Search results for query: *

1. Volkier

should i use the demo cracks

What the heck? Does anyone ever use common sense any more? Would you go to a bank, go up to the teller, and politely ask "Would you think I should make an account with you, or rob you guys at a gun-point? I'm kind of hesitant on deciding at the moment so I would like some outsider feedback"? Or ask if you could deposit the $1000 you've just stole from the store down the road for that matter? These are official forums for crap's sake.

OP and sanjak - you have both been muted for obvious reasons. The admin crew can decide upon your fates. For everyone else - if you are unsure if asking about cracks on the official forums is a good idea, read the forum rules.
  2. Volkier

Britney is back...*****es!

The joy of seeing you once again has rendered me speechless. I humbly salute you.

EDIT:
    Wait a minute - this doesn't sound right... I meant to say

Welcome Back - We ****ing missed ya!
  3. Volkier

Unrealistic usage of bows while mounted.

If it bugs you that much, then why simply not use it? Just because you can wear a full suit of armor and use a warbow while romping around on a charger doesn't mean you should do it if you are trying to re-create a simulation. Besides, I'm with Arch on this - the amount of skill points it takes for you to invest in it, pretty much makes you a competent enough - and it would not make any more sense whatsoever if someone suddenly said you cannot carry X because you are sitting on a horse. Realistically, you might not want to carry it, but the gods don't smite you the moment you dare touch a war-bow while sitting on a horse in reality either.

So on that argument - should it take more skills and be a lot more difficult to aim with one? yes - but it already is - as explained earlier, through your horse-archery skills. If anything, I personally use a smaller bow myself (and a lighter armour) because - well I can - and because it's faster, and because you can hold your aim for longer etc. etc. There are more than enough advantages which realistically portray the... well... reality imho.
  4. Volkier

Snooooow

Come visit me LL, our summer has just started in the southern Hemisphere. Was a bloody nice and warm day today. Going to take the boat down to the river for a bit of 'not as quite white' water rafting tomorrow after work me thinks ::razz:
  5. Volkier

us civil war mod

Wrong board. Please refrain from double-posting, as well as please make use of the forum FAQ before you create a new thread in the future. It would make the forums a much more enjoyable, and a less messy place. It will also help your standings with the forum community somewhat ::smile:

Ruthven - there is no need to tell someone to **** off on three separate occasions in three separate topics either. The above comment about refraining from double-posting applies to you just as much.
  6. Volkier

Problems running V.751

What OS are you using? And what are you comp specs? AFAIK, 0.7xx did not have any Vista support whatsoever back then for example.
  7. Volkier

Problem using my serial number

Yes, you are right, you don't need to activate M&B again since you already had it activated on that computer in beta. Bear in mind that if you get a new computer, or have to re-format windows, you will need the key again, so just make sure you don't loose it ::razz:
  8. Volkier

Themida.

Telapicus - chill before you "get owned" for spamming.

schwazy32 - Themida is the copyright protection M&B uses. If you suspect you got hacked, and as such you are having issues, you will most likely have to re-install windows. You can try using an anti-virus to fix your files, but in my experience, once your files begin to corrupt themselves from the virus infestation, it is time for a full format.

Also, as M&B is not an online game, it is literally impossible to 'hack' your computer through the game, as it does not open any ports or communicate with the mysterious realm of 'the internet' in any way or form, and therefore you should not have any problems if you downloaded the game through legitimate means (taleworlds website being the best bet at being one)

EDIT: Merged both of your topics to avoid multiple threads.
  9. Volkier

Anybody run M&B on a worse computer?

Used to run it on my 'old' laptop. 1.8Ghz Celeron Mobile, Intergrated Graphics Media Accelerator (945 or 950 or something like that - can't remember - it's ****) and 512Mb of Ram. Pretty much reasonably low settings, think max battle size I've ran was something like 30 - but the fps was surprisingly not too bad. Around 30-ish during battles and whatnot, with about 40% quality settings (and of course all the extras - such as grass - turned off)
  10. Volkier

Pemanently Banned?

Alex_Augmented said:
    Volke's the only one I miss. Why did he get banned again?

He failed to live up to the expectations of someone with a "Volk" in their name ::razz:
  11. Volkier

Enhancing Horses (updated 26th Jan 2007)

Naring said:
    I have read over your suggestion to enhance the horses and i completely agree with you, However why do you and a team of other create a beta mod to Incorporate your ideas then once you have worked out the the bugs hand it over to the M&B creators to add into the game. 

Because I am completely useless at Python, or any other programming language for that matter. The most I can provide is my experience, and some live horses to play around with. If anyone wants to use that, by all means ::smile:

Bleoberis De Ganis said:
    Sorry if repeating - just registered and I am too lazy to read 33 pages worth.

Thats alright, although you should see all the suggestions mentioned throughout the 33 pages and the rest of the forums in the first 2 posts ::smile: And yes, you are right, and those suggestions should already be mentioned in there ::smile:
  12. Volkier

Armors and weapons can get worn out

Been mentioned in the past, on several occasions actually. There is also the thread in the King's Court. As such, I'll lock this so as we don't have too many active posts on the same topic. Try to do a quick search before hand - and if you think you have something good to add, by all means, add it to the discussion. It would make it easier for everyone else to look at all the threads, not get caught up with repeated suggestions, and will ultimately help the developers take notice of the suggestions ::smile:
  13. Volkier

For example : Vaegirs are better fighter on their snow lands (like homecourt) :P

eugenioso - if you have nothing better than pointless random (and yes - badly spelled) spam to yell out, I suggest you don't post at all.

As for the OP, not too bad of a thought, though personally I'm not a great fan of and would disagree with 'omg, they are on home turf, so they should obviously somehow become stronger and faster' concept. What would be a nice alternative however, is for the equipment that the factions use to have more of an effect on the terrain and weather of their home ground, and vise versa. Though it's already implimented to an extent, (eg. Khergits are generally light(er) armoured for climbing around the hills, and their horses are more maneuverable but supposedly not as effective as the heavily armoured knights on flat terrain) this could be improved on.

So in my opinion, idea overall is not too bad, however the concept of going around it (by simply raising X unit stats depending on where they are at) - I would have to disagree with.
  14. Volkier

buy full version

Guys, I think we all agree that Frodogorn is a horrid ghastly perversion of the game we all love, that it is nowhere near up to the level of Ganbad's work, none of us have any clue whatsoever what the good folks at Paradox where smoking when they made the decision to throw that despicable crap as the game-cover, and yes, I am just as upset as a fair few people in here are about the whole thing, but it is Lord Armagan's decision, and he already did point out that that's unfortunately just the way it is, he is satisfied with it, and he asked us all not to go on an anti-Frodogorn campaign.

So in that light, could we take the whole Frodogorn canning down a notch? It's bad. We know. We all agree. But it's already a done deal, it's already on the cover of a released game. Stating the displeasure over and over and over again is not going to achieve anything. Mentioning it once should be enough without bending almost every discussion on the game towards the mentioned subject, and spreading it around the forums like the plague it is.

If it's all as bad as that, E-Mail Paradox and ask them to release a 'collectors edition' with box art that an M&B fan would like to 'collect'.
  15. Volkier

New Leadership: having the units according to their _tiers_ instead of _numbers_

Aye. I'm opposed to such a system myself, for the reasons mentioned above. It would just seem exceptionally silly that an experienced soldier who has trained with you for a good while would require 'more skill' or 'more resources' to command than someone who has never held a weapon in their life. If anything, this would just feel like a gimmick that is trying to make something simple needlessly more complicated. The current 'numbers' isn't perfect, but it still makes a great deal more sense.

Higher tiered troops would probably eat more, need more pay to repair their 'supposedly' better equipment, and if they have a horse feed and look after the horse too. That, however is already reflected in their wages and the amount of food the party consumes with higher tiered troops (I think at least - although it's hard to say if your food starts to go down quicker as you level troops up, or as you have more people / prisoners come into your party - which generally happens at the same time)
  16. Volkier

Is it so hard to change text or what?

Alright, I reckon this thread has served it's purpose - whether that was to whine, flame, or stimulate the growth and pleasures of one's E-Penis (or E-*****).

Locked.
  17. Volkier

Capes (poll added) HOT HOT HOT TOPIC! VOTE YES! TODAY!

Meh, I feel this might need a lock - even if temporary - to down the spam and off-topic crap.

EDIT: Ok, perhaps I will resist the urge for now until there is more spam, seeing as how this thread has lived for this long. Please, do keep on topic however and give it a rest. There's plenty of topics to spam in on the 'fun stuff' boards..
  18. Volkier

Heraldric Horses

Yep, added to the Enhancing Horses thread, as there where a fair few people (including some in PMs) asking about this. I'll lock the topic for now though, as we are trying to limit the number of active topics on these boards on the same subject.

Welcome to the forums by the way.
  19. Volkier

Horses can fight too.

Yep. You've already mentioned it in the Enhancing horses thread, (for which I thank you) which already does have a few versions of this in the initial posts of the consolidated list of suggestions.

Oh and by the way, war-horses where trained (and still are in the Spanish Riding school, although it's obviously just for show and not actual 'war') to kick out on command, as well as other neat stuff (eg. airs above ground) - which where also originally used in wars - and which where quite very effective. Watch a few of the clips in the already mentioned thread. It's pretty. ::smile:

Locked as the priv council does not require any more topics on the same subject. Poll is left open and un-locked though ::smile:
  20. Volkier

LSP Medieval 2D Art maw's Horse Pack for v.960 and 1.003

maw said:
    ... for that Volk guy...

Awww, I feel so luved all of a sudden ::grin:

Thanks Maw...
    .. and may the horse be with you ..
Back
Top Bottom