Search results for query: *

1. Shredzorz

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Slytacular said:
    @shredzorz, that is pretty sexy! What is your art workflow on it? The hatch on the back is a little weird to me. If you want some pretty cool ideas for spacecraft and things generally sci-fi with plausible science and math proof to back some theories up, check out http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/ (scroll all the way to the bottom to look at the different topics).
    Thanks, and that website is really cool.

I start by modeling a high poly in Blender. I'm not very good at sculpting, so I usually do stuff the old fashioned way unless it's an organic model, which I rarely do. Then, I do the low poly. Depending on the model, that might involve just removing some modifiers from the high poly and deleting some edgeloops, or it might mean redoing the topology from scratch. Once I get it unwrapped and baked, I make a Material ID in Photoshop and import everything into Substance Painter. After I get the materials set up, I add more details like the lines between panels (whatever you call those) and rivets by painting on a height layer. Finally, I render it in Cycles within Blender.
  2. Shredzorz

Ok, here's a reworked version of the high poly. No textures or anything yet.

jpMj9F9.png

I think it has enough of its own identity now, while still looking NASA-ish. I'm still open to suggestions though if anyone has any ideas.
  3. Shredzorz

Yeah, it was pretty heavily inspired by the Dream Chaser. Do you think it's too much, or can I get away with it? :razz:

I wanted it to look like it was sort of from the same family, but you're right, it's probably too close. I'll play around with the shape a little and come back.
  4. Shredzorz

This is going to be one of the main playable ships in the game project I'm working on.

k5njiIA.png

UamK8St.png
  5. Shredzorz

I honestly didn't realize anyone here remembered me. All I did was abandon a couple ambitious but rubbish mods several years ago. :razz:

Anyway, I've been working on a game in Unity for the past 3 years or so. Here's a screenshot of a thing from it, to keep with the theme of the thread:

iS8RB5b.jpg
  6. Shredzorz

Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Lovecraft. I love your work.
  7. Shredzorz

You can paint height maps in Substance Painter. Or you can draw it in Photoshop and then import it into SP. Black is no height, white is full height. The height map then gets added to the normal map automatically, after you apply it to a layer and adjust the height slider.

In a situation like this, it would save a step and potentially look better as well.
  8. Shredzorz

What are you listening to right now? Mark IV.

Densetsu said:
    Yes, legendary!

The Genesis had the best music.

9. Shredzorz

Your Bike

Hey, just because I own a scooter doesn't mean I swing that way. Jeez, this must be what it feels like to own a Miata.
  10. Shredzorz

Your Bike

Hey guys, check out my sweet ride.

vy5bb8.jpg
  11. Shredzorz

say cheese

Angelsachsen said:
    Isn't The Trooper and all that stuff just a load of shouting, frenetic strumming and drum bashing? :razz:
    oh jeez
  12. Shredzorz

5 Nights at Freddy's

I'm just glad someone has finally acknowledged how creepy really ugly 90's looking CG is.
  13. Shredzorz

Just downloaded the Marmoset Toolbag 2 trial and have been having fun trying to make some things look pretty. Here's a sci-fi pistol I started working on a while ago and am just now getting around to finishing.

50lx7v.jpg

The design was heavily inspired by the Beretta U22 Neos.
  14. Shredzorz

Reyne said:
    Dragonstone armors n°2: plate
    plate+mail
    244076plate11.png

876775plate12.png
    plate+padding
    407759plate2.png
    lord plate
    236449lord.png

Credit to Bilwit for the breastplate
    I'd say brighten 'em up slightly and increase the overall contrast. What they really need though is a nice specular map. Making that metal appropriately shiny would have a dramatic effect. Also, I don't remember quite what the armors looked like in the show, but they could really use a touch of color somewhere. Anywhere. Even just giving the metal the slightest tint of blue would be an improvement. Keep in mind that nothing in real life is perfectly black and white. You're on the right track though.
  15. Shredzorz

Adding a new weapon to Mount and Blade

TheIBlackIDeath said:
    Ok here's my second attempt. Getting a much better feel for the program, but still not sure why when I try to merge all the objects, the mirror effect on the handle disappears. Thanks for tips Jacob. Not sure about how to texture, but once I texture this I'll be ready to try to insert it in the game. http://imageshack.us/f/23/ku8r.png/
    That happens because all the modifiers get erased except for the ones on the actively selected object. So, for example, let's say you have a blade and a hilt, and the hilt is mirrored but the blade isn't. If you select the hilt, then select the blade, and then merge the objects, the mirror modifier would be erased. If you want to merge the objects, you should apply all the modifiers first.
  16. Shredzorz

Clicking on a 3D plane

Don't worry about using operations from WSE; my mod already has WSE implemented.

