Automatic weapon guide

Users who are viewing this thread

WilliamBerne

Master Knight
                                                Automatic Weapon Guide

The term automatic weapon in WW2: China Battlefield is a little different from the real guns. Machine guns, submachine guns, pistols and even including revolvers are counted as automatic weapon in this mod. They all share the same type of ammunition: the magazine packs (the non-automatic weapons in the other hand consume bullet packs). Only machine guns, submachine guns, and the mauser military pistols which has its stock attached on its grip have both fully automatic fire mode and burst fire mode, the others have only half-automatic fire mode.

How to shoot and reload a weapon when it is at fully automatic mode?
1,  camp menu -> Mod configuration -> Customize my keys -> set the Fire Auto. Weapons key.
2,  put all weapons and the magazines packs in your inventory(don't equip them).
3,  camp menu -> Mod configuration -> Options for automatic weapons -> Switch all automatic weapons to fully automatic mode.
4,  in the battlefield, switch your weapon to an automatic one, at the right side of the screen, you will see how many bullets left in its current magazine.
5,  hold/press the LMB to ready the weapon and aim.
6,  press/click the game key you setted to fire the weapon fully automatically, or
    release the LMB to fire a single bullet, or
    click the RMB to break the aim and avoid firing any bullet.
7,  every weapon at fully automatic mode has only 3 real bullets, you have to(and only allowed) fire these 3 real bullets before you reload and change the magazine. If you fired 3 single bullet by clicking or releasing LMB, the system would take that for emptying magazine, just like what will happen in Native, you click the LMB again at this point, the player's character will begin to change the magazine.
8,  after the player's character has changed his magazine, a hint message at the left side of the screen will inform you how many magazines you still have.
9,  before you've seen the hint message, it would be better if you don't change the weapon and click/press the LMB once more, to avoid missing the magazine you are about to reload.
10, you can reload before you shoot all the bullets in the current magazine, but you won't be able to get those bullets which were left in the magazine back, this is not CS.

I hadn't planed to set the reload process like this unrealistic annoying one, but this is all I can do so far. If you have any good idea based on the current module system, welcome to my mod's boards and discuss(the point is: based on the current module system, please!).

Why can't I hit any one?!
The burst fire, automatic fire, shotgun fire and explosions in this mod are all based on same area damage arithmetic, but not collision between hitboxes. There are variant conditions to decide who gets hit and who doesn't. One important condition for guns is accuracy.
The following are the facts that influence the accuracy:
1, distance between the target and the shooter: longer distance -> inaccurate;
2, the shooter's movement: running or accelerate the horse toward any diraction -> inaccurate;
3, weapon proficiency: the higher the better;
4, a random number: simulates the bullet spread.
These 4 facts influence both burst and fully automatic fire mode. The next 2 facts only work on fully automatic fire mode:
5, recoil: every time the player fires the weapon, he gets a certain recoil number. This number will decrease the accuracy. It won't go zero until the player stop firing for a short moment;
6, weapon master skill: as its description in game, it "improves your automatic fire mode's veracity, every level increases different value: 0,1,2,3,4,4,3,2,1,0". For example, if your weapon master skill is 5 level, it increase the veracity of your automatic fire by 0+1+2+3+4=10%.
The fact 1, 2, 4, 5 also have different numbers according to the weapon you are firing. For example short barral guns are inaccurate in long range, but MGs can do better. In the other hand MGs have also strongest recoil, your accuracy decrease more when you are moving.

Now understand why can't you hit the target? Short burst fire is always the good choice before you have high level weapon master skill and automatic weapon proficiency.

you need to check the weapons again. i have a Thompson, lv. 8 weapon master, and 233 auto weapon exp., and went through 5 full clips at someone, and hit him ONE TIME, YES, ONE TIME, and i was about 2 feet away from him. i could have taken 1 step and i could touch him. FIX THIS.

one thing I didn't mention in the guide: to avoid too much friendly fire, I make every automatic weapon(even in burst fire mode) won't hit any friend troop in certain distance, MGs: 20m, SMGs: 10m.

Still though, it's impossible!  I have about 200 automatic weapons, 10 weapon master, and a machine gun, and I still can't hit anything, from like 30 meters away.  Maybe it's just my aim.  :oops:

how could that be? :shock:
I just tested it when I saw zachdog6's post, I was using a new character, with MG34 and thompson, I could still hit targets many times.
besides, everytime I went in town when I was playing, I always gun down NPCs as many as I can, didn't notice anything wrong...

