15e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne [EU] [Active]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xephaeston

Sergeant Knight at Arms
312wpon.jpg

The 15e in-Game
We are a new EU based line infantry regiment wich wants to have some fun in the Napoleonic Wars DLC.
We strive to become a very skilled regiment in the community with both shooting and melee skills.
We accept everyone, from the newest beginner to the most highest skilled player possible.

Besides this regiment we play alot of other games together. So this regiment can be seen
as a little friendly gamer group. If you wish to join us, just make an application as stated in the post above.
If you have any concerns or questions please add Le Brave on Steam.
5zealy.jpg

Historical Battles and History of the Regiment
2d6t7d4.jpg

The Battle at Fort Oswego
Following the beginning of open conflict between French and British colonists in 1754 with the Battle of Jumonville Glen, the governments of Britain and France both sent regular army troops to North America to further contest the disputed territories of the Ohio Country and other border areas, including the frontier between the French province of Canada and the British province of New York, an area in present-day Upstate New York that was then largely controlled by the Iroquois nations. Part of the British plans for 1755 included an expedition to take Fort Niagara at the western end of Lake Ontario. The planned route for this expedition followed the Oswego River to the lake, with a major base of operations at the mouth of the river (where the present-day city of Oswego, New York is located). Under the direction of William Shirley, the governor of the Province of Massachusetts Bay, the original Fort Oswego was reinforced, and two additional forts, Fort George and Fort Ontario, were built in 1755. The planned expedition to Fort Niagara never took place due to logistical difficulties, and the fortifications around Oswego were manned during the winter of 1755–56.

Governor Shirley received word in March 1756 that he was to be replaced by John Campbell, 4th Earl of Loudoun. Loudoun's second in command, General James Abercrombie, only arrived in Albany in late June, and Shirley spent the intervening time shoring up the supply line to Oswego in anticipation of leading an expedition against the French forts on Lake Ontario. In June William Johnson traveled to the Iroquois headquarters at Onondaga, and successfully negotiated support for the British side with the Iroquois, Shawnee, and Delaware, forces that Shirley also hoped to use for his expedition.

The Battle of Salamanca
The Battle of Salamanca saw an Anglo-Portuguese army under the Duke of Wellington defeat Marshal Auguste Marmont's French forces among the hills around Arapiles, south of Salamanca, Spain on 22 July 1812 during the Peninsular War.
A Spanish division was also present but took no part in the battle.
The battle involved a succession of flanking manoeuvres in oblique order, initiated by the British heavy cavalry brigade and Pakenham's 3rd division, and continued by the cavalry and the 4th, 5th and 6th divisions. These attacks resulted in a rout of the French left wing. Both Marmont and his deputy commander, General Bonet, received shrapnel wounds in the first few minutes of firing. Confusion amongst the French command may have been decisive in creating an opportunity, which Wellington successfully seized and exploited.

The battle established Wellington as an offensive general. It was said that he "defeated an army of 40,000 men in 40 minutes."Six days after the battle, Foy wrote in his diary, "This battle is the most cleverly fought, the largest in scale, the most important in results, of any that the English have won in recent times. It brings up Lord Wellington's reputation almost to the level of that of Marlborough. Up to this day we knew his prudence, his eye for choosing good positions, and the skill with which he used them. But at Salamanca he has shown himself a great and able master of manoeuvring. He kept his dispositions hidden nearly the whole day: he allowed us to develop our movement before he pronounced his own: he played a close game: he utilized the oblique order in the style of Frederick the Great."
ic8ufb.jpg

scet6h.jpg

The Campaigns of the Coalition

The 1814 campaign in Northern France involved Coalition armies fighting a series of battles against Napoleon Bonaparte on French territory after his defeat at the 1813 Battle of Leipzig. At the campaign's conclusion, the Coalition captured Paris and exiled Napoleon to Elba. Napoleon attempted to counter the incursion of the Army of Silesia shortly after their crossing but arrived too late. Engaging in pursuit, he met the force at Brienne on 29 January 1814. Blücher and Schwarzenberg's forces combined three days later to engage Napoleon in the Battle of La-Rothière. Napoleon retreated and the Coalition continued their three-part advance towards Paris. On 10 February Napoleon won a victory in the Battle of Champaubert. He thus took a central position between divisions of the Army of Silesia, winning further victories in the battles of Montmirail and Vauchamps to complete his Six Days' Campaign. However, by this time the Grand Army was forcing a retreat of Napoleon's troops southeast of Paris. Napoleon arrived to fight the Battle of Montereau on 18 February 1814. Blücher led another advance towards Paris on 24 February before being forced to withdraw on 2 March under pursuit by Napoleon.

