Search results for query: *

1. cascinova

SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

Anyone have any clue how to make the battlefields larger? the small size doesn't give any time to prepare whatsoever. 

Edit: I think i figured it out, run that little batch file and enter "2".
  2. cascinova

Armor and weapons

So after fighting in a lot of tournaments I discovered that armor seems to have no defense against cutting and piercing weapons.  I mean my sword seems to do just as much cutting damage against plate armor as it does against no armor.  I don't know if this is just a tournament affect yet, or it...
  3. cascinova

Bug Reporting HQ

Using the latest build and patch, I think the 1/2 hander swords got bugged somehow, because they all require strength 45 to use.  Seems like it's bugged since nothing else is even close to requiring  that much strength.
  4. cascinova

Viking Conquest: Reforged Edition - Open Beta (Steam) - Update Patch 22/07/15

I think taxes and tariffs need to be tweaked.  I have Tunsberg and it's "very rich" yet many weeks i get Zero income from tariffs and taxes, it just says none, or zero.  Then weeks when I do get income sometimes it varies from 1k to 4k.  I am not at war with anyone, and I patrol regularly , so the villages almost never get attacked, also both the villages are at "very rich". I think realistically I should be getting at least 8k a week from a very prosperous town, and in fact in earlier patches I did get that much, even as much as 10k or 11k a week from some towns. 
    Also I agree as some others have stated in other threads that the Norse bands of brigands are just a bit too strong to be balanced for the norse region.  Most of them spawn with between 130 to 190 brigands, and highwaymen.  The problem is that the weaker lords just cant stand up to those kind of numbers.  Even my lords that have a castle and village, some of them are only spawning armies of 150 men, and they regularly get defeated by the bandites, especially if 2 of them are traveling together, which also happens regularly.  Finally they spawn like crazy, i mean you defeat one and really like 2 days later another one spawns.  Meanwhile when one of my lords gets defeated, he might sit in his castle for a week or longer to replenish. 

I was thinking another option would just be to make the hightwayman a bit weaker,  some of them are very strong, especially the guys in chainmail with war spears. It seems that realistically bands of marauders should be less well outfitted.

And what happened to the ability to have patrols for  towns? and recruiters ? that would be helpful.  I guess that those were removed to help optimize performance at some point.
  5. cascinova

Is it even worth it to be a Horse Archer?

Its not just bows, swords are also next to useless as well I noticed.  I mean against vanilla troops they work fine, but anything above tier 3, you need blunt or pierce to do almost any reasonable damage.  I run around with the celestial mace, and gave all my companions blunt weapons as well. 
  6. cascinova

Viking Conquest Update 1.04 (released)

aikiwarrior said:
    Love the look of the changes, unfortunately I cant play it :sad:

When I enter a battle the screen is very choppy. On top of that my game froze completely to the point I had to restart my comp after I decapitated someone. This was loading a game I have used since 1.02, not starting a new game.

What do your expect? don't complain if your not willing to start a new game. I can't think of any game out there that lets you keep using the same save through 2 patches.
  7. cascinova

Viking Conquest Update 1.03 (released)

kalarhan said:
    Sobakozoid said:
    FFS !!!!! I don't even have 1.02+1.165 version in ******** GOG shop! DO SOMETHING WITH IT !

install Steam and add a external game by using the valid serial key you got from Taleworlds.

Taleworlds and VC team cant control what a third party vendor does. They can ask, etc, but not much more.

Didn't realize I could add to steam that way, thanks that's awesome.
  8. cascinova

SP Musket Era WFaS Enhanced Unofficial 1.86a

thanks for the mod, great work )) Im a little confused about the custom troops for kindgom though, mine seems to be a mix of like western european and also cossaks.
    Edit: Nevermind I see those were garrison troops because it's a city in the former cossak republic, and you need to hire a commander then you can recruit your own troops from him.
  9. cascinova

Game balance

Radetzky said:
    Similarly, you can slash open the tavern drunkard's face with a sabre, nobody will object anything. If you have a companion bodyguard, he will do it automatically.

I actually shot him with my double barrel  :twisted:
  10. cascinova

Decreasing Lord's relations each week

What I did is only recruit lords that are upstanding personalities , they like you if you have a lot of honor.  So I have like 200 honor, and they all had 50 plus relations with me to begin with.  Just keep releasing lords with good relations with you when you capture them, and so then when they show up and wanna join your kingdom some will already have really high relations with you. Then I found that when I granted one a fief, they all sorta seemed to be friends, so their friends would get plus relations with me, when I granted one of them a fief.  Also once a week you can have your steward send the letter for plus relations, 15 relations.  I find that giving them titles doesn't really do anything, maybe a once plus 5 relations that's it.  Its basically a waste of kingdom funds, I did it only cuz I was making like a million extra a week and didn't need the funds cuz I had already done all my research.  If your kindgom is losing money, your doing it wrong, or you don't have a town yet perhaps? Once you have at least one town, make sure your relgious unity is 100 percent, or it hurts.  Get that high  by giving clergy a lot of the power, don't worry eventually they will lose it again, but keep it high till you get relgion unity to 100. 
    Finally if your married you can throw feasts, which raises a little, also every time you fight in a battle with them, talk afterwards, that will raise it by 1, and I find myself saving them in battles a lot (when you join in and they are losing) that will raise it by quite a bit also, and if he has friends, you get plus relations with them when you talk to them after saving his ass as well.

All that being said, I think if you plan on recruiting more than a few lords, you best be conquoring lands and handing out fiefs to keep them happy, if your kindgom isn't expanding and you have many lords, it's going to be tough.  ACtually It is one reason I don't like the minus 5 relations each week, becuase it is sort of forcing me to keep expanding and I don't really want to win the game so fast.  I'd rather take my time, but I feel I am pressured to keep taking fiefs to keep their relations up.
  11. cascinova

Flintlocks

The early muskets in game, are rare , because it takes a month to train them, their very expensive compared to say crossbows which are basically free (as levies and trained up) and you can only train up to 20 at a time in a town, so unless you used several towns or castles to make an army of them, also in the field they aren't that much more effective than say elite crossbows, except the fact that they have very good range,  but I noticed if you don't protect them well and they get attacked that they are very weak against any infantry and cavalry.  Also I noticed they tend not to take out their swords when confronting the enemy face to face, and this makes them die even that much easier.  All in all I think they are balanced well and not overpowered at all.
  12. cascinova

At war with too many factions

I have actually had the opposite happen. I took over Frisia and haven't had one kingdom attack me, even after I wiped out the entire frisian kingdom. However before I did this, I had high reputation, I also had tons of prestige, and finally I never raided one Monestary, village, town, etc. ...  Ohh and finally had my right to rule well above 50 already.  The thing you have to realize with many of the christian kindgoms, especially the Irish and Britons is that if you piss one off, they tend to dogpile.  So it's best to have good relations with all until you are prepared to take them all on.  Ohh and another thing, they will attack you, even if you have like -3 relations, so in that case you can just send a gift, or just personally go and find one of their lords and say you wanna pay to make peace.
  13. cascinova

New era

In my kindgom it says I got to level 2 , the only problem is when I recruit troops it only give me the option for level 1, anyone else notice this?
  14. cascinova

Bug Reporting HQ

Probably already been posted but when you form your own kingdom as king, your troop lead count doesn't go up at all.
  15. cascinova

Party size limit unchanged after starting my own kingdom

Same for me, I had 140 cap, and even as King it's still 140 cap.  Sucks when running into other Kings with 300 plus troops.
  16. cascinova

Donating to Pagan Priest causes Reputation loss

I noticed this as well, but you do get plus rep with the pagans you will notice when you do it.  So even though your overall rep goes down, you see in the log that your pagan rep goes up and your christian rep goes down, and those 2 reps are apparently separate from your overall rep.  One thing I have noticed in this Mod (DLC) vs the native and other mods even Brytenwalda is that a big positive rep isn't as important as it was before.  I have actually seen very few lords with the "upstanding" personality which increases their relations with you as your overall rep goes up.  In fact I would make a very rough guess that its around 12 or less for the entire map.  I have seen twice as many "debauched" lords in which case (someone correct me if I am wrong) but their relationship with you would actually increase if you had negative rep. 

Overall my point is that negative overall rep isn't necessarily a bad thing in this MOD, now negative christian or pagan rep is another thing, and will make cities and towns hate you depending on their religion, and this may make it difficult to recruit, depending on the  area that you are in.  I for one always convert any town or village I take for that reason.

Ohh, BTW merry christmas everyone.
  17. cascinova

Armies following you.

I have people following me, but why does my leader lose his horse on the map view after I reached a certain number of troops? It looks kinda silly me walking around, the only leader on the map without a horse even though I have a horse in my horse slot and several more in my inventory. I thought perhaps it was due to the fact that I didn't have enough cavalry but after buying a ton of horse troops it didn't make a difference.
  18. cascinova

Viking Conquest Update 1.02 (released)

Is there a way someone can post the beta for people who didn't buy the game on steam?
  19. cascinova

Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:

Thanks Cookie
Back
Top Bottom