Recent content by Lycanus Darkbinder

1. New Lets play with weekly updates - ongoing

@Coolchucky - some good advice.

Also for what it's worth, your companions have their own inventory which you can view by talking to them and asking them to show you what they have. You can also tell them to give you everything they have.

This is a good way to see if you have your auto-sell options set up properly. If they still have junk in their bags then it's a good indicator the thresholds aren't right.

Finally, I noticed the English playlist is 2 videos shorter than the German one (by the way, nice job providing both languages). Are there two English ones that didn't make it into the playlist?
  2. My character looks too strange!

Smargoos said:
    Do you even get regular stuff from looting villages? all I remember is different merchandise like salt, iron, butter only bad thing about butter is your troops might eat it. Like they ate my exquisite butter :sad:

In the past I got a couple bits of armor and a sword or pitchfork. Similar to what you'd get from Looters. Also you'd get some useful food.

Your question reminded me of another significant bug... when you win a tournament whatever prize you get will be what you always get from future tournaments until you start a new game.

This bug was introduced with Floris 2.54 and was supposed to be fixed with the release of 2.55. IMO this is significant because in my current gameplay I got some 2-handed sword the first tournament I won. Now that's all I get while the NPCs are getting horses and other useful stuff. I'd sure like to get horses to pass on to my companions.

I understand people move on from these types of projects. It's just a shame that someone couldn't pick it up and iron out at least the two bugs I've talked about. I've fixed a couple things in the past but I don't know enough to tackle these issues.
  3. My character looks too strange!

Smargoos said:
    What's wrong with butter? With exquisite it gives like 3-4k. I have often gotten only butter from Swadian villages when i went to raid any other faction I got other items and even some Swadian villages gave me something else than butter.

It's not about the money for me, it seems almost like cheating to know you can use any village as your personal bank. Need a few extra thousand denars, just murder some villagers.

I prefer the random loot. Sometimes you actually find something that you or a companion can use, especially if you're not out hunting bandits for loot. It's an alternative way of gearing up and more immersive and fits better with an RPG style of gameplay.
  4. My character looks too strange!

Windyplains said:
    Monnikje and Caba'drin are no longer actively modding on M&B (to my knowledge).
    Duh is working on side projects.
    I moved on to supporting the Floris Workshop (now called Silverstag) full time.

Effectively there is no Floris version in development and no future development is planned at this time.

That's unfortunate. It's been a while since I played M&B because I was waiting for the next Floris which was supposed to fix the problem with looting & pillaging only yielding butter.

From I am getting only butter when plundering villages?

Windyplains said:
    Better to live with it for now.  A fix for this will come with the next module update as I believe I have found the source of the problem.  I just need to test it a bit to be certain.

Is there a posibility of getting a hotfix for that at least? It really kills the whole feature of plundering villages when all you get is butter.
  5. What is the meaning of low quality items?

It's basic immersion.

You basically have to pretend that the merchants do lots of business with the local townsfolk and even though as a Hero you'd never use that 10 dps Pitchfork, some lowly farmer in Thir might buy it.
  6. My character looks too strange!

Smargoos said:
    They wont fix it as they don't update floris anymore.

Source?
  7. [Fix] Rivacheg siege (Gameplay)

Leifdin said:
    Wait, this is gameplay? It works with expanded, at least for me. Or did I do something wrong? Rivacheg, weird siege tower, four ladders against wall?

Yep, Gameplay. The siege tower is just a long ramp that starts out folded in half and there should be four or five ladders on the wall in the back of the courtyard.

As I mentioned previously, the only edits I made were to add some AI limiters to the right-most ladder (if standing at the bottom facing them) and delete a couple faces from the AI mesh.
  8. [Fix] Rivacheg siege (Gameplay)

Leifdin said:
    Would you mind if I made a compilation of my modifications and your(I have Narra, Tihr and Sargoth done)

I wouldn't mind at all. It's better than having tons of downloads.

