1.4.3 Getting Lords to join your kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Let me start with saying - great work all around, I have a lot of fun with the game.

My question: I started my own kingdom in 1.4.2 and now moved on to 1.4.3. I own 7 cities, a number of castles, maxed out smithing so money is not an issue. However, I can't get any of the lords to join, even the ones that belong to kingdoms without fiefs. Even when I do manage to pass persuasion checks, even everything I own, 4.5 million cash plus equipment is not enough even to make an offer to lords.

Is this working as intended??? I hope not.

Let me start with saying - great work all around, I have a lot of fun with the game.

My question: I started my own kingdom in 1.4.2 and now moved on to 1.4.3. I own 7 cities, a number of castles, maxed out smithing so money is not an issue. However, I can't get any of the lords to join, even the ones that belong to kingdoms without fiefs. Even when I do manage to pass persuasion checks, even everything I own, 4.5 million cash plus equipment is not enough even to make an offer to lords.

In the notes about the changes made, persuading Lords from one side to another is obviously more difficult but what was worth mentioning was how many denars the Lord has. When they go broke they are much more likely to switch to another faction. If the Lords you are persuading have a butt ton of denars to their family when you try to recruit them that should be working as intended. I do not know if this is the case for you but I felt it was worth bringing attention to.

If not, I'll keep looking and testing things while I play myself as well.

for landed vassals it was nearly impossible for me to buy them but for unlanded ones I was buying them for 100k plus.

Yes. I noticed this also. A landed vassal would agree to join me but I could not even come close to the amount of Denar he wanted.

ok. How about, I give you this money plus you keep all your land plus I won't attack you and squash you like an over ripe grape.

I simply don't understand the logic behind this. Now I have 15 cities, countless castles and villages, and no other clan except mercenaries. I speak with lords, pass the persuasion check, and lords with 50k denars and no fiefs can't switch sides for 9 million. At the same time, I see AI snatching lords from kingdoms I obliterated left and right.
This needs to be fixed, as it is very annoying.

CorwinM ... it's simple, really. The latest update for e1.4.3 beta broke that part of the game.

I posted this thread in the 'Technical Support' forum

Last edited:
Thanks. At least it is comforting to know that this is not intended. Unfortunately, I tried rolling back the game to 1.4.2 and it won't load my saves.

I had read that, supposedly, it is neigh impossible to get a 'landed' vassal to defect. Well for all intents and purposes most ALL vassals are 'landed'.
I personally think that the game is broken in this aspect.
When I have 1.8m Dinar and the vassal refuses me, that is broken.

I agree, maybe they set this ridiculous amounts because some players made a sh1tload of money thorugh exploits or whatever but i didn't and tried to convice 3 of my friends from sturgia, all above 50 relatiob up to 80 relation(Olek) and max 1 town + 1 castle. Olek who only had one castle - took 1,5mil and at that point i had not enoguh for yorik who was at 1/6 with 350k. Roughly estimaded he will cost about 1.8 mil with 1 town + 1 castle, I only had 1,9mil in the first place ... so they were my friends and didn't ask for reasonable amounts, i'm a little bit upset ... Still I could cheese my way around with the broken smithing javelin prices but to get that amount of money i need to rob many towns blind at least 2 times since they hold only 50k most of the time. Normally i was able to barter items too, since 1.4.3 i can't anymore wich doesn't make any sense to me why this happened besides a try to stop cheesing with items like javs or smth ... I hope this gets balanced out.

I made a bug report thread and devs looking into this, cause it must be a bug of some kind, perhaps related to "having going" perk from Athletics tree, cause after i chose it, i got 100%-110% persuasion chances when talking and convincing any lord but no matter how much money I throw at them, they won't budge even when having 100 relation and throwing 3mil gold at them. It caused my faction - Battania to have 11 clans vs Khuzait with 30, cause no lord of other culture would join Battania as long as I was part of it. After I tested and left battania, several vlandian lords instanly swapped over to Battania, so its definitely some kind of bug

My thread regarding this

What is your power rating versus their factions? I haven't tried a kingdom in 1.4.3, but in 1.4.2 beta having a much higher power rating seemed to make it possible to recruit lords with no barter after passing checks.

What is your power rating versus their factions? I haven't tried a kingdom in 1.4.3, but in 1.4.2 beta having a much higher power rating seemed to make it possible to recruit lords with no barter after passing checks.
Basically I had Vlandia completely conquered and then I just Relationship farmed their lords, they still wouldn't join even when none of them held any fiefs and they were literally running around with 20 men in their party since they had to money to recruit more. They all still wanted more than 3 mil + all my inventory.

ok. How about, I give you this money plus you keep all your land plus I won't attack you and squash you like an over ripe grape.

This. I don't get why there's no option for them to try and keep their fief when they leave. If you border my kingdom and you join me, why would you just walk away from your keep? If it means war, that's fine, but I should have the option.

This. I don't get why there's no option for them to try and keep their fief when they leave. If you border my kingdom and you join me, why would you just walk away from your keep? If it means war, that's fine, but I should have the option.

Do lords still bring their fiefs with them if you recruit them while at war with their faction in 1.4.3?

Persuasion is not my problem. The issue is the price. Granted, my relationship with any of these lords is not too high, but my power rating is. And still, even if I offer 11 million of money + everything else in my inventory, the slide won't even move.

Persuasion is not my problem. The issue is the price. Granted, my relationship with any of these lords is not too high, but my power rating is. And still, even if I offer 11 million of money + everything else in my inventory, the slide won't even move.

Someone posted elsewhere that you should target lords who don't own keeps/fiefs. They're a lot cheaper to recruit, assuming you can find such a unicorn.

Someone posted elsewhere that you should target lords who don't own keeps/fiefs. They're a lot cheaper to recruit, assuming you can find such a unicorn.
It doesn't matter, none of them won't budge no matter how weak or strong they are or whether they have settlements or not...

It doesn't matter, none of them won't budge no matter how weak or strong they are or whether they have settlements or not...
Confirming this, it doesn't matter. I've found lords with no fiefs and still I don't have enough money to get that slider moving - and I have over 11 million. While they have about 50k cash. Meanwhile, other kingdoms have no problem recruiting lords whose kingdoms I obliterated.

Back
Top Bottom