on my homepage and other sites.

-Nick

Try searching "Hegemony Mod" on YouTube, there are surprisingly a lot of search results for a mod like this, apparently it's loved by the whole Mount&Blade community.  :grin:

wow nice job  :smile:
One of the things that i love in the roman war games and movies its the music that they produce with it.
it gives to the player (or viewer if its a movie) a huge sense of adrenaline.
without a good music with it its definatly not the same thing.
and your work is just fenomenal. i love the work of Bill Brown but yours is also really good.
Thank you so much for composing such good music for this war game.

your good friend
kajotuga

Boomie said:
Try searching "Hegemony Mod" on YouTube, there are surprisingly a lot of search results for a mod like this, apparently it's loved by the whole Mount&Blade community.  :grin:

I'm pretty sure what he means to say is one featuring his music.

ealabor said:
Boomie said:

I'm pretty sure what he means to say is one featuring his music.

Well the video Moff Taka made is good, though some grammar needs tweaking.

When I started playing I thought the music sounded like Europa Barbarorum. Now I know why :lol:
Exellent job as always.

Nick, the music kicks ass. If I get a more-than-personal-testing mod going, I'd love some of your music in the mod. It's an equal or more of the native M&B soundtracks.

HardCode said:
Nick, the music kicks ass. If I get a more-than-personal-testing mod going, I'd love some of your music in the mod. It's an equal or more of the native M&B soundtracks.

If you want to get on his good side, tell him how much of a San Diego Charger fan you are. Just dont bring up how they are doing this year though  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom