Search results for query: *

1. NicotiN

PoP planned for Bannerlord ?

Considering how stupidly broken bannerlord is now i would pay the same price for Pop in bannerlord and would play it on my youtube channel for publicity.
    I can't even imagine how to play a normal game in bannerlord on their terible map
  2. NicotiN

I played Bannerlord.

The game brings so much nothing but beauty that I'm going back to PoP.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Bannerlord is a mess! I only hope it's moddable enough.
    Sadly the game is such a bad state that even the basic functions of warband didnt work in it. It's just the game warband game with better graphics but more bugs and a very badly designed map.

I don't think i will ever be able to like the game in this form or it's final form because of the way the map is designed, the troop tree, the basic mechanics..etc
    Pop will always be a better version of anything that warband/bannerlord/any mod can be
  3. NicotiN

140% difficulty realistic, is rogue king possible ?

Yeah, that's my favourite way of playing the game:smile:)
    I join Sarleon as a mercenary, buy enterprises in all cities, get my companion circle and train them. Recruit a lot of troops and increase my skills especially the surgeon.
    Making money is not so hard, fill with archers from training and cavalry (very heavy) to hunt down lords.
    I don't want to give too many tips but it can be done on max difficulty if you have enough practice with the mod
  4. NicotiN

Advice on getting horse archers to act better as archers?

They were too powerfull in vanila and got some nerfs here.
    I rarely use them because you have to manually order them around.
    A good way to use them is to have them ride with you and flak the enemies, order them to rush a tall place and have them dismount and fire or just as normal but since you need high tier archer cav you might want to wait until you use them.
    On the other hand you can throw some companions in the horse archer group to make them harder to kill, they are not bad units but need more micro
  5. NicotiN

What's required for a lord to follow me? Anyone have the code?

You can check out my little guide if you want, it's on this page of the forum:smile:

But it seems you want to be friends with the lords and that requires you to do silly quests for them. It's better to wait for war, be a mercenary for that faction and do battle with them so they all think nice things of you.
    They also are harder to convince to follow you since they have a set path sometimes, like after a long war to go home.
    Unique spawns are not meant to be fought in the early game but sometimes you can get lucky if you wait enough time.
    To do this you mostly need elite tier troops at least to go full army on the first battle(depends on battle size, don't cheat here:smile:  ) because most unique spawns will be depleted of their elite troops so you can kill the lower tier troops.
    It also helps a lot to get the high level companions early so you can equip them.
    Other than that....it will slow your  game too much, focus on leveling up or on saving money.
  6. NicotiN

For new players/Differences between Native and Pop

Shadow_Ordo said:
    Thank you for the clarification. I ended up just ditching Sir Rayne and things equaled out. I was wondering about having all companions and their dislikes sorta leveling out at some point, but decided not to go that route because for the sake of story and pragmatic reasons I am going to fail quests at times and I will need to raid villages from time to time in order to win wars or obtain rare foods for feasts. I know this mod greatly punishes you from the honor hit (6 honor per village raid, which wiki actually does not state), but luckily i find honor a common stat to ear as you play the game so it seems leveled out. With this in mind, i dont believe its possible for me to have every companion due to my described play style.

One thing i am not certain on, its if i make every companion have some points in Trainer skill, will they all collectively add to the experience shared / bonus?
    Short answer: No
    Long answer: In a way yes but since the levels of npc/companions are very high in pop you don't want to give trainer skills points to low level companions. At the same time...it's incredibly hard for a high level companion to level so you can give him a point in training(to higher level knights it's recommanded in a way but since only Jocelyn has a few points giving 2-3 points to other companions is not very effective).
    You as the player will level up very fast and can have maximum training+2, you will train everything fast and furios. But you can only train them so much so it's a mater of time before they reach top tier. So wasting skills points to train your army 2 days faster is it worth it? Not really since top tier troops have like a 10% chance to die if you have doctor skill.
    It's about balacing your type of play with the game but also remember you can rescuse prisoners to increase your army or hire mercenaries. So why would you want a standard army in the early-mid game?
    And i said before, it's very hard to make most companions fit for the battles you will have to fight, just level up faster so you don't need to use companions to train.
    PS: you also get trained by higher level compaions:grin:
  7. NicotiN

Shadow_Ordo said:
    This guide has been very helpful, I have one question which has just occurred for me. Or well, its been gradually occurring and is now at a breaking point.

I have followed your recommendation of companion composition, and for the most part this has worked, however I am having conflicts with a few and I am concerned I must loose some key characters. Boadice is naturally conflicting with Sir Rayne, Boadice is currently at 66 relations (happy-ness?), and Rayne is significantly dropping at 46; Fredrick is also at 46. I know Rayne is the issue here, though your guide did not recommend against him so i figured the other companions love interests would counter balance it, least that was how i took it. What should i do? Kick Rayne? Do companions happyness ever climb back up?

I suppose I should note i have fails some quest, any maybe lost a few fights but nothing major. When one companion would complain to me about the other (i.e: Rayne --> Boadice, or vice versa) i would always defend the one they complained about to counter balance the relationship drop.

Will kicking a companion reset their attitude?

Thank you for your time.

Ops, saw this too late:grin:
    You can take them all even if they argue a lot, it will be balanced eventually but the key is not to do evil things that may affect his honor and don't loose fights or win a fight with many loses.
    If they leave you can get them back.
    The thing about Pop is that it's incredibly polished and balanced. If i remember corectly Jocelyn is the companion with the highest training skill because he has the highest level, not necesarly the highest training skill(or whoever has the training skill.
    So you will need the highest level companion with decent training skill because you can never reach that level or train someone else to fill his role.
    Same goes for the girl with the merchant skill, you have to upgrade her skills(Leslie), training someone else for her role would be hard.
    At the same time Donovan is must have for the early training, some other high level knights to act as your bodyguards and some "captain" that need to fill certain roles in your armies like Frederik commanding the infantry. You can keep him a bit until you can afford the top tier knights like Jocelyn since they cost a lot to recruit and have a high salary
    After a solid 100-200 days of fighting you might want to switch all the companions to cavalry since they are immortal cheating npc(they have the best gear). But of course not all can level up as cavalry and some players make this mistake so in the begining you might want to give crossbows and good weapons(shields or good armor) and use them to flank.
    What i said for character development also applies to them so if they don't have power strike lvl 5.....they will mildly scratch the armor of medium-top tier units.
    It's a very complex system and i didn't write everything down because it's too much information.
  8. NicotiN

NPC cities vs Player Cities

Read the guide you will find at least 10 solutions to your problems, it's still on this page or use search,
    "For new players/Differences between Native and Pop"
  9. NicotiN

Confused new player regarding early game. Guides have done little.

At some points it's better to restart:grin: i mean if you have a fresh start you can advance a lot faster.
    If you have any other questions you can ask me here or on my thread, i even made a video on how you should start the game(in my thread,most of the info is still in the guide but there is enough to get started).
    I actually restarted about 20 times before i played a few hours of pop, i got killed by all factions before i learned:smile:
  10. NicotiN

Mercanary army got little too big

Why fight them at all? just fight their lods so they can't band together, the king will eventually start to patrol his home. Use that time to rebuile and remake your forces. You should also read or at least get the strongest lords on your side/faction
    Most of the times i would just attack the strongest faction while serving Sarleon so i would have a peaceful mid game
  11. NicotiN

why is archery so broken in this mod and everything else just pales at its side?

This is the most balanced game in history, it's even a new game with md warband interface, you need to play it more.
    The problem is that archery truly gets op at extreme late game with a big army.
    The difficulty settings really chage the game so watch out for that too. Can you write a little review of what you said? That is too much wall for my head to break
  12. NicotiN

Armor tiers,Damage scaling,Thrown weapons,ammo capacity and low tier crossbows

Short answer: pop is not about your gear, it's about your skills.
    Same applies for your army....combined arms is better than full cavalery
    The amount of balacing that went into pop is legendary
    ( people like me suggest the game should be harder and it gradually got harder)
  13. NicotiN

Well, i will be back to playing this beautiful beast in the next week so i will offer my input more:grin:
    In the mean time, all new people who die like bugs to a fire can read and at least survive their first month in Pop
  14. NicotiN

Confused new player regarding early game. Guides have done little.

here you go buddy, everything compressed into this brain hurting big thing:grin:
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162299.msg3920419.html#msg3920419
  15. NicotiN

Anyone find reasonable way to make peace?

