Recent content by von_lidl

1. von_lidl

Dev Blog 31/05/18

Sundeki said:
    von_lidl said:
    It's funny that people here think that TW has some kind of special obligation towards the fans. Does it really matter if the game will be released or not? No.

Companies will always encounter certain problems, but there is no need to be rude och childish about it  :facepalm:

Stringing a devoted Fanbase along for over half a decade is "rude".
    Misinforming them, intentionally or unintentionally, then doing absolutely nothing to address this misinformation is "rude".
    Treating your fanbase like a bunch of peasants as you stumble through one blunder after another, when you have other options, is "rude".

I am merely a product of the environment.

And yes, TaleWorlds absolutely DOES have a special obligation to it's consumerbase. The business that doesn't treat every single customer like a VIP is doomed to economic failure, and be under no illusions: TaleWorlds is a business. A devoted fanbase brings in far more money per head than that of random people, a devoted fanbase extends the life of games and promotes it's existence to others more than that of random people. A business is literally it's consumers and nothing else, and the most fanatic consumers are the strongest part of the business. Not to pander to them is asinine in more ways than I can't think.

And yes, it does matter if the game will be released. You follow something closely for a quarter of your life, be a fan of the series for almost half your life, and put a significant amount of time and emotion into checking up on it and tell me if it doesn't matter. Don't come here and call me or others "rude" or "childish" for being rightfully upset, especially when almost all of those with annoyed people acted with much restraint and haven't acted at all unreasonably.

Well, if you want to be upset because of a company not releasing a game, that's your choice. Same if you feel like my post was directed towards you.

Im just saying, its taleworlds choice how they market and develop their game. No one is forcing you to be up to date regarding this nor visit the forums.
  2. von_lidl

Dev Blog 31/05/18

NPC99 said:
    Innocent Flower said:
    von_lidl said:
    It's funny that people here think that TW has some kind of special obligation towards the fans. Does it really matter if the game will be released or not? No.

Imagine you're at a restraunt, you ask for food, If it's any good you'll eat it, pay for it, maybe pay a little more if the place was exceptional (or you're in a country where it's obligated...)

Now, you're at a restraunt. You've asked for food. They tell you they're making your food. Every now and then waiters come out to tell you that the food's coming, though every now and then they drop off hints that the food isn't coming, the food won't be that good, and once one of the waiters even dared to say that British Kebabs>The Kebabs of anywhere else.  The last reassurance was rushed and they showed a WIP side that'll be apparently different when they make the food.
    Now, in some countries it's bad taste to complain so openly, but if you're being played around by the restaurant, you might as well be loud.

Ultimately. Complaints about how things are done are constructive, even if not particularly accurate or individually helpful they grant a general understanding that wrong is being done.
    Complaints about conplaints are just denial, and they serve no purpose. Nobody's going to think you're a great guy if you're reprimanding people when your only obvious intention is to look good. People see through that.

Bad analogy. If we’re talking restuarants, all TW have promised is to open a fancy new resturant at a particular location sometime in the future. If they hit snags, why would any customers queue outside a construction site, demanding food? They haven’t accepted any table bookings.

Yes, a very bad one indeed.

Of course people can make suggestions and give critique, but some are just complaining for the sake of it. Ultimately, TW is the losing part in the end if they post bad blogs, not marketing enough or maybe not even releasing the game. But it's just a videogame in the end and therefore i think people need to relax a bit.
  3. von_lidl

Dev Blog 31/05/18

Companies will always encounter certain problems, but there is no need to be rude och childish about it  :facepalm:
  4. von_lidl

Dev Blog 10/05/18

Damn... No brothel enterprise?
  5. von_lidl

Livgardet till häst (K 1) rekryterar

Jag hoppar gärna med!
  6. von_lidl

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Meelis13 said:
    Hidde112 said:
    seenam02 said:
    Captain Lust How are you today  :shock:

He's watching us  :shock:
    About bloody time we'd see some activity. And hey, would you look at that- we actually have some official-looking teaser of a teaser in twitter! Not in middle of 2600+ page topic, but twitter! Am i dreaming? Did TW actually decide to communicate with fans about Bannerlord? Of course it doesnt say bannerlord anywhere though..

I know i have been sort of mean and frustrated but i dont plan to apologise not one bit for my attitude. TW communication with fans has been literally non-existent regarding Bannerlord and they do deserve scorn for that. I mean sure, they dont owe us anything, but seriously, one or 2 new screenshots in steam over course of 5 months would've gone a looooooooooooong way to assure people game is well on the way. But no, even if there was some teeny-tiny bits of info you had to dig hard to even get to it as no official channel reported it (post in middle of 2,6k page forum topic is NOT official channel).

Dont get me wrong, i really like that FINALLY we get some news on official channel PRESUMABLY(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for bannerlord, but this doesnt change the fact that communication with community has been completely non-existent, making very large part of community feeling negleted and frustrated.

I don't see why you are being frustrated with TW's lack of communication? The only losing part is TW. Just imagine how much more money they could make with just a little bit of promotion. Just relax, you'll  have your game eventually.
  7. von_lidl

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I'd rather have my own squire.
  8. von_lidl

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

gdwitt said:
    Why can't you just download different skyboxes and compare.
    There is a brf file in Resources that contains all the skyboxes for aparticular mod.
    There is also a skybox text script in the Data folder.
    You load it from module.ini.
    Download my latest mod and see them all: http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5994/?

I didn't know they were stored in Resources.
    Thank you.
  9. von_lidl

Anyone knows how to change the world map skybox? I've been googling and searching here on the forum but I've found nothing. Thank you.
  10. von_lidl

How do I change the map texture to something else? Instead of having the green grass texture, say I want it to be a asphalt.
  11. von_lidl

Clothing out of place and sometimes invisible - SOLVED

Froi said:
    Should add how you solved it for people who may have the same problem as you.

Yeah you're right about that.

I forgot to rigg the clothes and so I found this tutorial: http://www.moddb.com/mods/hotd/tutorials/rigging-an-armour-and-creating-gloves/#5220141
  12. von_lidl

Clothing out of place and sometimes invisible - SOLVED

I managed to get one of my clothes in the game, but why does the clothing appear out of place and in the tavern the clothes aren't visible at all? The clothing is also static so it won't move with the characters animations. I'm sorry if this is suposed to be very easy or clear but I just...
  13. von_lidl

Bug Reporting

Tried to deliver a message to a Sergeant in Louisville but there is no way to enter or for the sergeant to leave.
  14. von_lidl

The Reckoning| The Original Thread

Thanks for the upload La Grandmaster and all the hard work you've put into it. I'll be enjoying it in the evening after work  :grin:
Back
Top Bottom