Search results for query: *

1. Keterex

Your Charachter Background & Screenshots Topic

I like your style of game play.

Take a game seriously and you will have some serious fun.

2. Keterex

1866 Quick Battle Video Playthrough

Thanks for the vids.

You actually got me pumped up again for the mod ( The music is awsome).
  3. Keterex

China 2050

4 degrees is a huge change. A seriously huge change.

Go watch discovery channel and pretend its school.
  4. Keterex

Why did hitler declare war on stalin?

He expected a war with russia. He struck first...lost.

Stalin had made plans to invade europe as soon as he could at the outbreak of WW2 . ( and they were just plans since the red army at the time was seriously fracked up)

Stalin was actually shocked the germans attacked first.

A russian offensive on germany would not have drawn the people in.

They were brutally attacked and had no option but fierce defence.

Hindsight for the win.

( no offense but it is kind of good that hitler lost)
  5. Keterex

Your favourite historical personality

Not every ruler is a general or a conqueror.

There are some who do silly crap like sanitation, irrigation and libraries.
  6. Keterex

Favourite Historical Elite Soldiers

This is a bit of a non-ending question.

Best army = best morale.

Discuss
  7. Keterex

China 2050

Made in japan used to mean crap. They are doing ok now.
    Then it was China.
    Now its India.

Australia exploits its resources, they expolit their skills and numbers.
    They will get to the same place eventually.

China controls both its monetary and fiscal policy on a very short leash. To call them a free market is simply a joke. They are just now much better at bribes.
  8. Keterex

Stephen Hawking Warn Mankind

Soil said:
    The problem is if we're supposed to be the most intelligent why would the aliens be the first to find us, then?

The universe is quite old

He never says that, An alien race visiting us though would have to massively more advanced. 2 thousand years ago a steel sword was "cutting" edge, 2 thousand years from now even scifi authors only dream about. 1.2 million years from now we probably wouldn't even recognize us. Humans are only on the start of their journey ( Honestly as time compresses human history, we will be almost considered "the start")
  9. Keterex

China 2050

It is a power but a lot depends on how it handles the inevitable social change it has to undergo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989

I am old enough to remember watching that. Later on I found out one of the students was executed for arson ( Burning a bonfire). Sobering stuff.
  10. Keterex

Stephen Hawking Warn Mankind

He is a bit contrary when he says aliens are most likely nothing like us then compares them to spanish conquistadors.

Honestly I find it funny how most scfi-fantasy has humans as the average jack of all trades when in fact we could very well be the Klingon or Vulcans of this universe.

P.S. maybe he just hates how most UFO's don't have wheelchair access :smile:
  11. Keterex

thirteen

colour ...Hang on that isn't a typo
  12. Keterex

"My theory" - by Anne Elk (Miss)

Oooh thinks looks fun :wink:

[/quote]
    Yes. Ageing is caused due to the damage and death of cells. If, as you claimed, they were doing this due to a genetic instruction, then that would in fact be suicide. Amazingly enough, they're not. There is absolutely no part of the genetic code which compels cells to arbitrarily self destruct, that tends to happen when something goes wrong.
    You are spot on and also quite wrong.

A good guide is the faster an animal metabolises the faster it dies for the above mentioned reason. Some trees can live for thousands of years, some lichens they don't even know since the growth is so slow.

Fact is if you believe in evolution then after a new generation is born there is less "need" of the older generation ( Since they are fixed in their traits). Dying of old age is something that is very rare in nature and hence isn't dealt with well. ( A hot chick doesn't go,"wow look how old he has got, I've got to have that")
  13. Keterex

Does anyone else do this?

Sure

Unlike the AI I am able to choose what is best for any given situation.

The only limiter is ammo type/ammount. ( The bigger the battle the less choice you can have to feed them)

Personally I don't like going in with more than 2 weapons and usually only use 1 ( with some dynamite for when opportunity calls)
  14. Keterex

4-4-0 American (almost doesn't look like M&B)

Very nice work!

The first train picture actually had me fooled for a moment as a real model until I saw the gravel and said, "HAH, this is a computer model....ohh"

My 2 cents throw a touch of dirt around. A slightly ragged uniform can actually look more real than a parade ground one. ( Although having many units with the same travel stains looks worse)
  15. Keterex

Trade between settlements?

Great news about hides.

That way I can run Devils water and guns to the natives and furs and hides to the USA
  16. Keterex

LeMat Carbine

snidervolley said:
    ther is a telling antique photo i have seen of a shooter trading a colt revolving rifle for a spencer and the guys hand is all wrapped after having a chain fire in the colt "OUCH!!!"
    but  if you follow protocall its as safe as any other gun , seal each chamber carfully on top of bullet and never put your hand forward of the cylinder

Not being able to place a hand in front of the chamber safely would seem to negate most the aiming advantage of a long gun IMO.

By the why, what does sealing a chamber mean? (excuse my ignorance)
  17. Keterex

Does this happen to anyone else?

Aim high for short/long shots.

It might not be instantly intuitive but you get used to it

( If there was bullet splash it would make it much easier to adjust but I don't use the reticule to aim for close shots, you just get a "feel" )
  18. Keterex

multibarrel crank fire machine guns

The tech was there but it was deemed as "unsustainable"

recently I read up on Airguns in the Austrian army ( 1810)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_Air_Rifle

Napoleon hated them.

19. Keterex

Quick start tips for 1866

realfear said:
    Keterex said:
    Natives in siege battles are super simple to beat ( Hill fort ). Stand way back and plonk away... their arrows are crap at that range. Break siege and repeat. 30 men can take out 150 easy with you seriously killing half. ( This with a high injury stat which means that nearly 75 % of your casualties will be only injured where all theirs will be kills... a few hours rest and repeat )
    This seems to be the exact opposite when the natives siege. My army of about 40 (all a medium-high rank too) men got beat down by what seemed to be a less ranked army of less then 10 less in size.
    It sucks Especially how they seem to REALLY want to charge

"HOLD YOUR GROUND AND FIRE SOLDIER! :twisted:"
    "F**k you! :evil: I'm gonna go and bash their heads in!"

10 beat your 40?... Where were you :wink:

Fort defence is a bit tricky at times( In native a few tanks at the ladder head could keep them busy and dying for hours). In your situation maybe let them take the high ground after a few shots then fall back and plonk away at them at a distance as they breach the wall with a couple skirmishers on the sides. A dynamite as they bunch never hurts either)

20. Keterex

Random stream review of sorts im drunk

AaronJBC said:
    I remember my first beer.

when i was 17, i drank some very good beer
    i drank some very good beer i purchased with a fake ID
    my name was brian mckee, i stayed up listening to Queen
    when i was 17...

OT, I think he is saying that he enjoyed playing 1866 but the game doesn't have million dollar production values. Which leads me to my question to the mod devs, " Where are these millions you are paid going?" :smile:

Back
Top Bottom