SP Fantasy A song of ice and fire for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Commander Snow said:
Blargonaut said:
Didn't read all 9001 pages of this thread so my apologies if this has been addressed but will the bloody mummers be present? If I could defeat them and
save Jaime's hand and thus his self esteem
that would be fun. The single combat challenges that they're always talking about in the books would be a cool feature as well.

Also, sea battles? Please? Otherwise I don't see the point of including good ol' Davos at all.
How do you propose they begin on sea battles? It's not possible.

Brytenwalda, to name one, has small-scale ship battles. I guess battles between huge fleets couldn't really be done in the game engine but M&B couldn't really handle anything on the same scale as in the books, on land or on sea.

Naval combat has been complete rubbish in every mod I've played (at least where the ships move).

I'd say just go for the "combat on stationary ships" solution and it's all groovy.

The naval combat system leaves a lot to be desired. As a standalone Mod it works pretty damn efficiently aside from some bugs but would only really favour the Iron Born. I'm not sure it would fit too well with ASoIaF due to the sheer scale of naval combat. At least with the land battles we can do the skirmishing and flanking actions that are common in the book as I'm sure the Warband engine isn't going to handle upwards of a 100'000 men fighting on the screen at once.  :razz:

I think the most important thing to keep in mind when we implement sea combat is that ships would actually have to be built over long periods of time.

brytenwalda also has a model height feature, it would fit perfectly in asoiaf. gregor clegane and greatjon would be large, tyrion, bran and arya would be small (if they appear in the mod at all). they also have a fat model (i've been told it's actually an item to be worn like an armor) that would be great for sam tarly and the manderlies

edit: btw, i thought the tarly family sword was called dawn?

brzi said:
Dawn is the greatsword of the Daynes.The carrier of it is called "Sword of the Morning",based on the star with the same name,which is the star of house Dayne.
House Tarly has a greatsword called Heartsbane.It's scabbard is full of jewels,and,on the book,it is used by Randyll Tarly.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
brzi said:
Dawn is the greatsword of the Daynes.The carrier of it is called "Sword of the Morning",based on the star with the same name,which is the star of house Dayne.
House Tarly has a greatsword called Heartsbane.It's scabbard is full of jewels,and,on the book,it is used by Randyll Tarly.
"Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, had a sad smile on
his lips. The hilt of the greatsword Dawn poked up over his right shoulder."

my bad

At some point in a mod thread, when the same exact question(also the most annoying question) is asked over and over and over and OVER again, being a **** is required.

Many of the Lords and Knights are done and only need equipment tweaking.

Here's one of the Northern Lords, Roose Bolton Lord of the Dreadfort:

mb3.jpg

Ser Lyle Crakehall, The Strongboar (disregard the banner, its just a bug):

mb4.jpg

And finally the Famous (or Infamous) Lord Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport and Warden of the West:

mb5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom