1860s - SAY or ASK WHATEVER U WANT !! (....in a KIND way...)

Users who are viewing this thread

This is my first post ever on taleworlds so I realy hope i dont do anything wrong.
Gabrilduro! you are my favorite warband modder and it was an early version of old frontier that made me buy the game.
I have been following your mods for maby 2 years and i think its time for me to register and say what i think.

The biggest problem with your mods is the same as most other mods, there is to much World map gameplay.
I think most players cant se the good parts of the game becuse of things like the Classic fast travel system
in Towns and villages. if you can remove the options to go to the market, salon and guvenors mansion and make
the players spawn in the outskirts of the Towns and travel thrugh the scenes a little more  and if you make things
happen like people sometimes attack you like the drunks in taverns and robbers and lawmen try to kill you for
diffrent reasons.

What i mean is that the gameplay shuld be moved more to the awsome scenes and players not just pres tab  all the time.
If you can try to fix one Town or maby all starting Towns so there is more area to area travel and quests and action within
the scenes and without the worldmap i know the gameplay will greatly improve.

You have already done so much Amazing work with scenes weapons and outfits so i think its time to try and change the
way the game are played. Try to make more use of what you already have in some way.

Im not so good at express my thougts in Words but i hope you know what i mean. 

Well thats realy sad that everyone seems to be in a hurry. I Think that many scenes will not even be seen by most players  :cry:.
I Think this system allows players to just jump thrugh the game and becuse we have instinkts to take shortcuts in real Life we also do so in the games but Noone who have time to play computer games can realy be in a hurry right?  :smile: .  Gameplay is already good but it focus to much around the worldmap. I have played 1866 and it have some of the stuff i talk about. Still 1860 is better becuse of many reasons and i Think it have potential to be twise as good if it being played in a diffrent way. at least in 1 or a few cities or other scenes.

Thx v m for ur nice comment and for ur kind requests. It is so nice to have players that respect the work done and I like when people express their taste in apreciating or disliking things, more or less  :wink:

I also like the things that U said, really...and is true that most ppl do not even see so much because they are in a hurry always and use all kind of shortcuts and even tons of CHEATS! ...  :cry:
All that KILLS the game, U are right...but atm my Mods are a good compromise I think...U can still play "slow" and apreciate the Far away spawn point that I made and often u have to ride for a long way to get to the center of the Center...
But, bekieve me or not, JOE is right: I got tons of ppl asking to add CHEATS and to add MORE Shortcuts!  :shock:
I refused always to add "Talk to Town/Village Elder" option in the Center Menu, for example...but ppl would hate me too much if I d remove some more Otions in Fast Menus, see?

It was very nice to have u FINALLY posting on my Threads, Mate....even if after 2 long years....shame on U!  .....heheh...  :twisted:
Gab
PS...heh...maybe, I said MAYBE...I will please ur request in another way...but not soon...I m too busy atm...  :wink:

Maby its as much as 3 years, i remember that old frontier was the only musket mod back then i Think. I culd not write so good in English
back then eighter. Honestly you are one of my English teachers Gab. :smile:
I know that you already created a ot of fetures like  the beloved pirate styled seafights and Dangerus animals hunting and yes the gameplay of all 3 mods is already great. But i do hope that maby you can experiment a Little with just one Town or so if its possible.

Ps old frontier with its scenes, musik, weapons, clothes, indians and so on semed to leave some kind of burnmark somewere in my brain
so i still like it so much more than any other warband mod out there today. I also have high hopes that you will continue the development of 1776. I love that one to.

Greetings, and congratulations for this mod. This mod is really fun, I enjoy playing custom battles with his new scenes (even single player is cool): I find the scenes very big and accurate and adds another point for the mod; in other words the world is near to perfect in my opinion.

Batong 92 & UltimateCommander97Thx for ur nice comments and affection.
Really apreciated, really.
Naaah...not really close to perfection yet, believe me...and I do not even look for such a high goal, see? hehehe...
But I really glad that u enjoy things that I made in it!  :mrgreen:
Gab
PS last 0.99 M is available with most bad issues fixed, now.  :wink:

GABRILDURO said:
Batong 92 & UltimateCommander97Thx for ur nice comments and affection.
Really apreciated, really.
Naaah...not really close to perfection yet, believe me...and I do not even look for such a high goal, see? hehehe...
But I really glad that u enjoy things that I made in it!  :mrgreen:
Gab
PS last 0.99 M is available with most bad issues fixed, now.  :wink:

Nice, gonna download it :grin:

Not sure if it's been answere elsewhere but figured itw as worth asking here: is there any way to expand the camera range in Mexico and the far western US?  I'm finding that playing in those regions is very difficult, to say the least, on account of the camera not letting me get a good angle on those sections.  I can control my army out there, but for whatever reason, the static camera border is significantly to the east of the westernmost areas of the map.  Any plans on fixing that up in the next version (that is, after .99m), or is there already an existing workaround for this issue?

Workaholic said:
I wonder if the fastest shooters of the Old West were near as fast as this guy?
Good...wow- now watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7HN7THecwg
HEHEHE....

But hey...they are all made with modified guns, and all refering to models older than 1873 Colt and similar...
Naah, dear Wrc...in the old 1860s NOT for sure...
Most revolvers were still not using metallic cartridges and U needed to be VERY careful on how to DRAW, AIM and...SHOOT:
Only after 1880s quick was as much important as precise...but never MORE important.
I used to hate ITALIAN westerns cuz they showed a fake west and fake drawing/shooting habits, see?

I m trying to keep things ordered and "in sight", and I "cleaned up" a lot of crap and old stuff.
So now pls, to all my Supporters: try to help me keeping the EXISTING TOPICS UPDATED.

No more NEW Topics, if there is an existing one already!  :wink:

I think 99% of the subjects have already their own Topic.
Pls use it.

Here is a great list of SUGGESTIONS for ppl visiting a Thread/Forum, made by
Grand Master LUMOS
(hats down, Folks!!  :shock: )

- Firstly, grammar and attitude. Remember these two words, for they are very important. Write properly, be polite to others, and your chances of getting help will increase exponentially. Put spaces after punctuation marks, remember that "u" and "y" and other crap are not words but letters, and no "halp plox". Treat others as your equals, in the way that you want to be treated.
Members with experience (that even spare time to answer your questions) should be treated with all the respect you (should) treat your mentors with.

-Don't be afraid to ask your questions and to use the word "please".

- Stickied topics are your friend. Stickied topics are threads on the forum which always stay on the top, and do that because they are important. Reading them is always a good idea.

- Read the forum rules. They aren't a lot, and are put quite shortly and understandably. Also remember to read the box that appears when you make a new topic. Read it at least once, it won't hurt you.

- If you have a small question, do not make a topic about it. Post your question in the stickied Q&A thread instead.

- Use the forum search and/or Google search on the forum to find things you need.

--Locked--
[/spoiler]

As i am new in here, i want to introduce myself to GAB and rest of modding team.. so.. HELLO LADS! (yep.. that's all.. :shock:)

First of all, i want to thank you for all your work, and time you spend clicking, changing and modding!

All 3 of your mods are just amezing!  :grin: They are mostly historical accurate, funny, and they keeps me playing M&B:Warband for hours. I think there is no such playable mod as 1755 Old Frontier, where you can play as a native and set up an ambush for "White Gloves Regiments" as i used to call British Royal Army. Or 1860's when you pretend to be Winnetou riding on his mighty mustang side by side with Old Shatterhand to help people find their justice. Or when you have to think twice before your choose blue or grey side in Civil War! :smile:

and..

I have one little question: WHY THERE IS ONLY FEW LEVER-ACTION WEAPONS? Where are carabines such as Winchester 73 or Winchester 1866? And one more suggestion: Revolvers are too powerful and too accurate in comparison to newer types of long weapons. That's all..

I appreciate what you did for me and whole M&B community!  :grin:

Thanks for the kind words!

To answer your questions: THE TIME PERIOD SEEMS TO BE TOO EARLY FOR THE WIDE-SPREAD USE OF LEVER-ACTION WEAPONS. The mod emphasizes on the 'old west' of the Civil War period, with Volcanic guns and traditional firearms like the Colts.
And the distances in the battlefields are too small for a really big difference in ranges for long guns and pistols. Moreover, the pistols will do far less damage to targets far away than carbines or rifles.

Thank you Joe for clearing that out! By the way.. You are the same Captured Joe i met in tavern of New York some time ago?! What a nice striped outfit! :grin:

Joking aside - Do you plan to make a fourth mod about another period of America's history? Or maybe about other part of the world?

Yes of course!  :mrgreen:
....all my Best Friends or Best Helpers/Supporters are in my mod.
It is the highest credit and reward that I give to a person that showed so much dedication, see?

Some are not around anymore or decided to leave me, but still they are in the mod, somewhere.

And about Repeating rifles, they are on sale, but not so often,
Find special Merchants to get them...read the Guideline....as as someone will help me to update it, it will be even more useful.
Some troops and Outlaws have them, anyway

Thx for officially Supporting, I ll be gone for some days
Ciao
Gab

Thanks for a great Mod, having fun so far. I do have a question though:

Does Power Draw and shoot increase dmg with Firearms past lvl 4? I ask because of the text that says it only works up to powerdraw requirement of the weapon+4...and the firearms don't have any Power draw requirements listed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

It is very confusing and was my fault actually ....

I RE.named CROSSBOWS as Firearms
.... and        FIREARMS    as Cannons and Modif. Guns

So yes, cb3535 U were right, cuz U looked at the text that I fixed on purpose, for ppl to read and understand, and that appears when the cursor goes on the different skills.

Gab

PS ...I will be gone for some days so I will have some best friends to take care of Topics and on Moddb.
Please READ all things that I wrote all over and about so many matters....most of the times U ll get the answer just reading things.  :wink:

HI, a great mod ,but you have a extra or other mod download link to the newest version
the moddb it dont work for me :sad:((((
Sorry for my rusty eng

Back
Top Bottom