I edited my character.  699 Automatic Weapons Proficiency, 10 weapon master, and about 35 yards away, with the black MG, (which I can't remember the name of) still didn't even hit anyone even though I'm pretty sure my aim was good.  I got a couple more ideas I'll try later. 

WilliamBerne said:
how could that be? :shock:
I just tested it when I saw zachdog6's post, I was using a new character, with MG34 and thompson, I could still hit targets many times.
besides, everytime I went in town when I was playing, I always gun down NPCs as many as I can, didn't notice anything wrong...

maybe our version has something wrong with it, because i can never hit people with auto weapons, try comparing your files with the public version.

WilliamBerne said:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1675
Feb 04 txt update

AUTO WEAPONS WORK NOW, THANKS A LOT! now i'm going to level up again and get some good subs. :grin:

No.  Not at all.  Before installing, load your old character, and go to his statistics.  Click export character.  Then, install the update.  When you create a new guy, name him exactly the same as your old one.  Then go to his character screen, statistics, and import character.  Your party and items, and holdings will be lost, but at least you will have the same stats.

Automatic weapons work now!  Awesome, I say!

COGlory said:
Your party and items, and holdings will be lost, but at least you will have the same stats.

ARRGGHH :sad:  :evil: Nope, mod is great! :grin:

what happens if i dont start a new game?

COGlory said:
No.  Not at all.  Before installing, load your old character, and go to his statistics.  Click export character.  Then, install the update.  When you create a new guy, name him exactly the same as your old one.  Then go to his character screen, statistics, and import character.  Your party and items, and holdings will be lost, but at least you will have the same stats.

Automatic weapons work now!  Awesome, I say!
Well thank you for your hints. Actually I just want to know whether it's save game compatible.  :smile:

Antifiriz said:
COGlory said:
Your party and items, and holdings will be lost, but at least you will have the same stats.

ARRGGHH :sad:  :evil: Nope, mod is great! :grin:

what happens if i dont start a new game?
Cloned players, and no automatic fire. I didn't find other major bugs.

ok, alright the modder is simply genius. hats off to him, but still the problem of automatic firing.

i used item editor .79 change the clip size to 3000. also i have tompson i also change its mag size to 3000, but i think it just fires 30 to 40 rounds and then reloads the weapons.

Please help i dont know what to do? :sad:

The mod is simply great.

Because the "clip size" is different then how much ammo you can carry.  You changed how much ammo you can carry.  Changing the clip size must be done via the Module System, which only he has. 

I'm still having problems with the auto-fire, i downloaded the 2nd february and 4th february text updates, but it didn't really help!! I have weapon mastery maybe 4 and auto-weapons skill around 120 and maybe every tenth bullet actually hits the target, no matter how close it is (using thompson smg). I know my weapon mastery and weapon skills are not the highest, but i the auto weapons are completely useless to me. HELP!

Alright, first off I think maybe we should have an "ask questions here" thread stickied, so we don't get a load of threads like this one, asking one question and cluttering up the board. Good idea WilliamBerne ?

Secondly, my question, I'm using a mauser military pistol, but it runs out of ammo and my bullet things don't make a difference. Are you saying i don't need to eqip any ammo to my charactor, just keep it all in my inventory?

Edit: sorry about the "so we don't get a load of threads like this one", I was going to start a new thread but then i posted it in here instead, you see what i mean though!

Edit of the edit: I've also noticed that the mauser miltiary pistol can fire left, i.e. your man goes all the way left on horseback, but not right, like he does with rifles. I'm guessing this is because it's classified as an automatic weapon?

I'm getting very frustrated with all this ammo buissness! :razz: Amazing mod though

Tripple edit!: I worked it out, i'm using bullet packs :razz: I don't see the "a" at the end of it though :S

You can ask questions in the threads which are talking about the issue/problem you want to know. if you cant find such thread, you can always reply in the FAQ thread, or start a new topic, it is ok with me.

Machine guns, submachine guns, pistols and even including revolvers are counted as automatic weapon in this mod. They all share the same type of ammunition: the magazine packs (the non-automatic weapons in the other hand consume bullet packs).

Back
Top Bottom