Napoleon tried to march towards Laon but was confronted by Blücher's forces in the Battle of Craonne, where he lost over 6000 men. On 9 March the Battle of Laon began; Napoleon's forces were severely outnumbered in this fight, and many of his marshals were defeated in conflicts elsewhere around Paris. Nevertheless, he gained a quick victory in a skirmish near Reims on 13/14 March and began pursuing Schwarzenberg's forces. Napoleon won a very narrow victory against the Grand Army in the Battle of Arcis-sur-Aube, but withdrew.

Ranks

Officers

w8nurm.jpg

Capitaine - Cpt
2vtb885_th.png

Lieutenant - Lt
a2bwhf.jpg

Sous-Lieutenant - SLt
rm0kg0.jpg

Aspirant - Asp

Non-Commissioned Officers

29ze7x0.jpg

Adjudant - Adj
24c8keu.jpg

Sergent Major - SgtMj
20ubscz.jpg

Sergent - Sgt
23uqwlj.jpg

Elève Sous-Officier - ESO

Corporals & Enlisted

i6yv5l.jpg

Caporal-Fourrier - CplFo
2jctwg7.jpg

Caporal - Cpl
10r78t5.jpg

Grenadier - Gren
ja884y.jpg

Fusilier Vétéran - FusV
dpzuwo.jpg

Fusilier - Fus
esqeki.jpg

Recrue - Rec

Roster

Officers

Capitaine LeBrave
France-Flag_zps34f94194.png
Non-Commissioned Officers

Sergent HaZe

Sergent Memphis
Austria-Flag_zps83afaa5a.png
Corporals & Enlisted

Caporal NeaxusPrime
Brazil-Flag.png

Grenadier TheDeaD

Grenadier Adams
fi.png

Grenadier Zeus
United-Kingdom-Flag_zps09996123.png

Grenadier Henri

Grenadier Interface

Fusilier Jean_Labbé

Fusilier Olmaster

Fusilier Retravas
italy-flag-icon.png

Fusilier Jack
italy-flag-icon.png

Fusilier Jk

Fusilier ExtaZz

Recrue Nathan

Recrue Shaigan

Recrue EmpereurDragon
canada.png

Recrue KoPEr*Nik
Turkey-Flag.png

Recrue Topsat

Recrue Murat

Recrue Alex

Recrue Toasti
Germany-Flag_zpsee594ca8.png

Recrue SkyBloo

Recrue Jhon_Miller
Recrue Greydon
Sweden-Flag_zps42d2914d.png

Recrue Zagur
hungary-flag.png

Recrue Bard134
Recrue Cr3aTIV

Recrue Nemesis

Recrue Dimitri
Recrue blacksnake/max
Recrue Skylite
Netherlands-Flag_zps1b619eb0.png

Recrue Moussolini
Norway-Flag_zps91411429.png

Recrue Jeys

Eazy-E said:
Herishey said:
Lets see how long you last this time, good luck none the less.

That's rich
I don't think you realise that I can still count the regiments I have been in on two hands, and I didn't leave most of them - they disbanded. Also I was in 17e for 7 months, that's longer than most people can say.

That's 9 different reigments, 1 of which I was not in. Also I was not in 17e/3rdFG 3 times, twice. And did I give these guys snide comments about staying alive, no? I stated that Mith will not stay in this regiment. I said nothing about LeBrave disbanding the regiment, maybe you should learn to read the language you are meant to speak fluently. Furthermore saying the regiments I created were complete fails is not entirely true, if you talk to my ex-members they will all tell you that they enjoyed the short time the regiment lived, which is why they are happy to re-join whenever I make a new regiment (which I won't again). We also won all the 1v1's that we played. But coming from you that's also ironic as 25th are very lacking when it comes to skill. Kthxbai.

Eazy-E, you realise nobody in this community actually likes you. People can join and leave regiments as much as they like, I feel like you try to oppress anyone that's been in more regiments than you, considering you've been playing this game for a much shorter time than the majority of people in this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom