A letter to the community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing as always, Thundersnow.  :smile:

But I think the point has been made, many more times than it should have. I'm still reeling in shock from the indescribably disrespectful responses but this isnt the place to discuss that. Declore, you should lock this thread, as this'll just attract more unhelpful and critical responses.

I still respect you for your attempt. Try something smaller before you do something like this. And as ridiculous as this sounds, get better known to the NW community, as that's apparantly the only way these...people will listen to a suggestion.

Before I'll say anything, I should say I have only read the OP and no other content of this thread.

You cannot change this community, everyone wishing to buy this game is allowed to unless they exceed the age limit this game is given. What you can do is change the community you are participating it. It is your full own responsibility to accept and decline people to join your surroundings.

If a regiment owner does not wish to take time checking the background of the person in question joining the regiment and lets his other members be effected by his behavior, It is not only the fault of the troll but the fault of the regiment owner and the regiment members who joined a regiment most likely not appropriate to them.

I personally recruit anyone who has just or recently bought the game and is around our age group since they most likely have a fresh start. All I can do is take a look if their names show in the Taleworlds Forum search function but this is usually not the case. They first join events as an invite before they get accepted as a recruit so I can see how they behave. If someone is longer in the community I will do research on what regiments he participated in before and see the background of those regiments or question the leaders about these particilar members. I will also search their name on the forums. If they've ever had any sort of ban or ban request I will never accept them into my regiment.

Whenever I say I only accept people of our age group (about 17/18 to into the end 20's) and tell them I only accept people with a clean past they usually start raging saying everyone deserves a chance no matter what age or past. You should know though that I do not only do this for the reason that they might be trolls but young teenagers are simply having different interests not comparable with older teenagers and young adults. And for the clean past thing... If you can't take the time to read the rules for the two minutes that it takes, you are not welcome in my regiment.

I prefer to let people come to me instead of me grasping for them. If they show interest theirself I will most gladly accept them. The only exception on this the past.. 3 months or so is Scorpia who I personally like myself and sent a private message with an invitation to my regiment.

At the end I will tell them every bad and good side of my regiment. I do not want complaining people and I do not want people leaving after two weeks.

If it is to long to read; If I see that you have ever been banned or reported before, check your age and regiment participation history, forum presence and tell you how my regiment is. If any of the factors are not good to either you or me, you're out.

Lone Enigma said:
Thundersnow said:
SeepingHole.jpg

I have to admit, that made me laugh.

Of course he has to appear. I KNEW IT.

McEwanMaster77 said:
Amazing as always, Thundersnow.  :smile:

But I think the point has been made, many more times than it should have. I'm still reeling in shock from the indescribably disrespectful responses but this isnt the place to discuss that. Declore, you should lock this thread, as this'll just attract more unhelpful and critical responses.

I still respect you for your attempt. Try something smaller before you do something like this. And as ridiculous as this sounds, get better known to the NW community, as that's apparantly the only way these...people will listen to a suggestion.

You seem to think everyone is disrespectful if they seem to hold the opposite opinion? Thats about as bad as the OP in the first place.

My response which I sumed up TL:grin:R is actually pretty valid, the attempts to forcefuly change regiments or attempt to force people to act a certain way is not something intuitive to an active insightful community. Which would be infact the opitamy of Fasicism (Although fasicism is not inherently good or bad, considering good and bad are complete opinions).

I think really everything is already in place to stop trolling and such as much as possible on servers, out of servers it is up to yourself who you hang around with (As Hekko stated in a more formal way) and what you do with your free time.

Never group people together, everyone is an indervidual with their own thoughts and ideas and can act upon when and however they wish.

BrC Crusader said:
Fixed your grammer mistakes.

Plus i lol'ed

You spent so much time on something that will have no effect on anything, trolls are trolls, regiments are desperate for members etc etc

Good read, but it doesn't flow, it's more stagnant and staged rather than a flowing rhetoric, you need to inspire people not inspire trolls

Not that your mistakes are any better. :3

Windbusche said:
bdd458 said:
Take a deep breath.

It's a game, and on the internet.

Take another deep breath.

Feel better now?
Was that really necessary?

Care to be constructive, you know, at all?

How can I be constructive who wants to come in, and try to literally eliminate the "people" aspect. Why do I say that? Because where there are good people, there are idiots and trolls. It's only natural. So in order to effectively "kill" trolls and troll regiments is to kill the rest of the community.

Karth said:
Yea. Might want to be more constructive. To some people its more than just a "game".  For some its professional mature gaming.
I've been in one regiment, for my entire regimental career. That's more mature than many I know of. I attend most of our regiment's linebattles. I respect other members, but I also realize at the end of the day I play to have fun, and I ignore the more trollish folk. Because it is just a game.

Well. There goes my hope in humanity.

All thanks to the 8th. What a shocker.

And he's just trying to help, you realize. And not everyone in the community is a troll either.

So either A) I don't get what you're trying to say, or B) You're spewing tons of crap on this thread.

I think I know which one I believe.  :roll:

DelcoreXD said:
With all respect to the community, I'm giving this thread one last day before I lock it because I now I feel like I have failed the community.

No one seems to realize that entire reason that I made this thread was to help the community and not come as a fascist dictator. When I made this post, it was because I've been playing NW for so long that I felt like we could try and execute the trolls from our enviornment so everyone could get a better gaming experience but now, I feel all is lost.

Most of the people here didn't agree with me and all I wrote feels as if it were in vain. I really wish I could of done better to help the community I so dearly love.

Signed,               

Delcore
You didn't fail the community. The commumity failed you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom