New early access info from steam

Users who are viewing this thread

I had previously posted a thread about the key features that will be missing from EA. Below is the updated list with more details from the Steam page. I would love to hear some of your guy's thoughts on this! I am especially interested to see what key portions of siege, clan, army and sieges, listed below, will be missing as that sentence covers a large majority of the game play.

This statement was also included regarding waiting until full release (which is currently planned to be a year after EA is released): "Developing M&B Bannerlord has been, and continues to be a fabulous experience for us, and we are excited to be walking the final phase of this journey together with our players. Of course, you may prefer to wait a little bit longer and hold off until the final, finished product. In this case, please consider adding the game to your wishlist and you’ll receive an email when we release the full version."

"We are hoping to run a productive and efficient early access for M&B Bannerlord as well. However, due to the nature and scale of game that we have envisioned, there may be various problems or missing features and content during the course of early access. Here are a few aspects you may need to know:

Unique Maps for Towns, Castles and Village: Although we plan to create unique maps for every town and castle in the game, it is a rather arduous process to create that many well designed maps and as such, different locations may share the same map during early access.

Quest Content: A portion of planned quests may be missing entirely, and those in the game may be using placeholder maps, animations, etc.

Balancing: Various aspects of the game may be poorly balanced. Parts of the game may be too easy or too hard.

Voice overs: Since the game uses a lot of dynamic text and hundreds of NPCs, we are planning to record voice-overs for only a limited subset of the dialog (greetings, companion introductions and main quest). Some of these planned voice overs may be missing or using placeholder versions during EA.

Savegames: We will strive to keep savegame compatibility during EA, however it may be technically infeasible to provide 100% backward compatibility in savegames and you may occasionally have to start a new game after updating to a new version.

Bugs and glitches: Although we strive to create a stable game experience, the game will be actively developed during early access and hence there will be a greater chance of bugs and glitches creeping up. It will of course be a priority to fix these.

Localization: Our current plan is to localize the game into the following languages: French, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish (Latin American) and Turkish. Other languages may be added later. During EA, localizations for these languages may be missing entirely or may be incomplete.

Multiplayer modes and features: The game currently supports several popular multiplayer modes, but we are planning to add more modes and features, possibly including ranked matchmaking.

Singleplayer Features: Several planned single player features may be missing or incomplete. These include but are not limited to: full game controller support, some skill and perk effects, crafting, some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management."

Its pretty much what i exspected, it will be hard to tell how much is actually "missing", before we get our hands on the game though. I think it will feel like a pretty full game compared to Warband, where they will add some more features as the EA moves along.

This information has been available for a while on the steam page, this is not new. I find them rather reassuring and I can't wait for the game to come out. The only problem for me is the backups which could be corrupted but we already knew that because it's an EA.

I see no mention of rebellions or kingdom creation (even if the latter is probably under the "kingdom management" part) anymore, should I be worried or excited?
There has been confirmed that you cannot create your own kingdom upon release, but inherit or otherwise manage some aspects of fiefs. The page clearly lacks info which has been provided by TW to asking forum members in certain threads.

There has been confirmed that you cannot create your own kingdom upon release, but inherit or otherwise manage some aspects of fiefs. The page clearly lacks info which has been provided by TW to asking forum members in certain threads.

you got a Sauce to this threadsa? i woud love to read them, havent seen them yet

True, but you can take over a faction if you get voted after the rulers death.

Quests, maps, and dialogue being unfinished with save compatibility not guaranteed pretty much goes with the territory of EA. I think the disclaimer is mostly so people don’t get mad and judge it like they would a proper release.

some skill and perk effects, crafting, some aspects of sieges, and clan, army and kingdom management
I'm guessing much of this is related to the 1st part about some skills and perks not being finished. You will probably have skills and perks for crafting and siege options, so if they're not ready their effects aren't either.

Please have surgery READY.

Mods have already been made and that's just for the beta release.
Sure very basic mods dont need modding tools, but if you want advanced mods or total conversions you will need to wait for a little while.

And as the user said he thinks mods will fix all the imperfections or missing content in the game... i doubt thats possible without the modding tools.

But i could be wrong because i am by no means a modder.

Back
Top Bottom