Recent content by Sumtingwong

1. Some points after a very extensive gameplay.

I mean I have to agree with your post. There are really too many issues with this mod as it is that they have been ignoring and keep ignoring. The team doesn't listen to the community when something get brought up instead it's a "well we made it so you're wrong" sort of reply every time. I wholeheartedly agree with you that there are definite things that need changed, and there are things that are so poorly implemented that it actually breaks the game (like the dog). YOU WOULD THINK that being a paid mod would make this thing get more criticism than it does, but it doesn't simply because of the Brytenwalda fans...imo opinion both of these mods honestly suck at the end of the game when compared to others, PoP for instance or ASOIF, or Sword and The Axe to name a few. I think they just got too big of a head when TW was like "hey make this for us" and it's just ended up being a massive pile of Thai food stool.
  2. What is the point of the "support forum"

Absolutely nothing. They don't fix or do anything, and they don't listen when an actual issue is brought up. Taleworlds is/was retarded for bringing this team into the game. End of story, also Necro because why not.
  3. [VC] Fix Troop Offset?

kalarhan said:
    Sumtingwong said:
    I've already done that and it doesn't behave as i'd like. I've already messed with files in this game that isn't an issue. I just want to know where the offset function is as stated, nothing more, nothing less.  :party: Since it's pretty obvious that you guys are refusing to really listen to the players and do what you want with the mod (no surprise there) I doubt you'll freely tell me what i'm looking for anyway. No surprise since AAA companies are and have been doing the same thing for years.

:facepalm:

First I am not a dev for the game. See my name? Not in red. I replied with a quick fix that could work, based on no extra information from you, so how can you jump from THAT to "you guys suck" is beyond me

Second the code is available for download, you can study and change pretty much anything you like. I (member of the community) even created a thread to help modders learn how to start, you can visit the Q&A (sticky thread)

If you want edit the .txt file that is quite hard to do. You need to spend a few hours (2 to 30, depends on your modding skill) with the .py files first, to check the specifics.

About this particular feature: start from module_mission_templates.py, check the battle_triggers, find the ones related to formations (the names should indicated this) and then read the code on module_scripts.py. Formations uses a lot of math and geometry to maintain the positions, so you will need to have some basic math skills to adapt it

Have fun modding
    ANNND it's done. Thank you, kalar you are a good person I am sorry for implying that you suck. But literally the team behind this mod are never helpful and always use some passive aggressive bull****. You are LITERALLY the only person i've seen even remotely try to help people. Now i'm going to mod in throwing axes. <3
  4. [VC] Fix Troop Offset?

kalarhan said:
    before you try modding this (see Q&A modding for info) you should try:

1) use F1-Fx commands. You can order divisions to spread in or out
    2) use Fx command and save your custom formation, so it will be used on next battles

this is done in the game while you are in a battle (open field)
    I've already done that and it doesn't behave as i'd like. I've already messed with files in this game that isn't an issue. I just want to know where the offset function is as stated, nothing more, nothing less.  :party: Since it's pretty obvious that you guys are refusing to really listen to the players and do what you want with the mod (no surprise there) I doubt you'll freely tell me what i'm looking for anyway. No surprise since AAA companies are and have been doing the same thing for years.
  5. [VC] Fix Troop Offset?

I know there has to be a way to change the troop offset numbers. I just can't figure out where they are at, and by offset I mean the distance that each individual group i;e Infantry, Archers etc are spaced. There is a way to change it as it was done to put them the way they are now.
  6. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

So ready for this to be complete! Since i'm not getting a "Good" GoT mmo this is the second best thing for it! Love the mod
  7. Floris Evolved (Sub Mod - Released)

troycall said:
    Sumtingwong said:
    Log messages STILL not appearing. I love Floris, but for **** sakes pay attention when we are telling you there is an issue.
    THE REASON none of our **** messages are being seen like normal, is because of a **** line error. One that i've NEVER seen in the Original Floris Mod, and what is going on is it's overloading our message box, which is effectively breaking the text box. Deleting and going back to the original.
    Best thing you can do at this point is contact Dynamite Jewduh, but far as I am aware the mod is considered in a stable state and won't be updated anytime soon.
    Nah, it's too late.
  8. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

karkas132 said:
    kraggrim said:
    Post the exact error message and the circumstances under which it occurs, better chance of someone being able to help you.

Its right when it starts loading up doesnt even make it to menu screen and gives me this error

Unable to open file: Modules/A World of Ice and Fire Beta 9.6/Resource/Texture.brf
    Delete then redownload it, sounds like the file got corrupted during download or transfer.
  9. Floris Evolved (Sub Mod - Released)

Log messages STILL not appearing. I love Floris, but for **** sakes pay attention when we are telling you there is an issue.
    THE REASON none of our **** messages are being seen like normal, is because of a **** line error. One that i've NEVER seen in the Original Floris Mod, and what is going on is it's overloading our message box, which is effectively breaking the text box. Deleting and going back to the original.
  10. SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

FINALLY! I ****IGN LOVE YOU!
  11. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

deahmed said:
    now82qwby9ax.jpg

Please fix this.. the northerners doesn't do much in the game, only the smaller armies, when Robb has 500 men in his company.

He does nothing, even when the marshal calls for the banners...
    I noticed the same thing, it was annoying as all ****.
  12. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

produno said:
    Beta 9 will contain the first iteration. Unfortunately you will not be able to name your child for now. Although in later Beta's I will try and flesh this out. Though feedback would be appreciated after release :smile:.
    >_> you do realize im just going to make an Army of bobs and control the world...right?
  13. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

kalarhan said:
    Formations questions:

Lennert_S said:
    Is there a way to get them back in a nice long line?

First I think you should read the guide on formations (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323183.0.html). Also create a new game and join any battle to see ingame tutorial (guess you missed it last time).

You have a couple basic alternatives:
    1) Visit your camp, options, and disable advanced formations

2) If you still using advanced formations:

2.1) Remember you can create any "formation" and "save it". Check your F1-F4 commands. Next battle will use the formation template you saved.

2.2) F4 menu (advanced formations) last command is "No Formation". That means they will go back to native style (the selected group/groups) of a long line.

2.3) You can always use the "spread out" command a few times

Sumtingwong said:
    line up to your left, also the rank splitting with "EVeryone Hold this position"
    Same options menu: camp->options, check the one where you select your division. The other groups will be around that (by default you are on 0/none). If you want be in the mix of a shield-wall, why not put yourself on division 1? And so on.
    They still line up to your left, im witnessing it right now. The one thing with formations native did right was put you in the center of a formation - PERIOD-. I don't get this at all...
  14. Line formation

No idea man, i've been playing M&B for years and never had that issue, might be due to low numbers? Also prepare for rant....a VERY salty but needed to be said rant.

The only ****ing issue I have with formations is the bull**** where they line up to your left, also the rank splitting with "EVeryone Hold this position" Thats why I miss ****ing native and Floris which im going back. Granted the VC is/was a good idea, but stupid **** like that is what finally killed the game for me, I can micro manage like a mother****er but **** ME, when I say EVERYONE hold a damn spot I mean that goddamn spot not to break into individual spots TEN GODDAMN paces apart.
  15. Question about Brunhild (Spoilers)

kalarhan said:
    Sumtingwong said:
    Ivan Khan said:
    I am pretty sure, at least in prior versions, that once storyline ends within a week companions not in your party, even 'dead' ones will randomly appear in any tavern. So, if you want to find them do a circuit a week after storyline ends.
    Can confirm. Reg after I slew him with a heavy heart for being a traitor did respawn.

Actually the dead companions stay dead since a few version ago, the ones that left alive may be recruitable again if you can find them (and remember some of those may become a adventurer)
    False, Egil still spawns like any other companion, same with Reg. After main story)
Back
Top Bottom