3 problems. Enterprise/Auto-Sell/Tournament Glitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Arbrickell

Recruit
Good evening everyone. I'm Andrew. I'm very quiet on the forum but I've logged over 400 hours on Floris. It is my favorite game in and out. I have tried using the Search here at Taleworlds and on the Wiki. I haven't been able to pin if it is a Warband issue or Floris issue. Be it that the problems are Floris oriented I've posted on this forum.

I'm on around day 150 for this character. I have 9 enterprises that have seized to give me any profit. I went to visit my Brewery to see if there is anything amiss (like 'omg our breweries are on fire!') But unfortunately the brewmaster is glitched out. His name displays as "{!} Town 18 Craftsman" and upon inquiring about our accounts, he states, "We currently produce Ale worth 0 denars each week while the quantity of INVALID ITEM needed to manufacture it costs 0, and labor and upkeep are 0"

I'm also getting a whole lot of "INVALID ITEM" readings when launched into a round of a Tournament. Perhaps these two problems are related.

Which is most likely related to my 3rd problem which is Auto-selling for my companions. They were making me thousands of denars every other time I autosell, recently it's been stating "Odval has sold 42 items giving you 42" denars. That can't possibly be true considering the loot I've been gathering is not off of mere looters, but stronger opponents.

If these problems have been posted I apologize for wasting your time. Thank you for listening and for any suggestions.

Most of those appear to be save game glitches.  Have you been editing or adding in items by chance?  "INVALID ITEM" is actually item ID# 0.  So that's fairly common if the ID that should be saved is lost.  In the event of the enterprises it seems a party slot (the one that stores the ID of the manufactured item) was erased or replaced with a 0.

The tournament issue is similar, but I think you may be able to fix that by entering the tournament design panel for each town and re-picking which weapons to use (like tournament sword vs. axe etc).  Do that on even the items that only have one choice.  The reason is that it seems these slots were overwritten somehow.  So instead of the tournament system loading the "tournament greatsword" it is trying to load ID#0 which is invalid.

Some things that could help in proving if it is a save game issue or a mod issue:
1) Try a new save game and see if these problems persist.
2) Host a copy of your save game on fileplanet, rapidshare or something similar so I can use it for testing.  If you didn't mod anything in the game then there is something overwriting files that shouldn't.
3) Do you know about when this started happening?  I know you're on day 150, but did any important event in your game change when this started?  Such as becoming a king, vassal, etc?  This might help track down the source.
4) If you reselect weapons for the tournament design panel...does that fix the problem for tournaments?  If it does then see if the problem reappears and about how long it took.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  I've seen a number of bugs reported for 2.54 that indicate save game breaks which is usually due to tampering with the mod by adding items or altering things.  I'm not discouraging that, but it is often the cause.  But if the same save game break is occurring for a number of people then we have a game-breaking bug to track down.

No sir, no tampering. I wouldn't know how to tamper in the first place. No adding or removing of mods. No conflicting mods either. I run straight up Floris Expanded. I started a new game. The only difference between that save and my other saves is that I have always chose expanded troops. Which that probably has nothing to do with. I really appreciate you looking into this. I deleted the save so unfortunately I won't be able to place it on fileplanet. If it happens again I surely will. Thank you very much for checking into this Windyplains. Its refreshing to be a part of a friendly forum.

Back
Top Bottom