Note: Updated the OP to show permissions.
  9. [Fix] Rivacheg siege (Gameplay)

Windyplains said:
    .. the main nexus page.

Where exactly is the main nexus page? When I search for Floris I get a bunch of results which look like other people's uploads.
  10. [Fix] Rivacheg siege (Gameplay)

Windyplains said:
    Nice work.  With a number of folks making scene fixes for the main game it might be a good idea to incorporate them into one "scene patch" and I'll add it as an optional download to the main nexus page.

Thanks and that would probably be a good idea. Also, just a friendly reminder to remember to make different packages for Gameplay vs. Expanded since they use different textures.

Leifdin said:
    I'll check it tomorrow. Do you have other plans? I plan to remake siege scene of one Nord city, though I don't remember whether it was Sargoth or Wercheg.

If this was directed at me, no I don't have any additional plans. I usually only try to fix things when I come across them. I haven't sieged anything else yet.

Also, I don't know if it's a big deal but I forgot to mention I also modified the AI mesh a little (if I remember correctly) by combining some faces and vertices in front of the ladders to try to get better decisions from the NPCs instead of all using the same ladder.

There were a lot of branches that pointed at the rightmost ladder. I created larger faces with fewer triangles to try and spread the decisions out. Seems to work though admittedly I don't fully understand how the AI mesh works (except that editing it while NPCs are on it crashes things LOL).
  11. [Fix] Rivacheg siege (Gameplay)

After reporting NPCs getting stuck on ladders in Rivacheg, I decided to try my hand at fixing the problem. Feel free to download the modified file rivacheg_siege_fix-GAMEPLAY.zip (filebeam link) Edit: Permissions: I grant anyone permission to use this modded file. However, please be...
  12. Why are my troops starving and getting whiny when I have food in my inventory?

Could be a couple things going on here but I'd bet your food is probably spoiled.

I had the same problem when I first started using Floris. I bought 4 stacks of meat and headed out to hunt Bandits. A few days later two of my companions left because I wasn't feeding them. I looked at my inventory and saw 4 stacks of meat and wondered why...

I then went to buy more food and that's when I realized that my Meat was now Rotten Meat. That's right meat, chicken and fish all spoil. I usually stick with bread because that doesn't seem to go bad.

Another possibility (which probably doesn't apply to you) is that you put the food into your companion's inventory. Your party will not consume food that isn't physically in your inventory. While companion inventory is considered "shared" in the sense you can store loot there, the food is ignored.
  13. Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.54]

Warband: 1.153
    Floris: 2.54 Gameplay

Bug:

Rivacheg siege is broken, army gets stuck at top of first ladder

Details:

I joined the Nords in a siege of Rivacheg. Unfortunately all the NPCs get stuck at the top of the first ladder (the one on the far right if you stand at the bottom facing the ladders). The other NPCs don't seem smart enough to use one of the other three ladders and just bunch up behind them. Even though we won, the siege took over an hour and we did have heavy casualties.

There does seem to be a lip at the top of the ladder, I even got stuck myself and had to wiggle around a bit to get over it.

In a forum search I saw that in Floris 2.53 this was listed as fixed. Did it perhaps not get put into 2.54?

Edit (03-29-2013): Here's a link to the thread with my fixed scene file.
  14. Is this a bug? - Getting a feif after being told you can't have one

Xenomion said:
    When you become a vassal, you oftenly receive a fief.

Yeah I figured that but why would he make a big deal of me being a woman in one instance and then turn around and act like we're bestest friends and give me one?

His original response mentioned something about him being concerned that other lords would laugh at him for accepting a woman...
  15. Is this a bug? - Getting a feif after being told you can't have one

In one of my games I play a female character. She talked to King Ragnar (after saving one of his Lords twice) and asked him for a feif. He basically said "hell no! Even though you have great renown, you're a woman". She then offered her sword in vassalage and after clicking through the screens...
Back
Top Bottom