Recent content by High_Inquisitor

1. Anyone else getting frustrated by player votes kicking you for killing too much?

Spec said:
    High_Inquisitor said:
    you say that but bamboo spears arent especially long and even long pikes can get taken out by a good great lance attack by someone who knows what theyr doing. Still i find swadian cav really boring, rather be rhodok spearman any day

Glaive + Javs. I've yet to see the horseman who can effectively evade a javelin thrown at him while attacking (assuming he's been spotted; sneaky horsemen can of course just backstab jav-throwers). And the glaive is a very useful tool for taking him down once his horse is wounded, and works for fighting the dismounted guy very well (a powerful attack while he's defenseless; if he survives that, it's a somewhat okay-ish weapon for a 1-on-1 fight, at least compared to the pike. I normally prefer the war spear, but once the enemy's wearing armour, killing him with a war spear tends to become a pretty... tiring task).

too true. I find a well placed throwing axe a bit easier to aim at cavs because they hit a bigger target (they have a longer hitting edge) and its incredibly fun taking people out with a great hammer down strike once youve dehorsed them
  2. Anyone else getting frustrated by player votes kicking you for killing too much?

you say that but bamboo spears arent especially long and even long pikes can get taken out by a good great lance attack by someone who knows what theyr doing. Still i find swadian cav really boring, rather be rhodok spearman any day
  3. Anyone else getting frustrated by player votes kicking you for killing too much?

when its a massive lance going against at best little spears its a bit of a no brainer :smile:
  4. Anyone else getting frustrated by player votes kicking you for killing too much?

Its worse with deathmatches because its in people's mutual interest to kick the guy who's owning everyone.

Yesterday i was on 40 kills and 2 deaths with a great lance and everyone else using light lances (fooools) i said to them they should try using bigger sticks, so a few kills later someone started a vote to ban me and i was kicked...its really shocking how this happens really ruins my game
  5. Anyone else getting frustrated by player votes kicking you for killing too much?

I find multiplayer really ruined by people who vote me off the server when I get a few kills in a row - worse still people who come to a server then vote off any new arrivals as if its their own server and they can decide who plays or not. What can be done to combat this abuse of the player...
  6. NEED HELP!! Being banned from servers...

I've been banned from Nditions for about 2 weeks
  7. NEED HELP!! Being banned from servers...

I have now been banned from two of my favourite servers by players who, wanting to play a game with a friend, instantly vote and ban as soon as I joined. Is there any way I can appeal it and play in the servers again? one is the deathmatch JestServers and the other is the duelling Nditions...
  8. Mods on Steam Version

ok, thanks.

For the ones that dont install, do I unzip into the M&B steam folder and choose the copy/replace option when windows message comes up?
  9. HYW - Bug Reports (v6.0)

i get crashes sometimes when i go into a horse shop in cities. rgl error

also sometimes some squires' horses are invisible, so the persons floating around, like an infantryman standing in the air
  10. TPW - Bug Reports

I cant get formations or shield bashing. Tied everythng
  11. Formations

i cant get it either...or shield bashing. Must be a bug
  12. Mods on Steam Version

I have the steam version of MOB. Will mods still work in the same way, and will I be able to install them normally?
  13. Wrong weapons size

defo got a point there. Shouldnt be too hard to iron out.
  14. New weapons that you would like

Aetheus said:
    Grenades. Would be handy during sieges. And the first "grenades" were already around before 800AD, so its not really an anachronism.

not in the sense we knew them. They were pots of crude oil that burst and caught fire on landing

I wouldnt mind seeing throwing knives. Also very long pikes for nailing cavalry, used in a schiltron formation of spearmen.
  15. RUN!!!!!!!!!!

you know what, you're right

I have done a bit more research (http://www.thearma.org/essays/weights.htm), and it looks like swords werent that heavy after all. Armour was though, and we can agree on that one.
Back
Top Bottom