Recent content by Narthir

1. Narthir

Native Completed Kitten's Team Inspiration Tournament (K-TIT)

Oh geez. Well, serves me right for not checking the forums 10 minutes before the deadline xD
  2. Narthir

I'm currently on Lenton's team, but it seems that we won't be getting a full team together. If he doesn't mind, I'd like to offer myself up as a free agent for any last minute team changes!
  3. Narthir

I think it'd be pretty cool if those not participating could spectate, everyone chatting it up and watching it like a sport. Though I agree, the teams would both have to agree to each spectator as spying is a risk.
  4. Narthir

Kitten, that is an excellent idea. I really hope it's able to come through, I would love to participate in any future tournaments!  :smile:
  5. Narthir

With fire and sword

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the gunpowder age, but if the combat can include melee troops effectively then I think it'll be good. I really like the idea of Captain Team Deathmatch too, if it was implemented in a more Battle-mode way. However, I wish they would stick with the old factions like the Swadians and the Vaegirs.
  6. Narthir

Hey, I'd like to participate if I can.

Narthir - Any - Infantry/Cavalry - Western US
  7. Narthir

Let's discuss khergit issue!

Personally I hate playing against Khergits in MP because many players go horse archer. There are good tactics to fight against horse archers, unfortunately most require a lot more teamwork than you usually see in your average MP battle. This isn't a huge problem in maps like Village where there is a ton of cover, but in open maps it's kinda ridiculous how easy it is for horse archers to just circle and shoot til they run out of arrows.
  8. Narthir

The Villagers of Northshire (tkov guild)

Haha yeah, I had a great time RPing with you guys. That fight before taking the castle was pretty epic. Darn knights!  :mad:
  9. Narthir

Mount&Blade: MMO

Actually, Guild Wars worked pretty well without subscriptions. You still have to pay for each expansion, but it's vastly cheaper than a subscription fee. It was a decent game, but not a great one. GW2 looks awesome and still avoids subscription fees, so I think it would work with a decent player base. With this community I'd even think it could get enough support to work out fine until word gets out that the most awesome MMO of all time (M&B MMO) exists.
  10. Narthir

Mod Idea - [MP] Commander Battle

Yeah, it is very well done, I just think there might be issues if two players claim control over the same units or fight over which units they control using the Native system. I was thinking that maybe using classes would work well by having your class choice designate who you command. For example, if you choose the class "Commander", you lead all the troops. If you choose "Commander" but there's a cavalry captain, you command all but cavalry. If you choose cavalry captain and there is no commander, then the rest of the troops behave with default AI and your cavalry obeys you. Each group leader would also have attributes/equipment options for their troops as well as themselves. Example: Archer group leader can outfit his archers. He can also equip himself, but his stats and capabilities are similar to those of his archers.

Using this system, you could have up to somewhere between 4 and 8 leaders on each side, each with his own role. You would then have to cooperate in order to use effective strategy and win.
  11. Narthir

That makes sense. I think most of these limitations would probably have to be determined by coders, since they know the limitations of the system well enough. Multi-commander mode would be fun, but due to lag constraints you couldn't probably have more than something like 16 players on a server at the most.
  12. Narthir

Mortal Online

Yeah like the idea sounds really neat, just not sure if it's implemented in the best way. Hoping it is, I'd play that game non-stop!
  13. Narthir

Mortal Online

Has anyone tried Mortal Online? It's a sandbox mmorpg with elements of Oblivion and M&B (especially the combat system). It looks really cool but sometimes sound really cool then end up being bad. http://www.mortalonline.com/
  14. Narthir

I really like the troop trees you have set up. Of course, it would take some testing to properly balance them, but the idea is quite good.

I'd take the initiative to start the mod myself but I have no M&B modding experience (though I do programming experience) and between work and school I don't have a ton of time to do the modding. The ideas are alot easier to do since you kinda come up with them without time just spent thinking  :smile:
  15. Narthir

^ This is exactly what I had in mind when I started this thread.

I also think that perhaps you could take the mod in the direction of each player having his own squad of 5 or so npcs that the player can equip/balance any way they see fit (using gold). It wouldn't exactly be a commander mod but it would be more of a squad based version of Native, with the ability to upgrade your squad. Personally I think that idea would be better suited as a completely separate mod due to less of commanding and more squad based combat. Does sound fun though :smile:
Back
Top Bottom