Recent content by nistrum

1. RaW:Previews+News

glad to see all that work paid off on the helm :smile:
  2. RaW:Previews+News

hey guys, i got more stuff for you, this time a Roman barracks that has technically been in the works for a very long time.. but its done now and it finally gets added to the assets for Rome At War. Hope you like it,

prev_barack.png
  3. RaW:Previews+News

nice normal mapping :smile:  looks great man
  4. The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

lol i mean as in with the tools he had. :p
  5. The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

hey man, did you get my PM? sorry to bug you, would just really like some help :smile:. i would offer to return the favour but you seem like the type that would rather stage manage his own stuff. that said, if you want any help you just have to ask :smile:
    PS i cant wait to play this man, looks amazing, you have done an amazing job with the engine.
  6. RaW:Previews+News

thanks guys, glad you like it  :grin:
  7. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Hi guys, im an environment artst and i saw the mount and blade modularity post on the polycount wiki this EVERYONE that wants to build buildings in M&B needs to read
    here http://wiki.polycount.com/ModularMountAndBlade
    and i was wondering if anyone knew what scale the grid was to snap to in M+B? i use unreal most of the time, does anyone know how it matches up?
  8. Rome at War: Recruiting modders!

you guys still after artists?

http://nistrumart.wordpress.com/

im really keen to do some stuff, id really like to push M&Bs engine, see what i can get it to show off
  9. B Tutorial 2D Poomtang's texturing tutorial masterclass no2 Normal maps

guys, something interesting you might want to know. software like Ndo2 use hieghtmapping to generate normal maps. basically meaningyou can create a greyscale image containing hight values as shades of black/white where white represents high and black low. this allows you to create fantastic depth in a simple normal map.
    also if you are looking to combine normal maps, for example, you want to create a nice deep normal map made with a hightmap and s detailed one created from a photograph like the one above, take the detail map and place it above the normal map created with the hightmap in the layer window, then select the detailed normal map, set the layer mode to overlay and in photoshop if you double left click the detail layer and click on the tick box for blue therefore deselecting it [this prevents the detail normal map from washing out the blue from the layer below] this will give you the depth from the one and the detail from the other perfectly.

hope that helps guys

:grin:
  10. musket reload speed

ace :grin: thanks for clearing that up for me guys:grin:
  11. musket reload speed

interesting. so you can dedicate all your skills to other things... muskets seem alot more appealing all of a sudden

does agility effect accuracy?
  12. musket reload speed

does anything effect it  like agility? or firearms skill or is it what it is and thats all you get?
  13. Building an army

im the last person i would see as answering questions here, but here goes. ok to run faster you want pathfinding up as high as you can, BUT it doesnt have to be you with the skill its a party skills o any of your companions can have it (someone with high int preferably) so you dont have to spend your vital skill points on going faster, also, an all mounted army rides faster than one on foot... morale plays a part as does your riding skill ( and everyone elses for that matter). also if you are carrying alot of stuff that has an impact i learned cto carry a few horses in my inventry which makes you faster too... hope that helps
  14. village quests

ahh cheers masher  that helps.

to set your combat to the WASD kerys just go into the control option it says something like attack direction and it should say mouse next to it, just click the next button and it says direction keys
  15. village quests

lol not just me then, does anyone know are there any factors  affecting if you get a quest or not? does renown and honour play a part? im finding it literally impossible to get one, the whole time this post has been up i have run from village to village to get a quest, all im getting is we dont need any help, im beginning to feel a bit like this is the "vassals" button from medieval 2 lol nothing ever happens when i ask it
Back
Top Bottom