Search results for query: *

1. MightyELO

Animals in Bannerlord - Can they fight?

vicwiz007 said:
    Horses will likely be the only animal used in battle. However, theyre providing lots of good modding tools so you will definitely see some of those you mention from mods. You can find them in Warband already but theyre pretty... rough.

Yeah that i why I was wondering.  Whenever I saw other animals in mods, they were always built to be pretty rough.

This kind of makes me wonder if Camels, Dogs, or Elephants could possible be placed as an Easter Egg or something.  Imagine creating the AI, Models, textures, and animations for a whole new animal would take a great deal of work.  What if the developers left a partly completed one as an Easter egg or something?  Modders could then use that as a base for their own mods.  What do you think?
  2. MightyELO

KhergitLancer80 said:
    Yes, you can stun and even make your enemies fall down by riding your horse onto your enemy.

:lol:

Haha awesome!  Hopefully dogs will be able to actually bite or elephants can swing their trunks and tusks.  That would be awesome!  :shock:
  3. MightyELO

Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

VictorF said:
    The picture you posted is not of a phalanx. Those are Hoplites.

The image is a formation of Hoplites in a phalanx formation.  A hoplite phalanx is a formation that is characteristic of soldiers overlapping their shields and using spears to push and stab the opposing force off the field (similar to shield wall).

late-greek-hoplites.jpg

Another form of the phalanx is known as the Macedonian phalanx.  This one uses long spears (or pikes) and soldiers used smaller shields that do not overlap.  This is the formation the Alexander the Great used. (though its seems size of the shield varied.

macedonian_phalanx5.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx

I hope this helped  :grin:

Does anyone know if it is possible currently in Mount and Blade Warband to stab over an ally to attack an enemy in front of them?  The reason I ask is that if you can then there is a good chance it could be done in Bannerlord.
  4. MightyELO

Hello everyone! I have question regarding the animals that are currently in the game.  I am aware that screenshots have been posted featuring different types of animals, such as pigs, cows, etc. However, the only animal I have seen on the battlefield is the horse.  Will other animals be...
  5. MightyELO

Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

- Elder Scrolls = It would be great to fight in Tamerial and fight along side huge armies.  However, there are two issues.  Magic and non-human characters.  From what I can tell, the only way magic has been recreated in Mount and Blade Warband is to mod it as an equitable projectile weapon.  Also, non-human characters, such as werewolves, argonians (lizardmen), and Khajiit (cat people) would require their own models than the regular human ones.  All of them have tails, and werewolves (if you are gong with the skyrim version) have tails and hunched over posture.  Hell, even flying units will have to be looked at (dragons)

- Conan the Barbarian = It would be awesome to fight as a Conan (or Red Sonja) like character.  However again, the two issues like in Elder Scrolls suggestion, are magic and non human characters.  Hell, in Conan there are even snake people.  Also, barbarian models may have to be bigger in size to take account for such an amount of muscle haha.

RSvol3_01_Cov_B_Anacleto_e1444097275547.jpg
    [/url]

- Warhammer Fantasy = Too much to go into, but it would be awesome.

- Roman and Greek Time Periods (ancient) - this has been suggested before.  The only concern is that if they can get the phalanx to work properly.  You see, in a phalanx, the front row of spearmen is not the only one attacking.  The 2nd and 3rd rows can also attack their opponent by using their spears to stab over their fellow soldiers in front of them.  Oh also it would be cool if there were war elephants.

6. MightyELO

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Johan_Stormcloak said:
    I would rather have larger updates with more information

Hmm...actually, why can't they do both? Small updates, such as screenshots, can be posted every week. And then at the end of each month a nice video is made.
  7. MightyELO

I can understand why people are upset about there not being a recent update. The devs said that would try post updates more often. And we have not seen an update for more than a month. However, it depends on what kind of updates are talking about, and what updates what we wait.

Do we want major updates every month (major demonstrations of gameplay)? Or do we want smaller updates (such as showing off new armor or concept art)?
  8. MightyELO

Johan_Stormcloak said:
    testertesting said:
    Johan_Stormcloak said:
    @Testering: That actually sounds like a really great idea. Maybe you could also send your children to serve as pages for other lords to improve relations, or they could spy on the lord and give you information about the castle.
    I think you meant to address this to @MightyELO.
    :oops: Oh my mistake, I didn't realise that.

Thanks! Glad you like them  :grin:

Do not look here said:
    Again, how would you implement the possibility to have children? Skipping whole years of in-game time to see the results? Well, yeah, that may work in Crusader Kings, but, once again, creates a whole new heap of problems in M&B style of game. The whole point of the game is to become medieval/ancient/whatever, depending on mod you're using, person-thingy, living his/her/its extremely eventful life in appropriate times. Running around, swinging your sword, that kind of thing.

I agree, it would be fun to have game that while zoomed out completely is Crusader Kings, when zoomed in a bit is Total War and have additional switch to run around the battlefield M&B style. But nor is such game feasible project, neither would it be good M&B game.

About the battles, I agree there needs to be some kind of battle plan feature and even more important a reason for using it (i.e. AI that actually isn't just blobbing around). But for being in-combat itself, I much prefer the restricted abilities to move your troops around. People like to point out that lords of Calradia spend their spare time surfing the web, to access instant knowledge to where each of them is, but radio operator attached to every unit in Total War games doesn't bother anyone. I like the most system from Slitherine's TW-esque games, where you spend lots of time planning before battle, but when it is on, you have access to only three commands (charge, rally and flee) and that's it.

Ideally, I'd like to see, as I've mentioned in different threads already, ability to have dedicated "sergeants" that your units form around, verily in spirit of tEatRC standard bearers. This way you could order them around with those few "simple" commands like follow, hold position and alike.

testertesting said:
    @Johan_Stormcloak no problem.

Back to our topic - I don't know why you would need children to scout out a settlement you'd have trained spies for that. As far as seding a child as a page goes that indeed sounds interesting but I would deffinetly add the peril for that lord/monarch to ask a ransom for your child. However I think we are deviating from the primordial (so to speak) topics here which are the basic mechanics of the game: dynamics, momentum, mobility. These are to be revamped and highly improved firstly and then the details filled in.

One important thing which I haven't thought of yet much but was mentioned by you earlier, if I'm not mistaken, was the time in the game. Indeed it would pose some problems if one were to include heritage and/or natural death. A possible solution which would allow the game to maintain its day/night cycle (which I find alright) would be a fast-forward option where say the player settles down somewhere (retires from adventuring for some time) and is only to be disturbed by important news [such as a war breaking out] and random events [which I find to be important]. Such a fast-forwad action could take decades even and meanwhile the player could engage in building something [such as a castle or something else], training and be disrupted by an eventual horde of bandits plundering the player's village [if the player has chosen to settle down somewhere at the countryside]. The played could interact meanwhile with villagers and such [a highly complex society system would be necessary]. After the fast-forward period has ended the player could now find themselves in control of the first character's son/ daugher now grown up. Thoughts?
    Do not look here said:
    This is biting own tail right now, really. Fast forwarding decades means that you need to make assets for those decades that pass - but it's even worse now, because you have to make resources for things that player may not even have occasion to see. There's simply no way to implement such family system into the game without deviating from either realism or cozy feeling of standing in boots of own character. Or both.
    I really, really see possibility of implementing own offspring in only one way - like Reckoning did it. You can decide to start with your kid by your side and that's pretty much it. Maybe a possibility to influence their age, so that you can either decide for useless brat that you can use as card in that new diplomatic bargain thingy or actual squire on the battlefield.

Yeah, we did kind of get off topic with the children.  However, we only have this one thread to post our ideas.  If we had an entirely separate sub forum where we could post our ideas in separate threads, it would make it a lot more easier to stay on track.

I do agree of keeping the day-and-night system the way it is.  As I said earlier, if time-scale were changed to revolve around months, then it would be have more like Total War Series.  Also if there was simply a fast forward button that could change it from day-to-day to month-to-month, the over world map would go absolutely crazy.

Also, on the battle system.  I agree with you.  Features can be added to it, such as the more you upgrade your tactics ability, the more formations you can have your soldiers preform.  I also agree with keeping it so that you only directly control your character.  Having restricted controls over your troops is what set it a part from other strategy games.  I felt like I was actually a general commanding an army in the field, rather than a manager pointing and clicking to move units around.

HOWEVER, this did raise an interesting idea.  What if the "retire from adventuring" button were changed?  After you retire from adventuring, you could load that game, but it would be many years later?  However, you had not control over what happened over those years.  First you create a new character. If your character retired and was married, your new character could be the son/daughter of your former character.  Now, your previous character would not be controlled, he/she would be come a character you would follow or an NPC.  Some kind of random name generator could be installed to change the names of lords and other characters.  What about that?

Also, on the idea of having multiple protagonists, how would that work in character creation?  Whenever I created a character, I always like to think that "this is MY story."  Which is what I like about the Mount and Blade series.  There was no real over arching story, but just enough back ground to make your own.
  9. MightyELO

RoboSenshi said:
    No one ever talks about succession and passage of time in Bannerlord. I really wish a "completed game" of BL would take decades over several generations rather than a couple years like in WB.

If they don't add this feature, hopefully it can be modded in.

Lumos said:
    I want to be able to have children. Then, if I die, the game auto-advances thirty years in the future, and I'm left to deal with procedurally-generated stories that span across a million centuries.
    Or maybe Bannerlord moves into high-fantasy, introducing Portals of Time that you send your child in, and he/she comes out as a grown person, with stats distributed according to the instructions you give them beforehand.
    Or maybe we can unearth relics of a lost technological civilisation that include accelerated growth tanks, making my child grow into a full-blown companion in three in-game days only. Factional control over these key points on the map would be a priority.

Or maybe we can just ignore the whole idea whatsoever and keep the timescale and setting as they are. That would be pretty nice too... and won't require randomly generating a story that encompasses a million centuries. (Which would, however, be pretty epic, if it were ever a feature.)

The role of adding children and having heirs does seem to be a hot topic (at least from what I have read).  Though it seems that the general opinion seems to be that children should be added, but only for immersion.  The ability for players to have children would require the time table for the game to be completely redone.  Instead of a night and day cycle, the game would have to be a monthly cycle like in the Total War Series.  Many players seem to prefer the night and day cycle, and want to keep it.  It seems that many players (including myself) like the story to be focused on their created player, rather than an empire or kingdom. That is one thing many players love about Mount and Blade.  Sticking with one character creates a more immersive experience.  It is much more immersive when your created character leads an army and defeats the enemy, than controlling another member of your family. That is just what I gathered from what other people have said.

However, children can have their uses.  Follow the link below.  I posted some ideas.

Do not look here said:
    Myeah, that's the biggest issue I have with both children and killable lords ideas. First people scream "give me more fleshed out NPCs!" and then they go all like "and then replace them with unholy bastard children with RNG-ed biography". I love my immersion as it is, thank you very much. I like it that Jarl Turya is my homie and Jarl Gearth is dirty cheap monkey. Don't want them to be replaced with Jarl Whatever the XVIIth only because there's not enough "I" in AI to not get killed if it is given opportunity to do so.

I do like the idea of adding children, but not the idea of them going into battle.  However, that does not mean that children do not have to be "use-less".  There are ways for children to be implemented into the game, but in a way that is believable.  I made a post on some ideas.  The link is below.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,328541.msg7785165.html#msg7785165
  10. MightyELO

vito397 said:
    Regarding the Children and Succession feature , which was put up earlier, it's a firm "NO!" from me.  While I can agree on coop feature, I don't see how the children mechanic would work. The game is on a day to day basis. Even if you get a child , on like day 500 , which is unlikely even so, you can't have a toddler ride into battle if you die. I see people suggest battles the scale of Total War too. It can be implemented , but I'm not sure if I have some NASA computer to handle the poly number in battle. Some people also suggest making this into a Crusader Kings II. Now if you want to play 30 in-game years to see your child grow up, sure go ahead, but not me. Diplomacy should be improved from the point of the Warband diplomacy mod and further, but making Bannerlord into a combination of Total War scale and children (?) would really ruin it from my perspective.

You do raise a good point. I do like the day to day structure as well.

However, I do like the idea of adding children into the game. Adding children would create more immersive villages and towns.

I do agree they would not be used in battle.  However, they could be used for something else.  Here are some ideas....

- Village and City children could be used to listen to local rumors. You couple pay them a couple goings to gather all of the rumors in the town instead of having to go from person to person. They could also be used to deliver messages.

- Hostages or Bargaining chips.  What if a noble child could be taken prisoner by the enemy?  Instead of having sneak into a castle to rescue a captured noble, you have to rescue a his/her child.  Rescuing the child would greatly increase your honor points. Or you can capture a child and use him/her as a bargaining chip, but your "honor" will fall drastically.

- Used for diplomacy.  You could be friend a noble child and they can look up to you as a mentor.  You could possible train them in certain crafts depending on your skill.  You first have to figure out what they would like to learn before you tutor them.  If they grow fond of you, his/her parents will take a liking to you.
  11. MightyELO

Syndrella said:
    This game won't become another simcity with the option to make new towns and cities because this game is all around game with the possibility to make/manage new holdings. This option is very simple like the map making just drag and drop buildings and you can scale them. I would like to make my new kingdom with my own peoples and lords instead capturing others or conquer. This gives more freedom to make your own way the game and it's also could be mod either. I know the programming time with this increase but then we have another useful option which optional and nobody force you to use just you can if you want. (If have the materials to do it)

Yeah.  That is what I kind of meant.  If remember in the game, you could upgrade your towns, but your could not directly customize them.  When you did upgrade them.  You would have to think very carefully on what you wanted to add.  Because it would take a very long time (ranging from a couple in games weeks, to a few in-game months).  I enjoyed that style of town management, because I had to think very carefully on what I wanted to create each time.

However, I do like some of your ideas.  If there were more upgradable options for a town or city that was still believable, that would be great.  Such as towns to add a small wooden palisade around there farms/town hall/or town.  I recall that you can add a watch town to your town.  Imagine going to the town and seeing the watch tower in the process of being built.  Having the towns visibly change once you upgrade it would be awesome.

Your idea seems to be better for a map creator.  Which would be AWESOME!.  Aren't they coming out with one?  I forgot.
  12. MightyELO

I have seen alot of people asking for more city and town management options.  I think that is a good idea, but be careful.  I don't think it would be a good idea to turn this into a Sim city game. I do like the idea of improving towns and cities over time, but the time it takes to complete them should be some what realistic.
  13. MightyELO

Hmm I rather like this idea.  So, is something like the diplomacy mod?  How will the goods be transferred?  Such as can you send gifts by caravan?  I remember in some mods you could send gifts by caravan and you would have to provide escort.

Also, quick question for everyone.  Is there a forum section or reddit thread for suggestions for BannerLord?  Or is this it?

Suggestion for the developers .  I think it would be great if you guys created a reddit or tumblr site to show off the game.  It would help spread the word about it and allow players to discuss the game.

Also, I think it would be great if the developers would could post mini-announcements.   These announcements could just a few screenshots or gifs/videos of animations they are working on.  They do not have to be on the main site.  They could be on the Facebook page or other discussion site (such as reddit).  What do you guys think?

DanAngleland said:
    Hayran said:
    Make this system available for the coop sandbox, please.

There is no co-op mode.

I think what he meant is for the mods that use a multiplayer sandbox style of game play.  Such as Persistent World or Feudal World.  I can't WAIT to see what those mods will look like in Bannerlord!
  14. MightyELO

What happend to this mod?

ZeroFighterR said:
    MightyELO said:
    Shyana said:
    _666_ said:
    Are there still any successful servers up and running? Havent checked in a while to be honest.

Also, this discussion again? "Oh noes, no decent people playing anymore" "The new community sucks" etc.
    We ve had that often enough already, but no realistic ideas how to change it so far. The main problem being, that those few decent people who play usually get fed up with the vast majority of *insert spiteful description of everything that you dont like in a PW player* and leave the mod, or adapt their playstyle by joining said majority.

P.S.
    Lidiss is a newb and armi sucks on native  :grin:

Theres EU_Oasis (Average 150-200 players), The Chinese Server (Average 20-50 players) (dont rember the name), and Deliverance_NA (Average 50-100 players)

I have not played it in a long time.  I remember that two servers I used to play on a lot were a EU server and a NA server.  Are those now gone?

Also, maybe I misunderstood something, but is a new popular version of PW?

If you're talking about the Nexus' servers, yes they're gone.

Yep.  Those were the ones.  That is too bad  :cry: .  I enjoyed playing on those servers.  Then again,  I have not played on them for more than six months, so they could have changed drastically.  :???:
  15. MightyELO

What happend to this mod?

Shyana said:
    _666_ said:
    Are there still any successful servers up and running? Havent checked in a while to be honest.

Also, this discussion again? "Oh noes, no decent people playing anymore" "The new community sucks" etc.
    We ve had that often enough already, but no realistic ideas how to change it so far. The main problem being, that those few decent people who play usually get fed up with the vast majority of *insert spiteful description of everything that you dont like in a PW player* and leave the mod, or adapt their playstyle by joining said majority.

P.S.
    Lidiss is a newb and armi sucks on native  :grin:

Theres EU_Oasis (Average 150-200 players), The Chinese Server (Average 20-50 players) (dont rember the name), and Deliverance_NA (Average 50-100 players)

I have not played it in a long time.  I remember that two servers I used to play on a lot were a EU server and a NA server.  Are those now gone?

Also, maybe I misunderstood something, but is a new popular version of PW?
  16. MightyELO

SP Fantasy [WB] The Imperial Simulacrum: An Elder Scrolls Mod (Orcish Armor p.57)

Damn...is this mod dead?  I was really looking forward to leading an army of Argonians or Khajitis...  :cry:
  17. MightyELO

SP Fantasy [WB] The Imperial Simulacrum: An Elder Scrolls Mod (Orcish Armor p.57)

Epicrules said:
    It... takes place during the Imperial Simulacram, as the name would imply.

It even has the year in the OP.

So I did some reading on the Elder Scrolls Wiki pages.  Since this takes place during the reign of Uriel Septium it gives of plenty of lore, characters, history, etc.  They will still have to be typed up (unless some of them can be copy and pasted).

I wonder if it is possible to import files from Oblivion/Skryim Mods, such as audio files, models, etc.  I know that using audio files from the original game may cause copyright issues (unless we can get permission or something).  However, I wonder what the policy on using files that other people made for Oblivion/Skyrim, or even if the files (such as mod created armor or swords) can be imported into Mount and Blade.  Such as if someone made a sword in Blender for Oblivion/Skyrim.  Could that same model be used in Mount and Blade?

Lastly, I am a little confused on the rules when it comes to using resources from other Mount and Blade Mods.  I see lots of mods powering elements from other mods, but you can't steal mods.  I am assuming you either have to receive permission or give credit to the original modder.  Such as I would think that using many elements from the Floris Mod would greatly benefit the game (and also help speed up it's creation).
  18. MightyELO

Epicrules said:
    It... takes place during the Imperial Simulacram, as the name would imply.

It even has the year in the OP.

Yeah, I just noticed that.  Was going back to edit my post.  Looks like I got caught though  :oops: . (I did not get much sleep last night, I am not really thinking clearly right now  :neutral: )
  19. MightyELO

ThaneWulfgharn said:
    Names, artwork, lore and history can be found at the Elder Scrolls Wiki. Items don't need sprites for inventory (there's some sort of self-generating image system). The only tricky thing the team might need are dialogues.

Oh, I did not know that about the inventory sprites are self-generating (like I said, I have not modded Mount and Blade before).

You are also right about using Elders Scrolls wiki.  Alot of the stuff (history, town names, etc) are all ready to go.  Also, the Elder Scrolls Online actually has then entire continent available.  All we need is a map that shows all the locations (villages, temples, etc).

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Wiki
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

The dialogue will need to be worked on.  That is true.  However, I think names of characters and their back stories will need to be written, depending on time period of when this game is going to take place.  I mean, one thing that could help the development is identify how the lore is going to fit into the game.

Is this taking place in an entirely different time period?  Or in a time period of another Elder Scrolls game?
    Or is this going to be a "mix" of the Elder Scrolls history, where characters from different time periods of the Elder Scrolls universe will be place in the game?
    (such as characters will from Skyrim and Oblivion will be in the game, even though their is about a 200 gap between the time periods).

I sent a PM to Hypno Toad a few days ago, but I have not received a reply yet.
  20. MightyELO

Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Pardon me, something is wrong with the main download option (if I want to download the entire up-to-date version)  The website appears to be incorrect.  It takes me to this site http://persistentworld.mirror.gapw_4.4.0.rar/
Back
Top Bottom