SP Tutorial Module System Adding new items to m&b using Wings 3d (now with pictures!)

Users who are viewing this thread

luigi said:
Ok I'm close to giving up .....

My problem resides in the material, it seems it can't refer to the texture I made

I think I made my texture right but when loading my module i get this error :
line 416
*mesh-<material

I used your tutorial Yoshiboy, it's great but I am not sure I understand well the last step using the texture and material editor
In all the "name boxes", do I have to write the name of my dds texture ?
And when I "save as", do I have to use the same name but without the dds extension ?
:???:

I'm not sure i can help you, all i can say is go read over the tut again closely...sorry!

I managed to import the mesh in the game and to toy a bit with it but there is no texture.

I had problems because I just forgot to rename my files in Commonres...

in that tut for uv mapping, he is useing a differant thing of wings than I am and it isnt the same at ALL, please help

try turning on advanced menus: go edit> preferances, click on the advanced tab and there should be a little tickbox for advanced menus, tick that.

Oh I figured that out... and now i need some more help... On the fdirst page, those lionks to the three things we need... yeah they dont work

Jakethief said:
On the fdirst page, those lionks to the three things we need... yeah they dont work
Old links within the forum from before the switch are currently not working; I've sent Armagan some info on a workaround to fix that, and I imagine old links will be functional soon. Just a guess though, I definitely don't know for sure.

well, I have done every thing in the tort. but when I come to the last part, "Step 7 - getting the mesh in game" and I open the editor

it pops up a window that says: Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.
Column 'Name, Type' is constrained to be unique.  Value 'agent_name, 4' is already present.
Column 'Name, Type' is constrained to be unique.  Value 'agent_name, 4' is already present.

Br the jub said:
well, I have done every thing in the tort. but when I come to the last part, "Step 7 - getting the mesh in game" and I open the editor

it pops up a window that says: Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.

are you sure you have the newest version of the editor I think this:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~dstent/mnb/mb_edit-0-750.zip

is it.

Dont worry, your past the hard part :wink:

Br the jub said:
Yes, I have it.

well i dunno then, that error is nothing to do with the mesh you just imported or anything like that, its to do with the mod or the unofficial editor, i cant help you with that.

Back
Top Bottom