Search results for query: *

1. Subitai

Ah September... 5 Years

zdsdead said:
    hi taleworlds im 43, will i see this game before i die?. having worked out that im probably going to pop my clogs around 70ish, as long as cancer heart attack, etc dont get me beforehand

Thanks in advance

Dude, I know you're joking but don't be silly...  I'm 47, been playing m&b since 2008 and I'm in decent shape and have the mind of my 20s.  Haha, no prob!

I'm actually glad about the delay... I'm in that in between stage of gaming rigs, you know:. Need to upgrade yet holding on to old rig, but it's smart to wait until after the new year.

I might wait longer after release to get feedback from players about performance before I upgrade.
  2. Subitai

++ MAGNA RENOVATIO ++ Europe 1200 Reloaded.

I see everybody "chompin' at the bit", waiting for Bannerlord... and I admit I can't wait myself.

But I'm still playing this mod occasionally just to get my jollys and take the edge off. 

- I keep hearing that it's not gonna release now until 2018 at least. 
    - I wish they'd release the Single Player part of it 1st.
    - I read the article explaining some reasons for the hold up with the multiplayer part of it.  Namely, the particle effects and how things like destroyed walls must all be displayed correctly between the server and all the players.  It must be hard to resolve random stuff like that. 

It's a shame really...I was just really hoping for that last E1200 update, I.e with the Byzantines . 
  3. Subitai

Suggestion: Bodyguards

578 said:
    Rabies said:
    578 said:
    There are already bodyguards in the game fully customizable. They are called companions and they can be assigned to 1 group to follow you all the time.

And they usually all get knocked out within about 15 seconds of close combat. (But I guess that's not the point.)

You leave the surgeons/medics behind you and you gather the strongest companions by building them with Ironflesh and attacking abilities. And then they are a walking mini army of death. Warband needs time to be invested. You won't do this in a day or two or three.

This is true, especially if you have a mod or the ability to have 10 or more companions.  One surgeon left in the back and the rest all jacked up 25th level or higher and all "Lordly" armor (or top self at least)...they will roll over most armies when you combine them with some decent other troop types as fodder.

They truly become way too overpowered (mostly because they can't die). Which is why if I want to make it harder I only keep 5 companions and only give them stuff I loot.

I think the way some mods had a wounding system or critical hits that knocked down stat points on companions kinda worked to deal with them being immortal God's.
  4. Subitai

Features you want to see in single player Bannerlord

Gab-AG. said:
    Subitai said:
    Lots of good ideas thus far... I'll just be happy to play the game at all :smile:

That being said, most of my wishes are for improving the LONG GAME in single player.  For example,  Warband already had a simplistic ability to sneak into a castle and rescue (prison break) a Lord.

If it was at a Hostile castle....it was usually effected by how many troops you had.  I.e the smaller the band you rolled up with, the easier the sneak in was.   

* I'd like to be able to leave my party in camp and take off separately for a solo or small team mission.  I think they might be doing this one as we speak!!!!  :cool:

I'd like this system to be much more advanced. (i.e more options at least)

- Perhaps you could take a 3 person squad with you and use a rope ladder to sneak into an obscure part of the castle
    -  The reason I say have at least 2 other guys with you is because...it's hard to defeat 5 guards (bum rushing you) who are fully armored SOLO, when you only have on "Stealth Equipment".
    - You shouldn't have to defeat every guard on the night shift either...you should only have to make it back to your rope ladder to escape.  It should be really difficult for sure...but at least doable.

* This sneak in system could be applied to being able to see a "Woman" (or man) that you normally could not see in court.  I hate waiting for a "Feast" to talk to a girl.
    - It should be really hard but you could also sneak in to kidnap someone...say for example a daughter for ransom.

* I've always been in favor of different or MANY more options that you can use for politics or intrigue with the use of your Wife. 

* I hated the way in Warband...after you got married, you could NO longer dedicate or Increase relations with OTHER women after tournaments.  This was important if you wanted to be able to improve relations by gift giving.  Especially if you had a small starter kingdom and none of your lords had Wives that you had a positive relation with.  It was a catch 22.
    -  True, you could get lucky and hopefully a wife or mother would need you to do them a favor....But it was rare to happen.
    -  I just think that if you had a high enough "intelligence" or whatever....you could pay them a compliment and thus get the relations moving forward.

* During a Feast...I hated in Warband that if you had high numbers of Lords, Not all of them could fit in the HALL, never mind their wives or their daughters. 
    - Again, they would be listed as present but you couldn't access them.  You should be able to sneak into another room and visit a lord or lady privately. 

* The Warband Mod "Blue Blood" had a "LEVY" system for hiring troops from a village.  Each village had a lord.  When you called upon the Levy, the lord showed up with however many villagers (soldiers) he could muster.  They could only be with you for a few weeks then they had to return back to their villages. (if not dead)    It made it very interesting...for sure it could be modded again...but I'm in favor of an option for it.

* When I'm on long campaign....i'd like to be able to manage my goods for sale with other options.
    1) Mabe an option to send 5 of my troops away to sell loot and bring back back some provisions.  - -----------This is easy and totally doable....Warband already could send out companions and they would find you afterwards.

2) Say I couldn't spare any men to send on an errand.  Mabe an option to dig or bury my loot or goods and then come back later to retrieve it.  Of course there could be the random chance that Bandits will find it or that you catch them in the act of robbing it.

* During Siege defense:
    I wish I could give a command to my archers to make shooting at "Enemy Archers" a priority 1st...then anybody else 2nd.

- I wish I could leave a castle (Sally out) from a side gate with a fast group of Calvary to harass the enemy. 

- I wish I could access an special NPC along the walls or at my banner.  I.e, a helper squire or servant.  For example, when I run up-to him and access a menu on him (via pressing "F")  He will do random things for me:
    1) Like bring me more arrows
    2) Send for the doctor
    3) Send a raven to my other castle...inform them of our situation.

- I wish I could design my own defense.  For example, I could choose to leave my front gate open and let them come charging in.  Only to be met by my Best Shielded shock troops holding them in the gap whilst my Archers have them in an enfilade from the sides.

- Release the hounds:  War dogs in cages :smile:

I actually have too many to list. :smile:

You see, what I've always liked about Warband is that you could be whoever you wanted, although it's a bit limited and in the end you just end up leading a warband to conquer Calradia. I would like Bannerlord to expand on this, for example, seeing all the suggestions you made about sneaking in castles, kidnapping and whatnot, perhaps you could even be an assassin for hire and do this as a job, taking contracts from other people, instead of always leading a party of men to conquer everything.

Essentially, I'd like to see a lot of variety on what you can do. I hope I managed to explain properly what I mean! ^^

You said it:  Gab-AG!! 

The thing is...we shouldn't be suggesting ideas at this point that are too complicated.  Most of the ideas I suggested are because you need these things in the LONG HAUL of a Single Game.   

Most people get to about 400 - 600 days (so i've read on here b4) and then they end up starting a new character. 

In the spoiler above I suggested the updates to the Sneak In Option because things like the "Disguise yourself and sneak in" were/are  already (in Warband) and could be used to solve problems that come up in the long game.  :grin:

==================================================================
    Also,
    I think it's important... battle tactics wise: what I said about being able to command Archers or other types for your own purposes

In warband, you can already select "ALL Archers" individually or "Near By Soldiers", but you CANNOT do the combination of both specifically. 
    :mad: If you select ALL archers...you risk taking too many men from the breach.

:party: IF Bannerlord had the option to select "Nearby Archers" or Nearby Infantry" (or whatever)  should easily be doable.

?  Without Battlesizer, how many of us have had a mixed group of castle defenders attempt to fend off a force 5 x's it's own size?   
    - The attacks come in waves and the game uses a Ratio to place your allotted number of defenders at the breach.  If you are very out numbered...you'll need to have ALL your men (archers and infantry) at the breach.  Which means that you cannot have your archers doing what they do best, i.e. shoot arrows or bolts.  Not without taking away TOO many bodies from the breach.

!!! If you can run up to your men and select: "NearBy Archers" , then it would be easy to select or PEEL off  your desired amount of Archers from the defenders.  This is because that system works as a defined radius from your character.

- Then you can run to a side turret or better position to Enfilade or at least better pick off the enemy from the sides.  Things like this can Turn the Tide and decide a siege defense when done correctly.

- From the Bannerlord videos you see they've given attackers multiple entry points or breaches.  That's true, but what can still happen... is the fight is not over at the outer walls. 

If we can retreat to the keep or funnel the enemy through interior barricades then what I'm saying remains true.    Warband mods...already have these options...just not expanded enough.

For example in Hispania 1200, you can fight the normal run up the ladders or run over the tower but then you are made to have to Chop or break down interior doors for the inner fight during keep defense.
  5. Subitai

Features you want to see in single player Bannerlord

Lots of good ideas thus far... I'll just be happy to play the game at all :smile:

That being said, most of my wishes are for improving the LONG GAME in single player.  For example,  Warband already had a simplistic ability to sneak into a castle and rescue (prison break) a Lord.

If it was at a Hostile castle....it was usually effected by how many troops you had.  I.e the smaller the band you rolled up with, the easier the sneak in was.   

* I'd like to be able to leave my party in camp and take off separately for a solo or small team mission.  I think they might be doing this one as we speak!!!!  :cool:

I'd like this system to be much more advanced. (i.e more options at least)

* Perhaps you could take a 3 person squad with you and use a rope ladder to sneak into an obscure part of the castle
    -  The reason I say have at least 2 other guys with you is because...it's hard to defeat 5 guards (bum rushing you) who are fully armored SOLO, when you only have on "Stealth Equipment".
    - You shouldn't have to defeat every guard on the night shift either...you should only have to make it back to your rope ladder to escape.  It should be really difficult for sure...but at least doable.

* This sneak in system could be applied to being able to see a "Woman" (or man) that you normally could not see in court.  I hate waiting for a "Feast" to talk to a girl.
    - It should be really hard but you could also sneak in to kidnap someone...say for example a daughter for ransom.

* I've always been in favor of different or MANY more options that you can use for politics or intrigue with the use of your Wife. 

* I hated the way in Warband...after you got married, you could NO longer dedicate or Increase relations with OTHER women after tournaments.  This was important if you wanted to be able to improve relations by gift giving.  Especially if you had a small starter kingdom and none of your lords had Wives that you had a positive relation with.  It was a catch 22.
    -  True, you could get lucky and hopefully a wife or mother would need you to do them a favor....But it was rare to happen.
    -  I just think that if you had a high enough "intelligence" or whatever....you could pay them a compliment and thus get the relations moving forward.

* During a Feast...I hated in Warband that if you had high numbers of Lords, Not all of them could fit in the HALL, never mind their wives or their daughters. 
    - Again, they would be listed as present but you couldn't access them.  You should be able to sneak into another room and visit a lord or lady privately. 

* The Warband Mod "Blue Blood" had a "LEVY" system for hiring troops from a village.  Each village had a lord.  When you called upon the Levy, the lord showed up with however many villagers (soldiers) he could muster.  They could only be with you for a few weeks then they had to return back to their villages. (if not dead)    It made it very interesting...for sure it could be modded again...but I'm in favor of an option for it.

* When I'm on long campaign....i'd like to be able to manage my goods for sale with other options.
    1) Mabe an option to send 5 of my troops away to sell loot and bring back back some provisions.  - -----------This is easy and totally doable....Warband already could send out companions and they would find you afterwards.

2) Say I couldn't spare any men to send on an errand.  Mabe an option to dig or bury my loot or goods and then come back later to retrieve it.  Of course there could be the random chance that Bandits will find it or that you catch them in the act of robbing it.

* During Siege defense:
    -  I wish I could give a command to my archers to make shooting at "Enemy Archers" a priority 1st...then anybody else 2nd.

- I wish I could leave a castle (Sally out) from a side gate with a fast group of Calvary to harass the enemy. 

- I wish I could access an special NPC along the walls or at my banner.  I.e, a helper squire or servant.  For example, when I run up-to him and access a menu on him (via pressing "F")  He will do random things for me:
    1) Like bring me more arrows
    2) Send for the doctor
    3) Send a raven to my other castle...inform them of our situation.

- I wish I could design my own defense.  For example, I could choose to leave my front gate open and let them come charging in.  Only to be met by my Best Shielded shock troops holding them in the gap whilst my Archers have them in an enfilade from the sides.

- Release the hounds:  War dogs in cages :smile:

I actually have too many to list. :smile:
  6. Subitai

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Aruda said:
    Can anyone update the "rebel and keep your lands" tweak, i think its outdated because when i try to rebel nothing happens and a red error message appears saying "invalid script parameter at script village_set_state : line no : 1  [240]" i coulnt figure how to fix that. Thanks!

I know this is a few months old but I just came to visit and saw this.  There is another work around to get a chance to rebel.

Below is an example from Page 5 of: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,295324.0.html

Tweak to RAISE OR LOWER the chance of king giving you a property that you've captured. (Ref # 8:cool:
    Originally by TML
    IN Scripts.txt.

