A Conventional War Between the USA and China

Users who are viewing this thread

Argeus the Paladin said:
Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
But my Hentai! D:  :cry:

*sets TDM on fire.*

1276373644.jpg

While I love the mental image of the household maid running wild through their employer's houses, and starting insurgencies throughout the region, most overseas workers in China would probably be deported back here before tensions reached the breaking point.  :lol:

If China did invade the Philippines though, what steps could the military take to resist their forces? As far as I know, the Philippine Armed Forces are under-equipped, and mostly trained for counter-insurgency operations.

The way I see it, we'd probably have to surrender peacefully to minimize the damage and wait for the US to bail us out...again.

Well, yeah. There's that.

It would be a bit awkward to say the least since we kicked them out of their military bases here years ago and now have to come crawling back to them for help.  :oops:

Syllabus said:
Well, yeah. There's that.

It would be a bit awkward to say the least since we kicked them out of their military bases here years ago and now have to come crawling back to them for help.  :oops:
They would enter any war to protect their interest, not because they love you or hate you or because you need help, by "they" I mean both sides.

I guess that if it came to the full scale conflict that China would suffer much more losses in all aspects than the US, on the other side that's far from losing the war. I pretty much agree with all that Jhessail posted except for the South Korean part, because I think that they would be overrun in a week or so with strong support of Chinese airforce. The US wouldn't risk approaching with the navy too close to their shore because of Chinese so called "carrier killer" ballistic missiles which are considered very advanced.
To be honest, allies in this war could use only for some logistic, like helping in deploying ammo supplies and other stuff. NATO without the US is pretty much ridiculous bunch, while the US is perfectly capable of fighting its own war as well as China.

Plenty of US aircraft in those bases already, and they could always fly more over from Stateside. If the carriers can't get close enough to support sorties, then just rebase the carrier aircraft to the land bases.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Why would South Korea be involved at all?  If we're talking about airbases, then Japan would be involved too.
I assume because of perfect strategic position, if the US put some anti-aircraft/anti-missile batteries there China would be in a huge problem at the very beginning of the war.

I'm fairly certain I've read somewhere ****ing everywhere that if these countries do indeed go to war, both of their economies are going into the ****ter faster than cheap Chinese buffet food. It would take a ballsy as hell move by someone for this to happen.

But yea, US Navy could likely force China right up to their own borders, and nothing good could come from there. And what Jhessail said.

I would say China would have a leg up in production during the war, seeing as they have a long history of enslaving their own people.

Come to think of it, china is much more fascist, than communist, little difference between the tow, but meh...

Legolan said:
I would say China would have a leg up in production during the war, seeing as they have a long history of enslaving their own people.

Come to think of it, china is much more fascist, than communist, little difference between the tow, but meh...

:neutral:

Please, no. Just don't. Please.

Legolan said:

Hoo boy...

I'll just grab the popcorn and observe from here.

Workaholic said:
I pretty much agree with all that Jhessail posted except for the South Korean part, because I think that they would be overrun in a week or so with strong support of Chinese airforce. The US wouldn't risk approaching with the navy too close to their shore because of Chinese so called "carrier killer" ballistic missiles which are considered very advanced.
Only way for the overrun to happen is the PRC and DPRK plan it well before hand, move Chinese support assets into DPRK, prepare enough strike regiments in air fields near ROK and manage to do all this without either ROK or USA finding out. Preparing for a massive invasion takes time and plenty of logistic efforts and isn't something that could be hidden easily. Furthermore, the DMZ between ROK and DPRK is the most mined and fortified area in the world and again, the ROK army of 2012 is a completely different beast from what it was in 1950. While the capabilities of ROK have increased, the capabilities of DPRK have stagnated. While it's certain that they have stockpiled fuel, food and ammunition for their large army, that army's equipment is more and more outdated and it relies on obsolete Soviet doctrine (probably implemented as badly as the Arabs do it due to cultural issues). There is very little chance of a surprise blitzkrieg through the DMZ and running rampant then.

And the more PRC helps DPRK, the likelier it becomes that either ROK or USA spot the invasion preparations. Plus, thanks to aerial refueling, USAF can bring its fighter wings from Stateside to Japan and ROK in few hours instead of the days and weeks it used to take. DPRK couldn't pull it off in 1950 when everything was going their way - why would they be able to do it now? Unless you argue that they would go full bonkers and open up with chemical and atomic weapons.

As for the ballistic "carrier killer" missiles, I hope you aren't relying entirely on the "WarNerd". That guy's ramblings aren't worth the HTML code they've written in. Why they aren't a miracle silver bullet that obsoleted carriers is that you still need real time targeting information - and satellites are sitting ducks, plus we've already covered that PLAN would lose all of its subs very quickly. You can't just program a ballistic missile to search for carriers over something as large as the Yellow Sea (not to mention the whole western edge of Pacific) and you can't expect to throw the coordinates to the missile later either. Furthermore, anti-missile systems have been developed and some of them are quite promising when it comes to intercepting ballistic missiles, though they definitely aren't 100% yet.

One party state, privately owned land/means of production, but with full government control, sounds almost like a fascist state...

Jhessail said:
Workaholic said:
I pretty much agree with all that Jhessail posted except for the South Korean part, because I think that they would be overrun in a week or so with strong support of Chinese airforce. The US wouldn't risk approaching with the navy too close to their shore because of Chinese so called "carrier killer" ballistic missiles which are considered very advanced.
Only way for the overrun to happen is the PRC and DPRK plan it well before hand, move Chinese support assets into DPRK, prepare enough strike regiments in air fields near ROK and manage to do all this without either ROK or USA finding out. Preparing for a massive invasion takes time and plenty of logistic efforts and isn't something that could be hidden easily. Furthermore, the DMZ between ROK and DPRK is the most mined and fortified area in the world and again, the ROK army of 2012 is a completely different beast from what it was in 1950. While the capabilities of ROK have increased, the capabilities of DPRK have stagnated. While it's certain that they have stockpiled fuel, food and ammunition for their large army, that army's equipment is more and more outdated and it relies on obsolete Soviet doctrine (probably implemented as badly as the Arabs do it due to cultural issues). There is very little chance of a surprise blitzkrieg through the DMZ and running rampant then.
They could launch an air offensive from any point in China. Yellow Sea is too small for any navy to operate there, half of the ROK territory would be wiped out by air strikes before any ground invasion, I doubt any mine field could save them. I wouldn't underestimate Chinese army that much, they certainly wouldn't sit in Beijing, scratching their heads and trying to figure out what to do next.
Legolan said:
One party state, privately owned land/means of production, but with full government control, sounds almost like a fascist state...
More than half of your major companies like Apple operate in a fascist state?

Workaholic said:
They could launch an air offensive from any point in China. Yellow Sea is too small for any navy to operate there, half of the ROK territory would be wiped out by air strikes before any ground invasion, I doubt any mine field could save them. I wouldn't underestimate Chinese army that much, they certainly wouldn't sit in Beijing, scratching their heads and trying to figure out what to do next.

Ummm, if we can operate in the Persian Gulf, we can certainly operate in the Yellow Sea.  :???:

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Workaholic said:

Ummm, if we can operate in the Persian Gulf, we can certainly operate in the Yellow Sea.  :???:
Certainly you can, but in peaceful times, not with pressure of thousand of enemy aircrafts and whatnot. That's what I meant, I know that your ship captain can drive his ship and maneuver with it.

Workaholic said:
Jhessail said:
Workaholic said:
Legolan said:
More than half of your major companies like Apple operate in a fascist state?

No, that would be corporatism, where both government and corporations work together, mutual masterbation.

Legolan said:
You just cant wait to start a flame war, can you?

Workaholic said:
Jhessail said:
Workaholic said:
China and NK might be able to take over SK with relative ease, but thats not really relevant if they cant keep it. Once the States gets their military mobilized, and starts the enourmous bombarding of all centers civilian, military and industrial, its only a matter of time until China and NK have to admit defeat. Hell, the States propably wouldnt even need to enter the Yellow Sea, just keep the Chinese there and dont let anyone in or out.

Back
Top Bottom