[Arena Mod] Server

Users who are viewing this thread

_Benedict_

Sergeant at Arms
Arena mini-mod server Updated 2/04/10 - Compatible with 1.102

Duel your opponents in a training arena enviroment. Each map has three different zones for melee / archery / jousting duels.

Arena server is now mod-compatible. This means that it works as any other mod.

- New map added (3 maps in the cycle at the moment)

These are the names for the maps:

- The Fort - Freddex's first map
- The Pit - Iberon's map
- Ruined Arena - My own map

TO INSTALL THE NEW MOD, YOU HAVE TO CHOICES:

- Automatic

Download the ArenaMod zip ( http://www.battlegrounds.eu/arenamodv1.zip ) , unzip in your main warband directory (ex. Program Files/Mount&Blade Warband), then launch installmod.bat

- Manual

Download the ArenaMod zip ( http://www.battlegrounds.eu/arenamodv1.zip ), unzip it in a directory of your choice, then:
Copy your Modules/Native directory to Modules/Arena
Copy scn_multi_scene_1, 2, 3 in Modules/Arena/Sceneobj
Copy scenes.txt, module.ini, strings.txt in Modules/Arena

When loading Warband select the new module in the main menu.
Have fun!

RULES

1 - The main square is for MELEE DUELS only. This means that all the duels rules apply. Greet your opponent, 1 vs 1, no backstab, no throwing weapons.
2 - The towers are for ARCHERY (or ranged weapons) fights only. Infantry shouldn't climb the towers to kill archers, and archers should not kill the people in the melee square. Archery is allowed from and to towers, only.
3 - The horsemen have to leave the spawn zone without injurying the people fighting and go to the horseman area.
4 - General DUEL rules apply. So respect your opponent and keep in mind we're having FUN.

We've tried for 2 hours with 7/8 ppl on it. And it worked good. Spawn points seems ok. Thanks to everybody came in to test the map.

Bugs so far:

- Mode is deathmatch but when you kill someone of your same class you get kill -1 (as for teamkill). Strange...
- The map can't be called from polls. I guess modifying one of the multiplayer maps (instead of the single player) would solve the problem.

Critics:

- Too small for 24 players :smile:

And don't forget, David&Vermin Corp has the best Weapons for Low Cost !

We sell GREAT SWORDS for only 300 denars ! GREAT LONG AXE for 230 denars ! Short weapons for sneaky attacks 85 denars !

We have all weapons YOU need !

Beware, we kill thiefs o/

PS: We sell illegal weapons, darts, war darts, javelins, throwings axes to beat your oppenent before he reach you !
You think your manual blocking sucks ? buy Huscarl shields for 170 denars !
David&Vermin Corp decline all responsibility if you get kicked, or banned.

------------------------------

Nice Server Benedict o/

awsome benedecit :smile:

we will soon be updating the server to english from swedish haha.... did u know benedict nearly knows swedish by now :wink:

David.M.F. said:
And don't forget, David&Vermin Corp has the best Weapons for Low Cost !

We sell GREAT SWORDS for only 300 denars ! GREAT LONG AXE for 230 denars ! Short weapons for sneaky attacks 85 denars !

We have all weapons YOU need !

Beware, we kill thiefs o/

PS: We sell illegal weapons, darts, war darts, javelins, throwings axes to beat your oppenent before he reach you !
You think your manual blocking sucks ? buy Huscarl shields for 170 denars !
David&Vermin Corp decline all responsibility if you get kicked, or banned.

------------------------------

Nice Server Benedict o/

But what if I stab the shop-keeper and take a weapon? :razz:

Nice map benedict... I will return on it

Arcas Nebun said:
But what if I stab the shop-keeper and take a weapon? :razz:

I will be Sad  :cry: but i won't fight you o/

I don't fight when i can't win  :mrgreen:

Awesome map! (Checked it later after you guys left) The only thing I would like to ask you to add is another entrance to the spectator area.

Oh and has anyone tried playing the quick battle after this is installed? This is what happened to me:

Only those last two men... and the other three I killed myself.  :twisted:

Can't the map be imporved for a wider range of duels? Like a cav duel location (like the ones in jousting) and a simple archery range (you can find some targets in the objects that the engine provides :razz:)

the kill stat bug is a bug in the patch,its not part of your map. it seems to be affecting all of deathmatch mode games.  not sure if its been reported yet though.

The bottom is relatively useless on this map, so all you need to do it add a two straight wooden fence line there and you have your joust location. Would need testing though.

For archery, you could go to the village.

Well, my "Best Idea Ever" didn't work as I planned... but I'll share it in case someone could figure out how to make it work. I put a AI limiter above the area where duels happen. In theory that would enable the player, or anything to stop before hitting the ground and float above the people and watch them. Problem, it doesn't work... I faced the red side up and everything. So I'm not sure why it doesn't work...  :sad: I tried barriers for this too.

My other idea for this may annoy people, and be a general pain but it works. Put ladders above the area where they duel, then people could look down at them. Two problems though:

1)You can't see it properly.
2)Maybe annoy some people. I mean, I mind it. :mad:

Hmm... I wonder why it doesn't work though.... :sad: 

_Benedict_ said:
We've tried for 2 hours with 7/8 ppl on it. And it worked good. Spawn points seems ok. Thanks to everybody came in to test the map.

Bugs so far:

- Mode is deathmatch but when you kill someone of your same class you get kill -1 (as for teamkill). Strange...
- The map can't be called from polls. I guess modifying one of the multiplayer maps (instead of the single player) would solve the problem.

Critics:

- Too small for 24 players :smile:

We have that same problem on the Aussie deathmatch server (the -1 kill for killing someone of your faction).

We often get small bugs like that which are fixed when one of us reports this to our host - I can't imagine it's difficult to fix since it happens pretty much instantly every time.

Woah, Benedit seems to be writing an essay right now....

NVM he was reading.

Either way, would it be possible to run a completely custom map on the server? I know Yoshiboy did it, had errors spam him apparently though.

Thanks everybody for the feedback!

@ Crazy_Archer: yes, something for the horsemen could be done, but i don't know how fun would be for archers to shoot something without any sort of points achievement.

@ Archevious: i don't like the idea of adding a ladder to the spectators tower. In my mind it should be not accessible from the arena and should be reserved to spectating/away people.
That's why i did the long path behind the tower. Yes, it's pretty useless at the time..:smile: If i'm gonna change it i think is for something radical different.

@ Olo: thanks very much, so it's a patch bug, fiiiew :grin: also, is impossible to see the ingame players name, though :sad:

After the day spent testing and following your advices and comments i made some changes. I've decided to use towers for archery: i've added another one at the opposite side and gave both a fast access path. Also, the whole arena is wider! :smile:
I've updated the first page with all details and new zip files. If you had previously installed 0.11, you just need the new .sco file.

Back
Top Bottom