Actually this is only a small part of a larger posted tweak but I thought it might be useful.  There are a few other things going on to determine the calculations like:

1st defining the value of towns, castles & villages. 2nd your Renown and relationship with king and 3rd a random number is generated....blah blah blah.

* It then checks whether or not YOU'VE captured the place personally – if you did, it multiplies it by 3 and then divides it by 2. That effectively gives you a 50% higher score for capturing it. You could change these numbers to give the one capturing it an even bigger chance if you like.

To increase your chance: changing the blue 3 to 30 and the blue 2 to 1, that would result in whoever takes it getting it almost always.

To Decrease your chance for example to 1/5th : changing the blue 3 to 1 and the blue 2 to 5, that would decrease your chance for the King to give you the town or castle you just captured.

WHY IS THIS SIGNIFICANT???  Because many times I have read where players are constantly being given their properties to them when in fact they don't really want them.  I've often heard of players complaining that they "Wish the King would NOT give them a captured castle and therefore the player would get the chance to rebel.  This tweak can help solve that problem. 

E1200 Lines to look for:

calculate_troop_score_for_center -1
    41 23 2 1224979098644774912 1 23 2 1224979098644774913 2 2133 2 1224979098644774914 1 6 3 1224979098644774915 648518346341351446 648518346341353256 2133 2 1224979098644774916 0 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774912 360287970189639680 541 3 1224979098644774915 7 -2 2133 2 1224979098644774916 1 3 0 1073742365 3 1224979098644774915 7 1224979098644774912 31 2 1224979098644774916 1 4 0 541 3 1224979098644774915 0 3 2105 2 1224979098644774914 4 5 0 541 3 1224979098644774915 0 2 2105 2 1224979098644774914 2 5 0 2105 2 1224979098644774914 1 3 0 3 0 520 3 1224979098644774917 1224979098644774912 7 2120 3 1224979098644774918 500 1224979098644774917 2108 2 1224979098644774918 1224979098644774914 2136 3 1224979098644774919 50 100 2107 2 1224979098644774918 1224979098644774919 4 0 541 3 1224979098644774913 28 1224979098644774912 2107 2 1224979098644774918 3 2108 2 1224979098644774918 2 3 0 4 0 31 2 1224979098644774912 360287970189639680 522 2 1224979098644774920 144115188075856256 1 2 936748722493063435 1224979098644774920 2133 2 1224979098644774921 72057594037927936 2107 2 1224979098644774921 2 2105 2 1224979098644774918 1224979098644774921 3 0 2133 2 72057594037927936 122497909864477491

Notes:
    Again..i haven't tested this myself yet...but it looks very good for testing.  Also, I really like the part of solving the problem of kings being too generous.  Of course, if people didn't want to get a kingdom that way...they could always just use MY tweak Renounce / Rebel & keep your stuff tweak without having to use this one.  :cool:

Edit, I tested it for decreasing chance...so I could rebel and it worked fine.
  7. Subitai

SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

NICE Antonis!!
  8. Subitai

++ MAGNA RENOVATIO ++ Europe 1200 Reloaded.

Antonis said:
    Subitai said:
    Yo Guys...if it ever would come to a vote (if need be) I'd vote for "Serbian Conqueror" as a moderator.  I know the dude was here long before me. haha.  Dude, however... if and when someone starts cleaning up the files or forum, please don't delete my Tweaks thread.  That was a ton of work. 

Antonis, when you get closer to being done.  I suppose you have a list of NEW LORDS  ie the byzantines ones?  I'll volunteer myself to help change the shield skill for whatever troops.txt file you need working on.  Depending on how many new lords you have.  It takes a couple hours to do manually...i'm sure there's an easier way with mod sys but I don't know it.

I'll have to repeat a pain in the neck process of 1/2 'ing the file...since Morghs editor will not read Europe 1200's LARGE file.  Then copy and past them together again. 

(I said this before) but what I did was
    - change all the lords to have Shield 5 skill instead of the default 0.  This makes them tougher in battle.

- Also, gave all bishops and priest type lords some random improved Healing skills  (wound, surgery & first aid) This leaves you with MANY MORE prisoners alive after battles.    To me this makes sense since they were educated men and had a higher chance of knowing at least some of these skills.

Yep, I have new lords for the Byzantines, NOT made by me, they were in the files Korinov sent. There are about 40 lords for the Empire, although some are dublicates and such, I am guessing they made some and then research showed that there were others more proper(?)

