Search results for query: *

1. Gryffindor

[Wanted] Volunteer Testers

Lord of Shadows said:
    Here or in Bugs topic.
    T.L.S. said:
    Reports via PM or in this topic?

You can publish your reports here, or in the official bug reports topic, here I will keep an eye on it, also will the developers.

Michadr said:
    I will be unitizing this thread> http://perisnoforum.comuf.com/index.php?topic=63.0
    for a bug (and fixes) list for this testing version ONLY, and it will keep the clutter down around here.

Also a good choice.

T.L.S. said:
    standalone
    hardly imagine patches near 3 Gb (unpacked)...

Aye, torrents download 3 GB net faster, but. If you have a decent connection it's almost the same.

Note:
    An hour of testing so far, my fps is cold in hell, I'll be needing to improve my specs a little, if anyone has a good comp, be sure test battles in rows, see if the A.I is using it, factions seems to be behaving normally, even if it is a test version,  there seems to be a lot of hunting parties moving around the map, it's quite fun to kill animals :lol:

I'll be looking into the Dwarven faction "message" bugs in the next hour, seems to appear randomly here.
  2. Gryffindor

Alright, we've got enough people for now, and we have a version to test, please keep in mind this is NOT a playable version, it's a test version, the playable version will come next, those interested in testing please check the main commentaries, for further information on the directives.

Please, check the first post for more information, thank you all for your interest.
  3. Gryffindor

scotywest said:
    I'll test \o

Welcome. I'm still trying to put everything in order, so test the actual version before I put the testing version online.

Ravhasin said:
    can I join as well? I haven't got much experience in modding as well.

Of course you can Join, play the game and publish any reports of your findings, I will put a testing version online for all to test soon.

telume said:

If you have any questions on the directives, or anything,  feel free to ask.

Lord of Shadows said:
    Gryffindor said:
    Reports suggest that some factions when relations increase to green or neutral they would still chase players and attack, but they wouldn't give players the option to fight, only to surrender.
    That would be the outlaws/bandits. And the option is only to leave, not to surrender.
    I will try to make some screenshots.

Please, do that, I'm waiting a reply from Michadr about a Test version I can upload here so I can give all the volunteers the latest version, but if there anything of note in the playable version, please, note them and publish a report for us.

T.L.S. said:
    Gladly volunteering. And not only because i don't want to die Have some alfa\pre-beta testing experience.

Welcome, I will soon upload a testing version as mentioned, but test the playable version as well and see if there's anything that needs polished and publish your reports.

To all:

Everyone is welcome to join and be a volunteer, you don't really need "permission", but having access to the latest of perisno, it is at least expected of you to publish at least 2 or more reports, it can help us polish the module, make the game smoother and more enjoyable for all.

And of course, if someone volunteered just to have access to the latest version and avoided helping us smash bugs, I'm going to hex you, you bastard.
  4. Gryffindor

Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Oldtimer said:
    "Dear devs, why not use simple logic and rid yourself of the problem by having a simple Slaver faction and maybe a hidden slave market where you could trade your prisoners."

I'm assure you, that is in the list of Bugs, and many, many.. other problems, the developers are working to solve.

To all:
    Please, if you can, draw a list of of bugs you've noted and publish them, either in the bug report topic, or perhaps, in the volunteer topic so I can put it as a "goal" for our testers to look for it and publish their findings, that can save us a lot of time so we can better attend to player reports and feature suggestions, and of course, polish the module even more.

deryoung said:
    Hi all
    so I have destroy Tolrania, yet there are no message saying Tolrania is no more after a week.

What do I need to do?

That usually happens in the native as well, you must wait all the lords to be converted or the script to kick in, it's because they still have armies and can retake cities/castles, or perhaps they're sieging somewhere. So the game, kinda gives them a "chance"..

Lord of Shadows said:
    From my knowledge, no. You will not be buddies. I think they will still chase you, but you can't fight them. That's kinda annoying.
    That's, at least, what happened to me.

Are you sure you can't fight them? you can just surrender? that's quite a issue..
  5. Gryffindor

Lord of Shadows said:
    You mean 0.611? Yes.

No.

Wrong version, I will give you a link when Michadr fixes the latest bug and puts it online, or perhaps, erm.. I will look into, I'll see if the others can upload a version strictly for testings here.

Vendi86 said:
    I don't have a lot of experience making mods but I have played most of them and can probably recognize a bug when I see it.  I'll be volunteer #2 for testing.

Welcome, I'll count on you too,  I will look into a testing version and put it here, so you all can perhaps, download it and publish your reports, if you have any futher questions on the directives, just ask.

6. Gryffindor

Lord of Shadows said:
    I'm the volunteer number 1. :smile: I don't want to die.

Aye, I'll include you in the cadre, heed herewith, there will be new testing goals soon, if any of the developers/administrators wish add something, or edit, please, do so.

If you have any questions feel free to let us know about it, meanwhile, observe the current goals, publish any reports and findings you have discovered.

Also, do you have access to the latest module version?
  7. Gryffindor

Latest Report:
    Investigating Faction Relations, hostile factions shifts, increase and decrease of player relations with factions.

Notes:
    Reports suggest that some factions when relations increase to green or neutral they would still chase players and attack, but they wouldn't give players the option to fight, only to surrender. An very frustrating bug that I will be researching and giving the results to the Developers.

We've got work to do, this is the TESTING version of the upcoming next module version, not the playable version though, for those enthusiastic, it comes with a few bugs, as expected, we'll crush these bugs, and make them disappear!

Known module version bugs:
    -Dwarven Faction is not done, game script assumes it's player faction and sends some messages about stewards.
    -Developers are saying that Rhino Hunting parties are bugged, be careful around them, or test them when possible, like a movie motto, if it bleeds, it can be killed :twisted:

Goals:
    -Test A.I Behavior, formation usage, we have new features such as rows, test them.
    -Free Testing, that is; You're set to test this testing version as you deem fit, and publish your reports about your findings, that is; Bugs, Glitches, Errors, Fps drops, anything that can come of note, you don't need to be a sherlock holmes, but you're Perisno detective, solve these cases. officer.
    -Observe the Dwarven Faction behavior, they are not finished, and aren't supposed to have parties or anything a lord would do, as far I can tell.
    -Publish your reports, even if there's another report about the same error, we've all got unique perceptions, try to discuss your findings with each other when possible.
    -Give us your suggestions, where should this be put? what could be improved? what kind of music this scenario needs? your input is most valuable to us.

NEW TESTING MODULE VERSION:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9oIWrUvHufJYjNaWnNHMnZqLTg/edit?usp=sharing

I wouldn't discuss the process involved in putting 1G of files online, If anyone knows how to create a Torrent p2p share archive so we can test the new version without murdering our internet access would be great, if interested, express your interest to @Michadr.

The real work has begun, remember, the Perisno Team is counting on you, if we strain one person to do alone what several capable minds can, he wouldn't be able, that's what volunteerism is for it's a honorable calling, human, everyone working together towards a bigger goal, our greatest achievement is yet to come, words hardly express the thankfulness of our team, but thank you, thank you for your time.

Misc music edit:

Note: we'll be using some T.S.F.H songs in the future as we have permission to do so in our projects, many will fall into faction songs, other will be in Perisno just because they're so damn awesome, I hope you enjoy, this is not the BEST playlist around youtube, but has many personal favorites in it.

25 - Earth Rising (0:00)
    24 - Exodus (3:27)
    23 - Forces Of Destiny (7:00)
    22 - Strength Of A Thousand Men (9:35)
    21 - Birth Of A Hero (11:5:cool:
    20 - Norwegian Pirate (14:15)
    19 - After The Fall (17:17)
    18 - Love & Loss (19:50)
    17 - Starfall (22:00)
    16 - United We Stand, Divided We Fall (25:15)
    15 - Black Blade (29:20)
    14 - Flameheart (32:20)
    13 - Moving Mountains (34:10)
    12 - Dragon Rider (37:23)
    11 - Fatal Fury (39:10)
    10 - Nemesis (42:10)
    9 - Invincible (43:33)
    8 - False King (46:2:cool:
    7 - Freedom Fighter (48:49)
    6 - Tristan (51:16)
    5 - The Last Stand (53:55)
    4 - Archangel (56:49)
    3 - Protectors Of The Earth (59:30)
    2 - Heart of Courage (1:02:22)
    1 - To Glory (1:04:2:cool:

-RESERVED- <--- Note to Self: sir, I think you've reached a limit.

8. Gryffindor

Testers (7) 1) Equinoxdawg 2) T.L.S. 3) Shidan 4) gsanders 5) Cider 6) Pikalyze 7) Strawberry_Lisa
  9. Gryffindor

Discussion + Suggestions

Well.. I wouldn't worry much about items, that's all I can say about the next version  :mrgreen:
  10. Gryffindor

Discussion + Suggestions

Oldtimer said:
    Hi all,

NO 2-handed weapons on horseback for ANYONE! EVER! Period.

Rgds, Oldtimer

habeo123 said:
    We've already banned some 2 handed weapons on horseback. Things that excess 130 length shouldn't be able to swing on horse with the exceptions of Legendary weapons.

Oooooooooooohhhhhhhh, Seriously!? how is it that I am going to sate my urges of becoming mounted medieval rambo now? Having a two-meters-handed greatsword and a pony is all I ever wanted of Mount & Blade.. I already invested all my intelligence points in strength so I can up my Power strike to 10 so I could berserk all perisno :'(

I am so sad now.......

Imma murder some poor bandits because of that!! and maby raid som' villages in da way too
  11. Gryffindor

Discussion + Suggestions

Cool armor.
  12. Gryffindor

Discussion + Suggestions

Wow, I wasn't aware this conversation was escalating, I was just being sincere on the situation, not sparring or discussing in anyway, I'll admit I like to write random stuff, but it's entirely for the pleasure of reading and expressing my opinion, i didn't mean to undermine nothing in anyway.

Would be nice if you could learn these poems for free, like in Galwe library, gather as many books as possible, spend time there, more varieties of book would also be good, story telling stuff, chronicles of Perisno, story of factions, perhaps. But not freely, perhaps you'll need to join the scholar society in there, do some chores, whatnot, gain some benefits for befriending them, and few other perks beside having access to the library content, access to a repository of knowledge will surely be extremely beneficial, perhaps it could teach players a lot, better odds at gambling, having access to such library could allow players to read books faster, gain buffs, special perks, even some quests for legendary items, relics, written in old tomes, Knowledge is power, harken to this :mrgreen:

Oldtimer, I'm sorry if my commentary might have had some negative impact on you, I swear, wasn't my intention.

-Gryff.
  13. Gryffindor

Discussion + Suggestions

Two Steps from Hell songs, were suggested in the past, I assume it had some sort of legal issue?
  14. Gryffindor

Discussion + Suggestions

Thanks Joshua!

Well, aren't you people romantic? truly, more features about wives seems like a fair something-to-do, but remember, we're on a medieval paradigm, "rape", "consummation" were really the deal of our old brethren, being romantic and landlord were quite rare. Well, unless you're french, that is  :wink:

Tea, oh yeah more stuff to do with ladies, you don't have to just read poetry to them to "increase" the likeness of getting a wife to throw parties for lords you don't like much, having a wife comes to a paradigm known as "family", GoT explores that, "Duty" and "Family", both equally unique and in constant strife, you can serve your kingdom throughly and forget about family, Mount and Blade Warband puts such a void in it, you're obligated to serve the kingdom you're a vassal for, or the kingdom you rule, caring little for the cares of humble family life. Which is terribly odd as lords of old times, specially Leaders and Kings, they would care more about heirs to their house than duty to the kingdom.

Erm.. GoT, I read the books, and I don't recommend comparing them to the TV series, also don't search GoT Wikies.
  15. Gryffindor

Discussion + Suggestions

Copyright's just a b*tch, even trying to be creative has it's negative parts, in my opinion, custom troops should be player created orders like in PoP, Michadr has showed interest for this sorta of thing and player created troops trees seems messy even if immersive, in PoP you created your own order bit by bit, not an "whole new faction" I'd say; leave the factions alone and add player made household troops, that ought be a good do-able alternative and somewhat neat.

Oldtimer, some things are hardly logical, and we're in testing stages of Perisno, mentally, you can project the "feel" that the world is hard and unrewarding, there is a lot to do yet, we've just compacted a lot of resources, and made it fit together in this flow we call World of Perisno, to follow the tide is a must, you can make several boats, but if it can't survive waterfalls, they're just useless.

Pragmatic, a prognostic that we must ignore the flaws of the gem until the gemcutter comes to shape it, we can design what form may it so take, but only the gemcutter can maketh it as we desire in his edge of skill.
    metaphor: Having the gem, is more important than having a costly masterpiece. In time we might have both.

To have such "plausible consistence", we must have a ground, which we have currently, observing the path Perisno took in the past, from what it is now, that's a sure "feet-on-ground" for us, a playable version, of course, it has flaws, but that's humane feel about it, it is imperfect still, none of the devs are machines fabricating something, they're putting time in Perisno, harken to it, even if some stuff seems outta-place not-here o'there.
  16. Gryffindor

The Bezoar Amulet - Progress Report Thread

scrdest said:
    Seeing as S&S is really not shiny happy, I suggest you make the nominally 'Good' side, along with you the (Anti!)-Hero, instigate the Calradian equivalent of Witch Hunts. Gotta keep the grimdark levels steady!

Point.

and I second that.

Although Antiheros can still learn the dark arts, dark good? hmm, a good example of Shine and Shade Doctrines.
  17. Gryffindor

Discussion + Suggestions

Oldtimer said:
    Hi,

been playing Perisno for a while and have some remarks:

- game punishes player heavily for not immediately investing in strength and leadership for quite some time from start. IMO any character build should be viable as it improves role-playing aspects.

- faction relations are unrealistic and/or bugged. Examples: demons are pursued by redwoods. I`m a redwood merc, attack demons and pursuing redwoods don`t join. Lymbardians, Eagles, Legionnaires and whatnot seem to be left alone by all regular troops.
    Amazons AFAIU the lore are friendly or at least neutral to redwoods. But they still hunt me, a redwood merc.
    If the reason for this is to increase challenge, I say it`s a fake challenge. Player will with time become strong enough to deal with these problems anyway, but immersion is compromised from the start. Fantasy + realism = believable and immersive.
    Why not have skill triggered options in dialogues? Like high charisma gives a chance to talk oneself out of a tight spot? Or buy oneself out. Gender giving bonuses or maluses to player in some situations?

- all troops having same proficiencies is a vanilla design flaw no one addresses. Archers being as skilled in polearms as archery are not very plausible. Diversifying this will force the player to give much more thought to troop composition and perhaps pursue different approaches to field army and garrison setup.

Have no doubt, I think Perisno is a great achievement already, but IMO some features need a thorough rethink.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Michadr said it himself.

Some areas of Perisno are harder to start, the Redwood elves have one of the hardest areas to start a new game or play, I don't know why as I don't get involved with them much, might be the woods, forests, y'know, fairies tend to be crazy, too much time spent on the forest yourself might be getting a little hippie, peace.

Whilst the Maccavian lands are safe and easy, in my point of view, depends on player perspective on wether how he or she wants to play, for a start, myself I prefer to play safe rather than getting owned by OP units at start, building up my economy, getting an good income then building armies and relations, a wannable mastermind trying to conquer the whole world.

What you'd expect? dragons run loose, either you have an army of trained killers which are costly, or you play safe. Or alone, I myself find tempting to get a good horse and a two meters sword and rush everything like if I was some medieval rambo. Conan more likely, thinking too much hurts sometimes, or unless you choose to play more tactical, being a virtual Sun Tzu, Perisno seems to reward you well.

Of course, in this version the game lacks some ways to make aurums, but surely in the future you will have tons of ways to turn anything into gold (Aurum)

Assuming we're talking one of the earliest versions of Perisno, it's a sure mark that some stuff are underthought, it's early,  some features are appearing, whilst some are in the forge.

Patientia, Frater.
  18. Gryffindor

The Skin Poppet - Suggestions

Untitled. said:
    I can never quite get over how much that looks like a mutilated black penis.

Hahahaha! that's on your mind of course, it tastes delicious, but if you think it's a penis.. well.. don't eat it, no pun intended, it's a blood sausage anyway. If you eat it thinking it's a penis, you're more cannibal than you think.

Weird.. that's very weird. Such perspective. Wow.
  19. Gryffindor

I hope I'm getting a Creative License  :twisted:

How about Blood Sausages? they are quite a delicacy here and ate at the weekend, they look seldom easy to make in modding terms and are, way too much delicious, BLOOD.
    They look like a black sausage, mixed with garlic and many other seasonings, flavoured. Animal blood and meat, put inside a fleshly sac and then fried or roasted has many ways to make, it's a widely known dish and very rustic, invented so loooooooong ago, it has so many names but the taste is the same I assure you, but the process might be differ and somehow make the taste somewhat different, I made several to see what was best.

A little knowledge:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_sausage
    http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-blood-sausage.htm

Image:
    bar-do-mineiro-chouric3a7o.jpg

Where this could be put in the game? huh? I know what you're thinking, Cannibal Blood Sausage of death!!! made with human blood and flesh, can keep the undead and units moral at highs, goes well with Bloodwine.

Took my time to think about this, think it's possible? oh this will make me very happy if put in S&S  :mrgreen:
  20. Gryffindor

The black unicorns from the region I hail are often demarked by folklore scholars as "carnivorae mammale", carnivorous and even cannibal "Anti-tribu" atop even of it's own species. Perhaps a dominant cadre, the ruling ones?

I kinda like the manticore you've put together tho, but shouldn't it be kinda more.. mythic looking? perhaps with furs and whatnot, mane. I only searched manticores because of the synergy with greek mythology of the antihero, but the Zeus favorable creatures are the pegasi, or the black "pegasus"..

I like hippogryphs, but many mistake them for gryphons, hippogryps have horse bodies and a falcon head and wings, while Gryphons have lion body, tail and eagle head with wings.

Many also mistake wyrms for dragons, if you played skyrim, they make such mistake.
    Dragons are the dominant malevolent spirits of the abyss, utterly evil overlords. The Dragons of fantasy though, have many powers, often elemental, frost dragons, flame dragons, shock dragons and others, the difference between wyrms is that dragons have legs and arms bigger wings, wyverns have legs but their arms are on their wings, and are small and sometimes more skinny than the Dragons, but lesser, perhaps hatchlings? both are draconic, and wyverns is also refered as dragon even if it not actually a "Dragon"

I like the chimeras though it is completely weird, a snake head for tail, a goat and a lion head? sounds deadly.

And I ranted a lot, I need more hydromel, but in true, I love all this, has been the work of my life til this point, I studied some of it on my own, I may be wrong I may be right.

Back
Top Bottom