SP Sci-Fi [WB] Clone Wars: Arkonne Assault - New ATM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peralta

Sergeant Knight

This is hibernating, not dead. We're working on it, but it's not even close to a priority right now. If anyone can provide models or retextures of anything star wars-related, feel free to post it here at our disposal.

Thank you for understanding.

Peralta & Lux

699904283134d43m3.gif

The Clone Wars: Arkonne Assault
A mod for Mount and Blade 1.011

"Welcome to The Clone Wars: Arkonne Assault main thread."

Applications for team memberships are to be sent to Peralta

Applications in this thread will not be counted.

Official Progress Report & Announcements

November 21, 2011.  New ATM! - Slawtering will be joining us as a modeler.

November 21, 2011.  Refridgerator! - After some time, this mod is now officially hibernating. Any help is still welcome.

December 29, 2010.  Alive and kicking! - Some new models have been made by our team, including the AV-7 AntiVehicle gun (Peralta) and a DC-17 blaster pistol (Lux)!

August 28, 2010.  Now in 2D! - A big welcome to killerrabbit! He joins the team as an ATM and his terrain is 2D Art!

August 21, 2010.  Open for Internships! - All beginning modellers, texturers or coders can now apply for an internship at the CW:AA Development Team! PM Peralta for more info!

August 14, 2010.  Expanding the Team! - Looking for: a 2D artist (menu art), a concept artist (inside architecture), a concept artist (clothing), a modeller (general) and a texturer (general).

July 31, 2010.  LoganGrimnar! - With the first thread update in over a month, we welcome LoganGrimnar as our newest ATM.

June 21, 2010. Nostalgia and Kingy! - The old thread has been reopened and we welcome Kingy as our newest ATM.

For the complete list of development updates, check OP2

The List

- Autofirelaser: N/A
- Troop Trees: 100%
- Armours: 80%
- Blasters: 60%
- Scenes: 25%
- Story: 100%
- Various models and textures: 80%
- Map: 100%

preview_1.jpg

preview2.jpg

stapscreen.png

rhuntik.png

computerscreen.jpg

~10.000 BBY
Beginning of observation of the planet. It is first charted and is left untouched. The planet is covered in an acid ocean and jungles of Viperfang trees.
Giant inhabitants roam the planet.

~9.500 BBY
Grand meteor shower. Most of the planet's inhabitants go extinct. The jungles burn, leaving only lonely trees on what is now a grassy planet. Most animals are extinct, except for some acidic fishlike creatures who survived in the depths. From those, evolution slowly reinhabits the land. The terrain is filled with scattered boulders, meteor leftovers.

~900 BBY
Human settlers from all around the Galaxy, mostly farmers and miners, looking for new land, spot Arkonne IV as their potential new home. After a few scoutings, they decide to settle for good. The North of the planet is rich in metal ores, and thus the miners settle there. The South and Equatorial are covered in nutrient grass, perfect for nerf-herding, and the farmers settle there. They bring with them Rennaks, bipedal reptilians to use as nerf-herding mounts.

~590 BBY
Society and culture is thriving on Arkonne IV. The settlers prosper from their trades. In the center of all land, a city grows, where the mining trade starts transforming into blacksmithing and technology. Arkonne IV is earning a name for itself in the wider Galaxy, and trade routs connect it to the outer world.

-343 BBY
Arkonne IV is becoming the richest planet in the area, thus picking up interest of numerous criminals. The crime rate rises quickly, and the planetary authorities fail to deal with it. They accept an offer from the Mandalorians: a force of their soldiers is dispatched to aid the security forces.

-332 BBY
The Mandalorians begin exploiting their status on the planet. Again in trouble, the leaders of Arkonne IV turn to the Galactic Republic. Joining the Republic, they have to pay high taxes for their trade routes, but at least they are rid of crime. A treaty is signed with the Mandalorians, allowing them to stay on the planet and earn a living as law enforces, but under strict Republic suprevision.

-59 BBY
The corruption of the Republic slowly crawls it's way onto Arkonne IV, striking a blow of unhappiness to the people. The population is split in two, the pro-Republic Coalition, keeping faith in better times, and the Fight For Freedom (FFF) opposition, demanding change. There are some minor skirmishes between the factions, but ultimately peace is kept, primarily due to the Mandalorian interventions.

-22 BBY
The Clone Wars break out. The Galaxy is torn with battle, and the CIS turns it's attention to the rich Republic planet Arkonne IV.

-21 BBY
Treachery! The FFF allies itself with Count Dooku and his Separatists in an attempt to overthrow the government and leave the Republic. A droid invasion force is dispatched to aid the freedom fighers in assuming control, under control of the Neimodian CIS general Antrazh Aash. Soon, a legion from the Grand Army of the Republic is sent to defend the threatened planet - the 215th Panthor Legion, under command of the Nautolan Jedi general Rhun Tik and his Padawan, Maia Sacoos.

-20 BBY
The Republic has managed to retake roughly one half of the planet, and bloody battles are fought everywhere. The Center City is turned into a battlefield, full of ruins and other signs of constant struggle. Most of the civilian population seeks refuge on neutral planets until the end of the war. Farms, ranches and mines are turned into fortifications and used as strongholds for all sides.

REPUBLIC REINFORCEMENTS ARRIVE ON THE PLANET. Now YOU are making history.

699904283134d43m3.gif

May 03, 2010  Zahar! - A big welcome to Zahar, our newest ATM!

April 29, 2010  Open Info Policy: Ask and we will answer :smile: - Title says it all.

April 09, 2010  9 and 10 / Still Recruiting (p.46) - Welcome, Hermodr as a modeller, and werdan (just as an intern, as long as you don't show me some of your work :wink: )

April 09, 2010  Recruiting! - Recruiting Asian/American modellers and texturers (see p.46 for more info)

March 25, 2010  Spoiled! - Visual spoiler on p 35

March 23, 2010  Thorgil's Guns - Thorgil has given his permission to use his star wars models, including: DC15A Blaster, DC15S Blaster and a Combat Knife!

March 21, 2010 And that maaaakes 8! - Ordoboy27 has now officially joined the team! He will take care of some very needed models!

March 15, 2010 Mapped - Jezze has finished the map for v0.1

March 14, 2010 Kmovies makes 6, Rize makes 7 - Kmovies has joined us as the 6th ATM (Active Team Member), he will be responsible for a lot of texturing and possibly research. Rize has also joined us, he will be the CoC (Chief of Coding) :smile:

March 11, 2010 Temuzu in the Team - We welcome Temuzu as our second Scene Editor!

March 6, 2010 Progress Ahead! - HULKSMASH has joined the active team as Scene Editor!

March 5, 2010 Taki_jap's Gift - Taki_jap has allowed us to use his set of Star Wars  scenes and models!!

February 28, 2010 Progress Plethora - Jezze has joined the team as mapper, Colonel_Ryan gave permission to use some C:MW animations and the first items are ingame!

February 27, 2010 First! - The first lines of code have been written, and the first draft of a troop tree has been posted (p.13)

February 26, 2010 Barf says "Yes!" - The famed Barf grants the mod team permission to use his collection of Star Wars models and textures.

February 17, 2010 - March 17, 2010 Clone Trooper Contest! - A contest is launched to find the best Clone Trooper unit insignia the TaleWorlds community can offer! (Winners: mafewww, Rize, Kamster and Clone 1710)

February 16, 2010 - Present. Recruiting! - The quest for people to fill in the gaps in the mod team begins. Modellers and mappers have priority.

February 16, 2010 Birth of The Clone Wars: Arkonne Assault - Peralta and Lux CC-4361 decide to create a Star Wars mod, set during the Clone Wars era.

Active Team:

Peralta - Active Team Leader
Lux - Active Team Member (Story, Modeler)
Jezze - Active Team Member (Map)
HULKSMASH - Active Team Member (Scene Editor)
Comrade Temuzu - Active Team Member (Scene Editor)
Kmovies - Active Team Member (Texturer)
Ordoboy27 - Active Team Member (Modeler)
Zahar - Active Team Member (OS Converter)
Kingy - Active Team Member (Coder)
LoganGrimnar - Active Team Member (Modeler)
Anaxeo - Active Team Member (Modeler)
killerrabbit - Active Team Member (2D Artist)
Slawtering - Active Team Member (Modeler)

Interns:

Shadowarcher - Stage 1 Intern (Modelling) - Mentor: Peralta
Georgelopez - Stage 1 Intern (Texturing) - Mentor: Kmovies
Mysterious_A - Stage 1 Intern (Modelling) - Mentor: Peralta
Tfett - Stage 1 Intern (Modelling) - Mentor: Peralta
Bmen - Stage 1 Intern (Modelling) - Mentor: Peralta
WiSe-GuY - Stage 1 Intern (Texturing) - Mentor: Kmovies

Contributors:

Colonel_Ryan - Major Contributor (gun animations)
Barf - Major Contributor (battledroid, lightsabers, etc)
Taki_jap - Major Contributor (Scenery and models)
Volkodav - Contributor
Mafewww - Contributor
Rize - Contributor
Kamster - Contributor

Support Staff:

Clone1710 - Banners & Avatars
Anaxeo - Banners
Rize - Technical Support

Sigs

Made by Clone1710

wvtt0k.gif

25rfghg.gif

Made by Anaxeo

6135698f4218d2bm3.jpg

6135755382398b1m3.jpg

6135987403931f3m3.jpg

6136021544070d6m3.jpg

61360931a0e659em3.jpg

Revan Shan said:
damnimbored25 said:
Nice idea...are you gonna resurrect the old CW mod??

It is sort of a resurrection.

Again, Revan, shut up until you know what you're talking about  :roll:

We're planning a completely new map, main and side characters, as well as new items, scenes and map icons, and atm, we don't have permission to use any previously created content, so I have no idea where you get the idea this is a resurrection?

People who want to contribute their models are highly welcome, and we can only hope some people of the old CW mod team are willing to join us...

Peralta said:
Revan Shan said:
damnimbored25 said:
Nice idea...are you gonna resurrect the old CW mod??

It is sort of a resurrection.

Again, Revan, shut up until you know what you're talking about  :roll:

I won't if I do. I said it's sort of a resurrection, as you pretend to keep the typical map system (not SWC's galactic map) and make it Clone Wars themed. Plus, it's most probable that you get to use Barf's models, which he intended to use in his Clone Wars mod.

Volkodav said:
CW mod? Again? Hope this one turns out ok.
Best of luck guys!  :grin:
BTW Are you gonna add a storyline?

Lux is working on a completely new story with both existing and new characters :wink:

Dude if i say i love you would you think I'm gay??
:lol:
Btw i don't remember quite well what happened after the battle of geonosis...my brain is confused because they say battle of yavin this battle of geonosis this and they go on xD
Isn't something related to the geonosian queen??
Or is the first battle the clones had??

The setting is right after the Second Battle of Geonosis :wink:
We're gonna ignore that skirmish with the Geonosian queen (well, it might appear in some conversations, but it won't be a part of the gameplay).

More info as soon as Lux has progress on the background story.

Okay, one question. You can play as Jedi?

Please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs

Do not look here said:
Okay, one question. You can play as Jedi?

Please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs, please say only clone captain with only clone NPCs

Undecided.

There will be a few Jedi NPC's, for example as GAR Generals.

Oh, yes. I've meant companions, my mistake.

Just would like to see a mod that enables you to become a captain of one agile squad.

Sometime ago I thought that I could do something like this by myself...

Do not look here said:
Oh, yes. I've meant companions, my mistake.

Just would like to see a mod that enables you to become a captain of one agile squad.

Sometime ago I thought that I could do something like this by myself...
You're welcome to join the team, if you want to (we're looking for everything atm, but mappers in particular)

I'm working on a new way to get companions (the classic ones should spend less time in bars imo :razz: )

Small change of plans: the mod will now take place on Arkonne IV, a new planet invented by us (and a WIP for Lux) in the already existing Arkonne system.

This should give us some freedom to make the mod a bit more possible :smile:

It's actually rather smart to make a star wars mod about a single planet. You can tell, even in the films and the t.v. show, that each planet is effectively like a single city in the real world; one major battle and it's virtually taken. It'll be a nice change of pace to see the numerous battles that take place on a single planet, the maneuverings of the armies on the ground. Good luck.

Great to hear that you decided to create a new planet for this :smile:
This leaves so much room for creativity.

Btw: I don't know in what timezone you live, peralta, but here it's 2/17, happy birthday to you :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom