Recent content by Deafening

1. BladeCast_TV | »Streaming« #TheNextStep

Fail_BEANSACKS said:
    The map intros were really cool. I would suggest some sort of music during them? It felt a bit odd of a transition from the commentating to the silent panning.
    Huh, there is / should be music and SFX during the intros. Checking the recordings, apparently the sound bugged out during the Verloren intro on today's NA stream -- I think the rest were fine though.

But yeah, Duken is crazy and did a great job with them. Example intro for anyone who missed them: https://www.twitch.tv/bladecast_tv/v/102329381?t=16m32s
  2. BladeCast_TV | »Streaming« #TheNextStep

Calamity said:
    We return for a NA scramble league match. RIP vs Chosen. Commentated by Mad Dawg and PPK157.

It's our first stream back, so don't expect amazing stuff from the start  :wink: We'll get that rust off and see what happens.

Tune in live.. 1 hour! (730PM EST)
    um yes hello we have had to cancel thank you

Turns out it's hard to stream a match that isn't going to be played. We should be returning sometime though. Probably. (Tell them when, Cal.) Oh just kidding.

Also I never commented on it, but super RIP to the finals stream we had planned. The Kitten hype was real : (
  3. [ECS3] Livestreams

Calamity said:
    BladeCast_TV will be streaming Wonwokie vs KURWA.
    Oh, hi. Uhh, just kidding, unfortunately BladeCast will not be streaming this match. But for anyone wondering, I believe Oliveran will be streaming it on his personal channel.
  4. BladeCast_TV | »Streaming« #TheNextStep

I'm a little late on this, but I figured I should take a moment to actually act like a BladeCast admin here and apologize on behalf of my internet, particularly with regard to the RaTs/Moles match. Luckily most of the match was recorded, so neither PPK/Purzel's commentary nor Sj's graphics will have gone to waste. Just need to sort out how we/I'm going to upload it as it's somewhat fragmented and also potato quality. oops
  5. BladeCast_TV | »Streaming« #TheNextStep

Calamity is forcing me to spam this thread because he's too lazy edit his post or something. ok
  6. Native Completed [NA] Sword & Bored Duel Tournament l CONGRATS OODLE

RoBo_CoP said:
    Deafening said:
    Too ******** scared to play.
    Fixed that for you. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Hey, hey. I see what you're trying to do. And it almost worked.

But no, I refuse. This is a FRAUDULENT tournament which only delinquents and philistines would ever enter and Arys you should feel bad. Very bad. In fact you're a bad person. (PSST ARYS IF YOU CHANGE IT TO FASTEST YOU MIGHT REDEEM YOURSELF. THINK ABOUT IT)

Actually, I guess this is basically just an infantry tournament. Rather than a "duel" tournament. So Medium kind of makes sense. Oh.
  7. Native Completed [NA] Sword & Bored Duel Tournament l CONGRATS OODLE

I was going to enter, but then I saw the rule set.

Single elim is obviously and objectively terrible for competitive play, so I'm confused. I'm guessing it's the new standard based on previous tournament results?

I don't know if I ever weighed in on the Fastest vs. Medium debates, but here's my view in short: Medium does a disservice to Warband's mental game, which exacerbates a fundamental issue with gaining advantage in Warband's neutral. Also, messing with opponent's tempo (my main shtick) becomes mostly unviable at Medium, which decreases tactical depth, etc. This all of course only applies to dueling.

That said, I'm also super bad at fighting with shields, and I can't tell if you're actually forced to buy a shield? And if you are, it seems kind of against the tournament's spirit to get the weakest shield and just wait for it to break, so hmm.

also you're all really dumb if you don't go Nords. Extra powerstrike son.
  8. Top North American Players of All Time (Fun Poll #3 Is Up)

MrNomNom said:
    medals should include dueling stuff i think - Rhade won the koa tourney and was runner up in SOD, and deafening won nvno pls and was runner up in ASS
    I thought you died.

But I agree. Thank you NomNom for standing up for the people, reminding others of great deeds once thought lost to time.
  9. Top North American Players of All Time (Fun Poll #3 Is Up)

Huh, I made it in. Those near countless hours in duel servers finally pa-- "For his community involvement working on streams and broadcasts"

Oh. I... I'll just go to bed now.

EDIT: Oh, you know who's an actual legend? Fortinbras. Blanked on his name earlier. Fort was the man though.

And Beer knocked me out of a few too many duel tournaments. And he plays Jigglypuff in Melee. So don't vote for him.
  10. BladeCast_TV | »Streaming« #TheNextStep

Oh look, it's that thing I'm helping with. Neat.
  11. Top North American Players of All Time (Fun Poll #3 Is Up)

Guess I'm super late to the party, haven't logged on in months. Haven't read a single thread in a year+ even, but uhh.

I'm assuming someone pointed out how... incomplete that Duelists list is, but too lazy to search. It has a massive recency bias though. Figured I'd give my input about some glaring omissions:

Rhade - I think people forget how dominant he was during late beta to around maybe half a year after release. Like actual, untouchably dominant.

Reapy and neih - Kind of have to group them. Neither actually competed in tournaments, and they both kind of vanished not long after official release (though, neih in cRPG is another story). But I think the importance of Reapy's duel videos featuring the two of them can't be overstated. Definitely pivotal for the development of the duel scene.

Haley / Alle...something - All autoblock accusations aside, they played beautifully. Had an amazing, distinctive offense which you can't hack into the game. Makes me wonder why more didn't learn keyboard attack.

SaulCanner - Primarily a cRPG player, yeah, but he hopped on Native occasionally too. Almost single-handedly demonstrated how effective inverse attack is. Was also just really, really ******** good.

Other people come to mind like Tyrian, Akmar, Gravish, Hasek, and more I undoubtedly forgot. Not sure I can make as strong a case for them, but I'd still put them over a couple others on the current list, easily. Also consistent pubbers like Sarah, Girl_with_Pike, Jon, etc. also seem important and worth mentioning, but maybe not right for this list.

Also if you're not voting for Kitten in the current poll, you're ******** up. imo
  12. [NA] Official North American Community Thread

W-why are you posting times in EDT? You're confusing even me, and I should supposedly know what's going on. :l
  13. [NA WWC 3] Season I - Signups and Main Topic - wK Champions!

Guess this goes here: http://www.twitch.tv/deafeningflood/c/3561335

Thanks to Snoop and John, and condolences to Manry and Nevino for missing the cut :C
  14. [NA WWC 3] Season I - Signups and Main Topic - wK Champions!

wow Zero, confirmed headshot texture macro bot hacks.

Anyway, I figured I should post this somewhere, but I had no idea where. So I guess here works. Yesterday's HB vs. wK match: http://www.twitch.tv/deafeningflood/c/3545619 - All credit and thanks goes to Eternal, Snoop and Rhadagast, all I did was record.

EDIT: Pretty irrelevant, but I just remembered someone poked me mid-stream on TS yesterday about the hair mod, and I feel like a total **** for forgetting to reply and forgetting who it was, haha. So just a reply to nobody, I'll probably release it soon enough, once I compile a thread of a bunch of other random **** I've made as well.
  15. Native Completed REKT- North Amerikan Dueling Tournament - jim rox

Finally stopped being lazy へ(゜∇、°)へ -- Here's some bracket footage:

Mok vs. Zaffa (Winners Ro16) - This should just be labeled as First Round come to think of it, hm
    Jim vs. Mok (Winners Quarters) - Horse MVP
    PPK vs. Uni (Losers R1) - UniBunny imo you know, because jumping and ****
    Beer vs. PPK (Losers R2) - I could've used the logo to better emulate the pokebattle intro, whoops
    M vs. PPK (Losers Finals) - blocked in Germany, my bad.

I'm'a wait for Uni to release Jim4 before posting (or even starting cough) M vs. Jim. UNI VID HYPE

w/r/t my own video, uhh. Did you guys know I fought this entire tournament with a short sword? (except for desperation Beer strats). Interesting, right!? Yeah, I can't really feign enough enthusiasm to finish it at any reasonable pace. Whoop.
Back
Top Bottom