Well, the best way to make peace was to conquer a village and then lose it, it worked sometimes, haven't played in a while though.
    But it seems you need to work on the foundation on your faction more like buyig a buisness in each town, geting all compaions(big compaion circle), being a good trainer(again companion) and just focusing on party skills.
    The next step would be to chose an excellent location....laria being obviously the best imo. It's also very important to chose your battles, i would mostly fight the same weak lord over and over because not all lords are equal and i could break up a crusade against me by just preventing them to gather or casuing a lot of losses on their flanks.
    i had a short tips and tutorial thread somewhere around here>D

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162299.msg3920419.html#msg3920419
  16. NicotiN

Prophecy of Pendor II

saxondragon said:
    saxondragon said:
    Wild Card said:
    Hello everyone.
    So i was wondering, if bannerlord comes out in our lifetime, are there any plans of bringing PoP to it ?
    Plans thoughts ideeas willingness ?  :shifty:

This has been answered in other threads at other times.

I am involved heavily in another project now.  When that begins to power down, the next project looks to be POP.

What form that will take is another story.

In my view, the optimal path is where our current project can fund development for a full commercial version of POP using the BannerLord platform and an agreement can be reached with Taleworlds where it is mutually beneficial for both (Taleworlds and our Dev team) to pursue this course of action.

What I can tell you with a high degree of certainty, the next full version of POP will not be a mod.

hehe, i think this is the most quoted post on the forum.
    While i really hope to see a standalone game for Pop...i also really hope it will be more like a mmo or at least have a persistent world where you decide what battles to join, who to help and where to develop. With players and npc, i think there were some ideas for this and even a game in development but it's been so long i think i might have dreamed it. At least it should have a more rpg feeling to it with more diverse gear stats.
    My only real fear is that Pop is perfect and whatever they make will just not be enough, even if it's the same or better.
  17. NicotiN

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Hmm, i belive there is another way, accepting a quest from a lord to raid a caravan or asking some lord how to do something(to regain lost teritory). I think you can also accept the quest to reinstate the "rightfull" ruler to a certain faction for endless war. And yes, the other faction attack you "to curb your power" if you are agresive. I don't remember all the facts but the game has a lot of options for war.
  18. NicotiN

Persuasion 10 = all companions?

Nothing gives all compaions, there is a compainion bubble if you are interested. But you can have about 12 companions or keep sending some of them to gather support and rotate them.
  19. NicotiN

Love letter

After checking out my steam games and my friend's steam games(probably over 1000 euros value) because of the family  feature.....i clicked on mount and blade. Started a new game, different background, made the first quest, save and exit. Of course i play on full difficulty(army size...
  20. NicotiN

Just started, looking for some pointers and end goals

End goals......that's easy.
    I usualy use 2 options to start my end game(actually it's the most lenghty one).
    1) The sneaky way.Remain a mercenary until you can field 200 soldiers, then take a castle, get all the lords you are friends with WHILE a faction is at war with someone else, at the begining of their war. Declare Pendor then. As a mercenary you get a lot more denars per week, as a vassal you get about 800 denars from a fief aka village wich is raided most of the times by the npc.

2) The funny way. Find the "rightfull heir" to a faction, each faction has a hero character wich wants to remove the curent leader of that faction. He joins your party and is a strong hero, you begin to conquer teritory for the "new" faction and some lords may join you, he is 100 relation with you.

Also, make your heroes the best warriors in your army, with ranged/melee and cavalry items. Yes, all of them to change them when the situation requires it. Like when you get 40 cavalry and hunt down all enemy lords or ranged for siege. Have lots of troops in your castle/city, more than you need, to be well defended and be prepared for everything.
    Pop doesn't have 3 types of units(ranged, melee and cavalry). It has a looot more like heavy infantry, anti cav infrantry, super heavy infantry, heavy ranged infantry, throwing weapons infantry, siege infantry etc.

So for all these you need the training skill, give a few points to all heroes in training because you can't train troops OVER your level, if you give all some training(especially high level knights, you can have only 1 or 2 knights( example: Sir Alistair) they will train them and help a lot. At the end game i would train all troops daily.
Back
Top Bottom