Content Missing from Full Release

Users who are viewing this thread

Looking for some more specific information about the quote on Steam here:

"The early access version will be reusing scenes for different towns, may lack some supporting features, may have a limited number of quests, voice-overs, etc. and may lack localizations for some languages.

Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below.”

I am wondering if we will get any more information on how lacking the kingdom customization and creation. Will the game be lacking even the basic kingdom creation that was available in Warband?

Thanks for any information!

There will be 2 more devblogs about EA, but yes, kingdom creation will be lacking. There is NO player kingdom during the beginning of EA.

I wouldn't be too worried about end game features not being there from day one - Save games have already been confirmed as fragile for EA - I assume there will be some version of the import/export function to allow us to at least save some form of progress across patches.

I wouldn't be too worried about end game features not being there from day one - Save games have already been confirmed as fragile for EA - I assume there will be some version of the import/export function to allow us to at least save some form of progress across patches.

I hadn't seen the info about the save games being not compatible between the different early access versions of the games, but it makes sense if they are implementing major changes between versions. I wouldn't say kingdom creation and management is end game though, for instance in my play throughs that is a starting point lol

I hadn't seen the info about the save games being not compatible between the different early access versions of the games, but it makes sense if they are implementing major changes between versions. I wouldn't say kingdom creation and management is end game though, for instance in my play throughs that is a starting point lol
The statement from Callum was something like: "we will work hard to make changes savegame compatible, but there will likely be instances where we wont be able to do it", cant remember where he said it, but was likely one of the two latest dev blogs.
Think it was also confirmed that in EA we will be able to get into the ruler position of the starting factions by various ways. (those were theorized to be marriage and election through influence)

I'm a terrible ruler anyways. Much better off playing second fiddle, so I don't mind player kingdoms being out, for now. I am a bit worried about how bare-bones the game will be, though.

I wouldn't say kingdom creation and management is end game though, for instance in my play throughs that is a starting point lol

I suppose, I normally like to fight as a merc' as long as I can then join a existing faction for a long time before making my own, I suppose that it not being there from day one just coincides with my playstyle.

I suppose, I normally like to fight as a merc' as long as I can then join a existing faction for a long time before making my own, I suppose that it not being there from day one just coincides with my playstyle.
On top of that you can now also usurp power of an existing faction and take it over which is a promising thought :smile:

I will probably hold on doing a proper playthrough until we get the kingdom creation part either in later stages of EA or full release. That's a main feature as far as a I'm concerned so it'd probably feel weird not having that as an option. Although I'll buy the game on EA just to support the development, I'm not quite sure if I'll even try the game while it's EA.

Kingdom creation has never appealed to me, and the fact that we can rule one of the existing factions is more than enough. I only made my own kingdom in WB once, and only then to see what it was like. It just never fit into how I conceived of my characters. Just not a conquerer, I guess.

I’m more disappointed about the custom weapons, which is a really awesome concept.

They’ve said that the game will be in a playable state, and that’s more than enough for me to jump in and explore.

I really never liked kingdom creation in warband without mods. It was either difficult or just plain annoying handing vassals land. Great concept that was executed poorly. I'm excited to try the new approach to kingdom management.

I have conquered Calradia several times, but I have never been a vassal. I guess I like to do things the hard way.

I really never liked kingdom creation in warband without mods. It was either difficult or just plain annoying handing vassals land. Great concept that was executed poorly. I'm excited to try the new approach to kingdom management.
Yes, the impossibility to satisfy every lord (when you give a fief to one, all the others lower their relation with you) is very boring. Sometimes I just keep all the fiefs for myself (with huuuuuuuuuuge penality with inefficiency ^^ )
It's a shame, it could be very interesting to manage an empire without that.

On top of that you can now also usurp power of an existing faction and take it over which is a promising thought :smile:

If anything I prefer that. Always seemed a bit odd just starting up a brand new kingdom overnight. I guess might makes right.

Still taking over Vlandia or an Empire faction the 'hard' way and inheriting their vassals and problems seems much more fun.

Though if Kingdom creation comes with features like custom troops....

If anything I prefer that. Always seemed a bit odd just starting up a brand new kingdom overnight. I guess might makes right.

Still taking over Vlandia or an Empire faction the 'hard' way and inheriting their vassals and problems seems much more fun.

Though if Kingdom creation comes with features like custom troops....
Yeah i agree, custom troops would be nice indeed. There was this really cool mod in warband called Custom Settlements where every faction started from zero, you could pick 1 city and that would be your starting base, you could customize your own army/troops, name them and choose the gear they had, there was nothing quite like it ( or there could be, but not that i know :razz: ).
But the thought of taking over one of the vanilla factions with internal conflict/politics seems so much cooler to me

Yeah i agree, custom troops would be nice indeed. There was this really cool mod in warband called Custom Settlements where every faction started from zero, you could pick 1 city and that would be your starting base, you could customize your own army/troops, name them and choose the gear they had, there was nothing quite like it ( or there could be, but not that i know :razz: ).
But the thought of taking over one of the vanilla factions with internal conflict/politics seems so much cooler to me

That sound sweet!

You know what the truth is? I want to do both options across multiple playthroughs!! :grin:

My friends and I were discussing this more and with all the modders ready to jump in I am sure that making your own kingdom will be available either in the game or mods soon enough lol

Back
Top Bottom