Recent content by Havokblak

1. Havokblak

News 1.34: What are we doing? What surprise is this?

A_Dane said:
    Why not do it the other way around? :eek:

But yeah, by the looks of it, being an irish raider is suddenly looking more fun :p

Why on Earth would I want to be a Dummonian/Cornish raider? I just doesn't have the same appeal.   
  2. Havokblak

News 1.34: What are we doing? What surprise is this?

Bring it on!

I can feel an Irish raider as my next character... Dummonia is going to get raided to Hel and back  :twisted:
  3. Havokblak

Tournament Analysis

DoctorPringles said:
    I personally believe that tournaments should feature multiple challenges. For instance, one stage of the tournament would be hand-to-hand combat, either in groups or 1 on 1. If you win this, you get a reward and any money you made betting. Then, there'd be a stage 2, which could focus on mounted combat, then a stage 3, which would focus on ranged combat. You could be able to withdraw after whichever you like, but would be then unable to proceed to later stages and would receive only the money you got until that point.

I have no idea what this would take, or if it's even possible to implement, but I thought it worthy of suggesting.

It would have been helpful Taleworlds designed the tourneys the way that medieval actually worked. a choice of evens to participate in, combat generally one on one, either on foot or mounted (not both) and archery was a target event. but not to worry as I still kind of enjoy the teamed combat.   
  4. Havokblak

Near to real battle video?

jackx said:
    I'd be too concerned with me getting carried away to participate though, as much as I'd like to try it...

Getting carried away would normally result in getting carried off on a stretcher. If you hit the wrong person they may just hit you back. I was definitely one of the wrong people to hit. You shouldn't torment people too much either. I was once being abused by someone stood "bravely" at the back of the ranks, they were very surprised when I leapt launched myself into the first few ranks and concussed him with a rather unbalanced 2H warhammer. BTW its amazing how quick a group of people will get out of the way of a lunatic in half plate charging full on :wink:
  5. Havokblak

SUGGESTIONS

mikeyman89 said:
    ive gotten to the final bout in 3 different tournaments and have gotten just javilins to fight a guy with a damn sword and shield how and i suppost to win :evil:

Never really had this problem. As Adorno said...

Adorno said:
    Use the javelin as melee weapon and beat him to a pulp  :smile:

... its just a case of considering it to be a very short spear. So shield block, quick kick and then stab them with the pointy end. :smile: just a matter of timing and skill which is exactly how it should be  :wink:
  6. Havokblak

Near to real battle video?

I used to do LARP here in the UK before it became too regulated. In the early 90's people got properly injured with broken bones, cuts, knocked out, etc with latex coated, hard foam rubber weapons. Within 10 years if someone got bruised you'd get a stern work from the marshals... sad really, why complain about getting injured during contact combat which you actually consented to do!  :shock: I personally think most of them complained because they got beaten in combat by quite a lot as I'm reasonably proficient with short, long and "bastard" swords. I even started to get to grips with two handed but they are really too slow for my liking (before any one says anything I can wield the real things not just the LARP ones). My favourite is a long sword with short sword in my off hand, it also helps that I can both right and left handed... and trust me left handers are normally damn awkward people to fight  :wink:     
  7. Havokblak

DX Problem. Want money back if this continues.

Aragorn said:
    I blame Steam.

Have you tried verifying  your game cache files?

8. Havokblak

I know i should be killed horridly but...

Idibil said:
    Perhads, we should wait to september...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  9. Havokblak

Religious ideas

Pundragon said:
    Well I'm not sure about human sacrifices I believe they did at least sacrifice animals to their gods. Help crops grow, battle, etc. But I'm no historian.

Animal sacrifices most certainly happened. However you might want to consider that this occurred with some encouragement from the priesthood. Offerings to a deity would have made it to the stomach of said priests. Who said that there is no such thing as a free lunch :wink:

10. Havokblak

Religious ideas

Dalkar said:
    Yup, they did. After the Teutoburg Wald battle (Varus) one of Legions went to the site of the massacre and found the Romans' guts hanging from trees. Although that could be Roman propaganda. So they probably practised it in Roman times and most likely in Dark Ages as well.

Any Roman "evidence" should be considered propaganda. The Romans have done this with many cultures, history written by the victors and all that...

There are finds that can be interpreted as sacrificial acts but again these are pure speculation.     
  11. Havokblak

Seeking opinion

Is there any way to implement when a horse gets killed in battle you get horse meat? I know its an odd suggestion but its still fresh meat after all and I can see any reason why it wouldn't get eaten.
  12. Havokblak

Beginner guide and others Guides/Strategy/gameplay

Wazzagit said:
    How do you use a spear vs a shield bearing troop?

Charge towards them spear at the ready (longer spear is best). When they will start to swing, lunge or stab you, stick them in the face with the pointy end of the spear while simultaneously wheeling the horse away from them. This just takes practice to perfect and is very effective.     
  13. Havokblak

Is every fight a ranged fight?

Hurin Thalion said:
    --Get medium or heavy infantry mercenaries. These guys absolutely tear bandits apart. Archery is actually quite weak... heavy infantry will walk right through their arrows and smash the bandits in the face.

I couldn't agree more. Nothing else says "F*** you!" quite like an axe in the face :grin: 
  14. Havokblak

Army disobeying orders?

Take as much time as you need to get it stable. This mod is already awesome and I can wait until it becomes more so.  :wink:

15. Havokblak

Beginner guide and others Guides/Strategy/gameplay

Once you've got a winery going Ireland. Get a good group of heavy infantry together with a group of spies for skirmishing and get over to East Anglia. From then on start taking down Dena raiders. You can loot plenty of useful kit from them. It also helps with your renown as these are a tough fight.     
Back
Top Bottom