Parties on my world map aren't represented by single map icon. Rather, everything in the party has a scene prop that is spawned when the mission starts. I don't see how this is relevant though. :razz:

I'm currently using the cast_ray operation to get the position on the map that the camera is looking at. It's just that this method isn't at all intuitive for the player to control his party with. This whole clicking this isn't strictly necessary for the mod, but it would be a huge improvement on any of the other ideas I can think of. Worst case scenario, I'll probably just make a mini-map presentation for the player to click on.
  17. Shredzorz

Clicking on a 3D plane

Somebody said:
    Are you trying to translate a position on some arbitrary presentation into somewhere on the world map's coordinate system?
    Basically, yeah.

My world map is just a scene though. It's not the actual world map.
  18. Shredzorz

Clicking on a 3D plane

So I'm basically creating my own "world map" for my mod from scratch. It's more or less the same concept as the Native singleplayer world map, although it's completely flat. The only roadblock I've run into is party movement. Just like in singleplayer, I want to be able to click any point I...
  19. Shredzorz

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

So I've got these two weird bugs that seemed to come out of nowhere, and I cannot for the life of me get rid of them.

The first one is fairly minor, but very strange. The troop tableau on the multiplayer profile screen (the screen with the host and join buttons) has messed up face keys. I haven't edited the tableau code at all, and I'm not sure when this started happening. I don't even know where to begin to try to fix it.

The other bug is much more serious. Whenever a player is killed in multiplayer, the game crashes. It doesn't seem to happen when a bot is killed; only a player. Again, I'm not sure when this started happening. I've tried commenting out every single piece of code in the mission template except for the most basic possible version of the spawning code, but nothing has worked. Even weirder is that every once in a while it'll work fine for the entire time, even after starting new scenes.

It's also worth pointing out that I've deleted pretty much everything from my module system that I don't need that doesn't serve a hardcoded purpose. It's very barebones. So it's very possible I deleted something I shouldn't have. Although, I don't remember deleting any more things from Native in between when the mod worked and when these bugs started happening. Also, I'm using Warband 1.153 and WSE 3.1.5.

Edit: Oh, I should also mention that the face keys on the profile screen do change based on the face keys of the character. They just don't get set to the right thing. And the faces look fine in-game.

Here's what it says in my WSE crash log:

> Info
    Time: 10/11/2013 13:27:05
    Type: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005, 0x00000000, 0x3869F314)
    > Stack trace
    0x005379E3 mb_warband.exe+0x1379E3 (??+0x0)
    0x005379E3 mb_warband.exe+0x1379E3 (??+0x0)
    > Scripting context
    Statement block: Mission Template [6] mst_cantina Trigger [10] Consequences
    Statement: 9
    Opcode: 1755
    >
    Opcode 1755 is remove_agent, which is due to a little script I made to kill myself faster so I could test this faster.

Edit 2: Oh, never mind about the profile face key bug. It was caused by having accidentally deleted the tf_hero flag from the profile troops. :razz:

Edit 3: Well, I seem to have fixed the crashing by moving around some random bits of code. Still don't know how or why that bug existed, but I'm glad that it's fixed for now.
  20. Shredzorz

[WB] Warband Script Enhancer v3.2.0 (21/07/2013)

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
    Operation work's fine... at least it worked fine in 3.1.5. There must be something wrong with your code. Try adding one more troop after "multiplayer_profile_troop_female" troop and set it's skin to the skin you want. From what I recall this operation used troop entries instead of just skins.
    Wow, that worked perfectly. I can't believe that was all I needed to do this whole time. :smile:

Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom