Search results for query: *

1. Your favorite weapon loadout?

"seem that they are the proper size don't appear to be proportionally accurate"

I didn't say the size was wrong, I said the proportions were wrong. They are off.  Both the character model and the model of the weapon in game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seax_of_Beagnoth

I have a replica of this particular blade, if you'd like pictures to illustrate the point I would be more then happy to provide them.
  2. Your favorite weapon loadout?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seax_of_Beagnoth

Just wanted to throw my 2 penning in. Many of the langseax in game are quite small compared to most sources. and a lot of those that seem that they are the proper size don't appear to be proportionally accurate.  Furthermore it also appears that all of the swords in game happen to be skewed the same way. Absolutely massive hilt sizes, its a problem with proportion.

http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=1916  - This is a pretty nice discussion, the sourcing is what makes reading through the conversation worthwhile.

http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/manufacturing/pix/sword_grip.jpg - Another link to give a more proper view of proportion. Look at the size of the sword hilt in an average person's hand. Then look at the size of the sword in your character's hand in game.
  3. Activation issue

Yes.
  4. Activation issue

I bought a number of copies off steam for friends of mine, and myself.  We were able to register the keys provided by steam and install/run the game. When installing mods it causes the game to ask for activation, which doesn't work (Any forms of it) the keys also registered on the taleworlds...
  5. Activation denied.

So trying to install a mod for warband, onto a steam version of warband. Now, no matter how I try and do it, activation is always denied for my serial key. Is this a known issue?
  6. The very basic, single player mini-mod- SEVERELY OUTDATED

That would be awesome if you could fill me in on what that is about. I'm absolutely clueless.

Still doing some troop tree tweaking. Trying to balance them out. For some reason the Vikings and Saxons blow through just about everything, might be to do with their hauscarls. So I gave them a bit of a nerf while trying at the same time to give the Normans a buff. There cavalry are a force to be reckoned with.
  7. The very basic, single player mini-mod- SEVERELY OUTDATED

Kretti said:
    I bet there's lots of tribes (celts, fenns, sami, galls) that could be put in the place of Khergits and Sarranids. I figure Norwegians, Icelanders, Danes and Swedes might be good alternatives as well, as independent kingdoms. Vikings are just a bunch of mixed rabble, there's never been an actual viking kingdom anyhow.

That was what I was thinking I was going to make one faction a different set of norsemen and another a different saxon kingdom. But I am also thinking about making the Khergits Frankish and the Sarranids a north African Islamic faction?

That is.....if I can get items cause I can't make any to save my life.
  8. The very basic, single player mini-mod- SEVERELY OUTDATED

Update for anyone that is interested

Items have been successfully added

Normans, Saxon, Viking, and Rus trooptrees are finished. Though right now they are not completely tweaked nor balanced, consider it a base. I am leaving the other factions as are for now till I figure out what to do with them. As well as merc bandit parties.

I will be releasing what I have now so everyone can give me thoughts and suggestions as well as give me a hand with balancing.
  9. The very basic, single player mini-mod- SEVERELY OUTDATED

I am working now on the Norman troop tree, but I have a question. Does anyone know anything about the Rus, enough to make a troop tree?
  10. The very basic, single player mini-mod- SEVERELY OUTDATED

Thats not a good thing....they do it instead of attacking lol
  11. The very basic, single player mini-mod- SEVERELY OUTDATED

Still working on it, slow going but getting there. Finished the saxon troop tree today (still needs some minor tweaking but that will be done when the bases is made) after that I'm going to delete the most out of place items (plate armor, hand and a half swords, ex). Then I will balance the items, or rather I will balance the few remaining native items to match the new ones.

Then I'll be ready for this release.

Also I noticed something odd. I didn't import any animations or anything, strictly items. But for some reason all spear armed troops raise their weapons much like you can when battle crying. So I need to figure that out.

Saxon troop tree is very simplistic, but I don't really know a more realistic representation

Recruit-Fyrdmen-Select Fyrd-Thegns-Hauscarl
              \Bowmen- Fyrd Bowmen
  12. The very basic, single player mini-mod- SEVERELY OUTDATED

Alright awesome. As of now I have all items in game (Except for footwear for some reason, but I think maybe its not merchandise). A few mesh errors that I am working out now.

I'm thinking of making the Nords into  Vikings, Swadians into Normans, Rodok (sp) in Saxons, Vaigers(Again...spelling) into Rus. And the everyone into some other conglomeration of peoples. Anyone have a suggestion?

Edit- I made a small mistake. I have the items added to the game successfully but when I add them to the troops I get a mis-match of native items....any ideas?
  13. The very basic, single player mini-mod- SEVERELY OUTDATED

Hello, I have been working on making a single player mod (For personal use, incredibly simple idea as well) I'm just porting all the items (done) and adjusting the troop trees and parties to make each kingdom have a distinct darkage flavor. My question is, if anyone else wants it when I am...
  14. Regarding the problems with the naval battles

instead of hitting K to tell it to board. just run your ship into theirs and it will board automatically.
  15. A Brytenwalda Fanfic- "Blood, Glory, and Britannia"

Blood, Glory, and Britannia A Brytenwalda Inspired Fanfic “To Agitius, thrice consul, the groans of the Britons... the barbarians drive us to the sea, the sea drives us to the barbarians, between these two means of death we are either slaughtered or drowned.” -Gildas 'De Excidio...
  16. Feature Walk Backwards discussion and fix for who dont wish this feature.

I think that the percentage should be adjust so that "If I walk backwards, I will trip" becomes "If I walk backwards, I may trip".

Though this only covers up the root of the problem which is the AI, that completely lacks and form of avoidance logic. That being the reason you get ganged up on. That in and of itself is highly unrealistic.
  17. Templars

I was the Templar historical adviser to RAZ's Holy War Mod. So if you need help, give me a shout.
  18. Suggestions (faction specific suggestions in faction specific threads please)

I feel that I have to throw this out there. In the year 1257 AD Transylvania, Valahia, and Moldova. Were not really independent states, hungary or byzantine held sway throughout most of this time-frame. Also at this point in time Transylvania, Valahia, and Moldova were not that important to holding off the Turks, Byzantine still held Greece,  Thrace, a large part of Anatolia, parts of the Balkans, and Macedonia. It would not be till the 1400s and 1500s AD that Transylvania, Valahia, Moldova, and the rest of the Balkan states really came into their own when it comes to defending against the Turks and being bonifide states.

This is from a strictly historical standpoint. I'm not trying to be insulting, or play on anyone feelings. Leave blatant nationalism out of it. Lets make a historically correct mod. 
  19. Fragments of Purple

Post is prepared and will be posted tomorrow, watch this space.
  20. [S]1257 AD (improved) - old discussions

On thing that has bothered me, take for example the Kingdom of France. Every single lord of said kingdom wears a blue surcoat with fleur-de-lis. The same with every other faction, they all have a standardized outfit for the lords. This is historically incorrect. Each lord, hell every person of knightly class should have a distinct heraldic pattern.

Every single one should be different, the purpose of heraldry was identification. Think of it as a name tag.

That being said, people of the same household may have closely related heraldry. For example, say my heraldry was a large fleur-de-lis on a black field. My son's might consider of a large fleur-de-lis with two smaller ones on a black field.

This was done so that in the heat of battle they could identify one another, not only allies but enemies as well.

I think this variation is something that would greatly add to the game. Nothing could add more 'flavor' or a better look and feel.

Thanks, just my two cents
Back
Top Bottom