AAR: The Saga of Kelrathus

Users who are viewing this thread

phoenixguard09 said:
What about doing it in Claymore?  That would be interesting. :smile:

That would be odd, considering that the player can only play as Mac Tire, and most of their actions will be the same; conquer Royeaux, then Skanes and Niechten, then go down finally to Basilea, then the only difference now between play-throughs is the choice of whether to make peace with the Maghrawides or not.

19 days into Floris. Got enough story-worthy chapters. Will write soon.

Chapter 1: Fjords of Sargoth

27 March 1257

I have been in this foreign land for five days. Upon arriving, I met a cousin of mine who let me stay in his tavern. That was the best sleep I had in ages. When dawn broke, I was eager to explore my surroundings. Sargoth reminded me alot of Balion, my beloved homeland. But I knew I could never go back.

Lost in my thoughts, I was surprised when I met a man, dressed in fur, appeared in front of me. He demanded my money or else he would slaughter me and leave my remains for the dogs. Despite his silly looking hat, I knew he was serious as he unsheathed his sword, glinting as it reflected the rising sun. I took out my crossbow, fumbling to shoot him. It missed. I reloaded and finally managed to hit him on his torso, yet he was still standing, and was about to hack my shoulder-blade of with his falchion. On instinct, I kicked him square in the guts, then slashed his neck. He fell down, twitched around, then lay unmoving as blood gushed out his open wound.

Out from the corner, a man rushed out and asked if I was okay, then brought me to his home where he explained the current state of the realm. Introducing himself as a merchant by the name of Sumarlidr Gould, he told me that bandits have been infesting the area and they took his brother. He needed my help in retrieving him, offering me gold. The first step was to recruit villagers.

mb20ad.jpg

Sumarlidr needs me to rescue his brother.

I rode to the nearest village, Fenada, and asked the village elder if he knew anyone who would be interested to join my party. He led me to two slaves, called Bondi in their native tongue, who didn't even know the pointy end of the sword to the other. But I suppose they have to do. I couldn't be petty in this new land. I then rode to other nearby villages, even one in the Vaegir tundra to the east, and then went back to Sargoth to receive my next mission.

On the way, I bumped into a noble of the land called Jarl Reamald, who told me that a fugitive by the name of Ramar of Jelkala had been hiding in a village called Ambean, and he needed my help to dispose of him as he was quite busy at the time. Wanting to earn more money, I accepted the offer.

mb22fq.jpg

Jarl Reamald needs my help to hunt down a fugitive who killed his men.

Riding into Sargoth, I went back to the tavern, where Sumarlidr told me that there were a group of looters outside the town, and he needed me to extract the truth from them on where his brother was, by all means necessary. And that implied bloodshed, so I went there with a smile on my face, knowing that it would soon be covered entirely by the blood of the looters.

I also found three men who wanted to join my party. Jeremus was a surgeon who was declared a sorceror by his previous patient's parents after their son died when they did not heed Jeremus' advice. I need a doctor if I were to stay alive in this strange land. Marnid was a trader who was ambushed by some Khergit raiders and has lost all his trading goods and money. I could use his trading skills to earn more money. Firentis was a noble of Swadia, where, in his drunken rage, he fought his brother over a temptress and slew him, an act which had shook his foundations forever.

mb24k.jpg

Firentis tells me to "lead him away from darkness".

Upon reaching the outskirts of Sargoth, I happened to notice a group of men clad in the same fur and silly hat as the one that had ambushed me a few days before when I arrived in Calradia. Upon confronting them, I immediately charged them and slaughtered them one by one, leaving one lucky survivor to spill his guts upon some "motivation". He tells me that the hideout is located near the village of Ambean, the same village where Ramar was hiding. Coincidence? I think not. As soon as he finished, but I took my Berserkr sword, which I had bought a day ago, and impaled it into his abdomen, blood spilling out of his mouth. We left him there for the crows.

mb28.jpg

The robber seconds before his death.

Riding into the village of Ambean with Marnid, I spotted a suspicious villager hiding behind a house, sword strapped to his side. Before I could even ask him, he tried to deny his crime, only to backfire. Realizing the hopelessness of the situation, he immediately drew his sword and hacked at my horse. While I fell down, Marnid drew his sword and began slashing ever so pathetically at Ramar. I'll have to train him soon. As I unsheathed my sword, it reflected the afternoon sun, blinding Ramar for a second. And a second was all it took. Immediately, I brought my sword to a glorious arc that sliced his head clean off. Marnid felt queasy as I took the head and impaled it onto a pike to be presented to Jarl Reamald.

mb32j.jpg

I fight Ramar of Jelkala with Marnid in the village of Ambean.

I could feel that the bandits had been weakened. I then went to the cove facing the river Boluk, where I camped with my party on the hills surrounding it. Finding the opportune moment, I lead my party as we charged at the bandits like a pack of hungry wolves. Blood covered my eyes as I disemboweled my enemies. Behind me, Firentis hacked one's hand off and sent it flying before slashing his torso. Marnid brought his sword down and cleaved one's skull into two.

By the time we were done, corpses covered the ground all around us. Blood had painted our bodies red. Out of the corner, a man I identified as the merchant's brother limped towards us, body covered in cuts and bruises. He thanked us for rescuing him and we brought him out of the hideout ever so slowly.

mb34c.jpg

We rescue the merchant's brother

waxseal.png

Signed, Kelrathus of House Hrafn

Gameplay notes
I made the following choices creating the character of Kelrathus:
His father was: An impoverished noble
In his early life he was: A page at a nobleman's court
As a young adult he became: A squire
He left because of: Revenge

Starting skills:
mb21l.jpg

Skills at the end of the chapter:
mb36.jpg

Party at the end of the chapter:
mb37g.jpg

Chapter 2: New Beginnings

30 March 1257

After dealing with those pesky bandits, I hurried to Jarl Reamald to tell him of the deed. He paid me 300 denars, to which I accepted as I needed the money to pay off some of my debts. Returning to the tavern of Sargoth, Sumarlidr told me that he had found the traitor, the captain of the guard. He said he had gathered a few townspeople for the assault and bring him to justice.

mb38.jpg

Jarl Reamald thanks me for my services and pays me 300 denars.

We marched out of the tavern to find the nervous, even scared, townspeople, ready to risk their lives. Then Sumarlidr shouted a warcry, and things became... chaotic, to say the least. One by one, the townspeople fell, and the bandits were still standing. Letting out a wild warcry of my own, the bloodchilling warcry of the House of Hrafn that made veteran soldiers, almost alien to fear, run to the hills with their tails between their legs. And indeed the bandits were scared. I cut them all down like wheat to a scythe while they were still stunned, frightened by the warcry. Five fell down before the bandits remembered themselves, and fled, yet the guards shot them down with their expert longbowmen. None were left behind. We then stormed the captian's house, where Sumarlidr and the townspeople dragged him into the court of Konungr Ragnar, yet I stayed behind.

mb41.jpg

Shouting my warcry, I charge into battle.

However, when I met Sumarlidr in his house again, he told me that Konungr Ragnar had told him to leave the town within three days, as he was ashamed that such crimes could ocur right under his nose without him knowing. He sounds like a fool, and indeed, he even looks like one, with his crown covering his eyes. Rulers like that are unworthy of their title, but I will soon see to it that it never happens again. One day.

mb45.jpg

Konungr Ragnar looks so silly with his crown covering his eyes like a fool.

Konungr Ragnar tasked me with the delivering of an important message to Jarl-consensio Turya in Alburq Castle. There, he told me to help him collect taxes from the village of Kulum. That lazy donkey should collect it himself, rather than task an unknown stranger like me. Still, if he insists, I'll collect it for him, but he won't see the money for a long time. Forever, even.

mb48h.jpg

Jarl-consensio Turya tells me to help him collect some taxes at the village of Kulum.

Back in Sargoth, the Guild Master has told me to drive a herd of cattle to Halmar, a distant city in the lands of the Khergit Khergits. It was a really challenging task, as they tended to wander about, but the pay was what kept me going. Finally, however, the herd wandered off and disappeared in the plains of Swadia, never to be seen again. I simply kept going, as I decided that since I was nearby, I could ride to Tulga and trade my goods there for some good gold.

mb50m.jpg

I tried driving the herd of cattle to the city of Halmar, but I failed.

Arriving in Tulga, I first decided to rest in a tavern. Marnid went out and walked around in the streets for Heavens know what. It was a couple of hours before he came back, bursting throught the door, and grinning cheek to cheek. He told me of how I could make a huge profit if I bought salt here and sold it in Rivacheg. Gathering my goods, I sold them in the markets in exchange for five sacks of salt. And then we were off, riding into the frozen wastelands of the Vaegirs. And so my trading empire began.

mb52i.jpg

Marnid told me of how I could make a huge profit in Rivacheg.

waxseal.png

Signed, Kelrathus of House Hrafn

Gameplay Notes
mb53.jpg

Kel’s current stats.

mb54t.jpg

Kel’s inverntory and money..

mb55n.jpg

Kel’s party.

Back
Top Bottom