Search results for query: *

• Users: cool_guy
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. cool_guy

Small Battlefield

Amazing mod. I have no knowledge of SE Asia, and this mod is like a living immersion in history. I also like the presence of western elements, which are familiar, and it's interesting to see native strategies and technology go up against the typical musket & pike warfare we've seen done in...
  2. cool_guy

Newest released mod

how about, next to 'featured mod', also have an announcement of the newest mod moved into the Released Mods section. A good way to get some publicity for unnoticed mods.
  3. cool_guy

Duration of combat throughout history in comparison to M&B

I would think that small (150 men to a side) skirmishes lasted longer than 2 minutes. But that's just what I speculate. For my distantly upcoming mod, I'm working on making the combat feel realistic. How long would 2 renaissance era soldiers fight? I realize, it's an extremely general question...
  4. cool_guy

well that does it

i am officially tired of M&B.... never thought this would happen. i haven't played in weeks, so a few days ago I start up a new game, hoping to get into it all over again. Then, i quit after 15 minutes. It's not too easy, it's just that i've done it all, 100 times over. this is still the best...
  5. cool_guy

a hippity hop

i quite enjoy the old hiphop and i don't mean "rap" (fiddy cent, soulja boy, chamillionare, and all those other scum of modern day 'mainsteam') thanks to youtube i've been able to go into this genre. for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rnCXRfJu_k there is a classic piece from 1984...
  6. cool_guy

weightlifting/workout

is anyone here into that? i've started into it almost a year ago, now and it was a very good decision. i was quite overweight, and now i'm a lot trimmer, though i still have a bit to go to get to my goal. I moved recently and there were no gyms around this 'hood, so i got a bench + weights...
  7. cool_guy

run/walk

is it possible to command my troops to alternate between running and walking? i'm sure this is impossible for cavalry, but with infantry there is a walking animation and a running one. for my 17th century mod, i have been experimenting with making the uniform really heavy, so that the NPC (or...
  8. cool_guy

Gloves!!

for my mod, i want to do the least possible amount of rigging, hopefully NONE all together. I've been scowering native for useful models and such and have come across this dilemma - no model has those huge cuffs they had back in the 17th century so what if I made the back part of a glove, the...
  9. cool_guy

The head mesh is already animated!! put it to some use!

you know how if you max out eyebrow shape and minimize eyebrow position you can make a very angry lookin guy? well why not make them animate in battle as well as at the face adjustment screen? they'd like raise their eyebrows when shouting their incomprehensible swears, when you smack them...
  10. cool_guy

multi lord siege attack with siege tower

it fails! i was on a fresh game and had a pretty nice army of 40 pikemen and 20 sharpshooters (customized rhodoks to be like a 16th century pikeman/crossbowman army) running around. i saw a rhodok lord with 40 men lay siege to a vaegir castle garrisoned with 120 soldiers, so i stepped in to help...
  11. cool_guy

i fight in the silence

when i got .808 i turned the music off right away... it was very linear and annoying. i don't like music in these types of games generally, as i also disabled it in Rome and Medieval II total war. I still play without music what is a great shame is that the game doesn't have ambient nature...
  12. cool_guy

pretty simple question - weapon animations

personally i can't stand the two handed holding animation... like, when they hold the axe by the bottom straight up. so i'll change the axes to "polearm" because it just looks much nicer and more realistic i've always wanted to experiment with this, though i'm slooowly working on a 17th century...
  13. cool_guy

Khergit - kyer-git - kare-git - kyer-yit

how do you pronounce khergit? or vaegir for that matter? vay-gir? va-ey-gir?
  14. cool_guy

did everyone know this?

that hitting ctrl+f5 makes the AI take your character over? it's been in for quite a while if i remember correctly so then your guy runs around smacking doods like an AI guy. and if you hit it after you won a battle your guy'll do a cheer
  15. cool_guy

suggestion to make huge battles possible in M&B II

Have any of you ever player Medieval II: total war or Rome: total war? When i first got Rome i was surprised at the sheer size of battles, and more so at how my PC can handle them the way they do it is that they use 2D sprites in combination with their 3d models. if you've ever zoomed out in...
  16. cool_guy

Need some help with weapon coding

note: i am completely new to coding, and this is a very simple operation that i'm having problems with! so i look at the module_items.py tutorial and i follow it I copy the flintlock pistol line, paste it at the bottom before the closing bracket i change the fire and reload types (from...
  17. cool_guy

SP Musket Era XVII - well ****

XVII A late 17th century mod. OH **** DUE TO AN UNFORESEEN COMPUTER ASSRAPE FOLLOWED BY REFORMAT, ALL THE STUFF THAT I DID IS GONE, AND I WILL BE RESTARTING ALL THE STUFF THAT I HAVE DONE. [b] Mod info:
  18. cool_guy

the pike formation, and how it fares against swordsman groups

granted that there is no space for flanking (a full circle pike wall), and the first three rows of the pikemen all have their pikes forward, with the first row crouching, a group of swordsmen could, in no way, break the formation without suffering horrendous losses. let's say, both groups have...
  19. cool_guy

discipline of troops

how about giving all specific troops a discipline skill? 1-10 in discipline. for example, and undisciplined troop (less than five in discipline) would sometimes charge without your orders, if the enemy is close enough. an undisciplined troop would not fall into formation very well (would be two...
  20. cool_guy

the new haraldry feature, though fantastic, isn't quite complete

i think another type of warhorse should be implemented that, instead of chainmail, bears your heraldry. seems simple enough if it was done with shields/armor, doesn't it? knights --> much more knightly with this. and what about a standard or flag that will also have the herald overlay? maybe...
Back
Top Bottom