As for the shield skill, module system or not, it is still a lot of work. But if you are up for it, you can PM me and I will show you how to use some of the 'easier' module files, like the items, troops and strings(where most of the dialgogues are stored and you can change it all without knowing a thing about coding). ALl those are really easy to work with, more than text files, actually, and it will speed up the work hours. Plus, you can do all the things you want directly to the mod. :smile:

Serbian Conqueror said:
    Ofc your tweeks should be kept and if u ask me some of them should be implemented in game. I too use couple of ur tweeks. As for shield skills i agree their skill should be increase for more battle depth

+1
    I used also many of them, some I managed to find how to do with module files, some elude me still( :smile:) but with the exception of the more 'cheating' ones, most are really good and immersive for the game.

I know that everyone is excited about M&B2 Bannerlord...but my pipe dream was to at least see Europe 1200 get the Byzantines added to the map.  If nothing else, that'd be awesome.  I've always said, i'd pay good money (at least a $100.00 to see that happen) via pay pal. 

Antonis could PM me separately...

But if he's too busy I understand.  It's hard to open up that can of worms again after it's been shut for so long.

Thing about this mod:  I always find myself coming back to it (after playing others) because of the HUGE variety of nations and the different Troop types. 

Best to you guys...still playing occasionally...for now.

9. Subitai

Bug Reports

Agrippa91 said:
    Hi!
    Sometimes when I kill 2 opponents in a tournament but get knocked out I don't get the money even though I did bet that I would make 2 points. This only happens like every second time when I get knocked out.

I wondered that as well but I think that if you get knocked out....you lose a point.  So in effect you've only earned 1 point.  Perhaps I'm wrong about that though.
  10. Subitai

Upgrading troops in stacks?!?

Just checking dude...but holding (ctrl) key down whilst left clicking (or shift) doesn't do it for you?
  11. Subitai

Bug Reports

thewanderingknight said:
    Subitai said:
    I haven't read through this entire Bug Thread so apologies if this has been reported:

I think there is a "Water Crossing" problem similar to a problem that we had in Europe 1200 where the AI lords all get stuck in certain crossing point. 

Here in spoiler I have included some pics:
    mb7_1.jpg

mb6.jpg

Basically, it seems that King Baldwin and many of his lords have been stuck in this spot for a long time.  You can see that the lords icon for horses are >>> Moving >>> i.e. running, so they are trying to move away but they are stuck and not going anywhere.   

On this particular river bank there is a small "Bump out of a beach"...perhaps that is a place where AI lords get stuck?

Isn't that an old version? It shall have been fixed already.

oh yeah...sorry I forgot about that.  :oops:
  12. Subitai

Wish it could be on Wii U as well

Not complaining as I've been enjoying M&B since 2008,    it's just that although i'm primarily a pc player...my kids have the Wii U and they were talking about being able to swing and block with the hand remotes and ride or shoot as an archer.  I gotta admit, that'd be awesome. Do you think...
  13. Subitai

(5)Txt Tweaks for Sands of Faith Updated 09-13-2016

Dude, thanks for making my thread sticky...:smile:  Europe1200 guys never did that for me.... :cry:
  14. Subitai

Bug Reports

I haven't read through this entire Bug Thread so apologies if this has been reported:

I think there is a "Water Crossing" problem similar to a problem that we had in Europe 1200 where the AI lords all get stuck in certain crossing point. 

Here in spoiler I have included some pics:
    mb7_1.jpg

mb6.jpg

Basically, it seems that King Baldwin and many of his lords have been stuck in this spot for a long time.  You can see that the lords icon for horses are >>> Moving >>> i.e. running, so they are trying to move away but they are stuck and not going anywhere.   

On this particular river bank there is a small "Bump out of a beach"...perhaps that is a place where AI lords get stuck? 
  15. Subitai

This page Reserved for possible future txt tweaks
  16. Subitai

17. Subitai

18. Subitai

Hey Guys, I got permission from "thewanderingknight" himself to do a tweak thread kinda the same way I did for Europe1200.  Really, what this is about is trying to make it SUPER easy for people to apply the tweaks by placing them in spoilers.  Of course all the numbers and text will be...
  19. Subitai

General Discussion and Suggestions

Btw I'm very sure this tweak above  would work in the latest version.  Unless the last dialog # were changed....(which most likely were not) All I would need to do is replace with newer numbers.  Otherwise its easy to implement now that I've found them. Easy fix :grin:
Back
Top Bottom