Users who are viewing this thread

Vortex

Section Moderator
This occurs since version 6.20. It makes it impossible to hit someone.  :sad:

14ag4kh.jpg
140hlsi.jpg
io0mja.jpg

Here's a .gif

I hope you get what I mean. If you don't,I can upload a video later.

Those bolts are obbeying your spread out order!
Lol kidding.

I believe someone else reported this before already, if you go quickly to a direction and then shoot the projectile will bend, but it's a client side only issue apparently. So for others it should still shoot and hit straight.

That's not a bug, it's a feature! Nothing like curveballs to spice up your shooting. It probably looks straight to the server, but your client is compensating - that's a guess, but your archery is going to be guesswork anyway. You can do this with throwing axes too - a nice C curve.

Now, as an archer, not only are you slower then a corpse, you get to rely on shooting 'somewhere' as your defense against a charging enemy. But we sure got rid of those twitch shooters! Rather then being actually nervous when charging an archer, you can simply be somewhat annoyed.

The real effective archers and xbowmen are virtual turrets. Oh and horse archers, who probably still have that extra power draw they got, because you have a more stable shot as a Khergit horse archer then as a Vaegir archer.

There's already a thread or two regarding the turning penalty. It would have been easier to leave aiming alone and reduce the stack sizes of missiles and thrown weapons, rather then nerf every throwing weapon and missile in the game, but some people don't want to get shot at all.

You should try melee, it is quite fun.

Cwyvm. I've never had so much fun since this turning accuracy thing has been implemented. And guess the **** what? I play as an archer/crossbowman/javlein/name any other range weapon you like, player. I think you are over exaggerating the problem. The game is fine as it is now, and I think it is more than ready for a release.

Mabons said:
Cwyvm. I've never had so much fun since this turning accuracy thing has been implemented. And guess the **** what? I play as an archer/crossbowman/javlein/name any other range weapon you like, player. I think you are over exaggerating the problem. The game is fine as it is now, and I think it is more than ready for a release.

No way near a release. I certainly wouldn't buy this game for $30 US dollars. Its buggy, the game needs more balancing, Polishing, textures, model, you get stuck if your not carefull and For goodness sakes the neck still sticks out from the body. I just wouldn't feel right to leave this game to the mercy of the critics right now.

10% of the time the projectiles/missiles will freeze in mid-air. 25% of the time the projectile will do an entire 90 degree turn. When a light object has that much momentum it will slice though the air, and it will only be slightly affected by the wind direction, even then the projectile will not change directions, once it is fired it will go in one direction not several.

I do like the new Bolts velocity although i will have to relearn all the trajectory's now.

Mabons said:
and I think it is more than ready for a release.

I'd buy it, but it's not ready for a release... EA would release it now(for releasing ****ty games is their territory, marketting will cause stupid people to buy it anyway). But taleworlds is not EA(I hope^^)

Cwvym said:
There's already a thread or two regarding the turning penalty. It would have been easier to leave aiming alone and reduce the stack sizes of missiles and thrown weapons, rather then nerf every throwing weapon and missile in the game, but some people don't want to get shot at all.

Second this. The aiming was fine, if you ask me. Maybe the weird scenarios that the OP screenshotted are a side effect of some of the projectile changes ? nothing wrong with more melee, but i don't think this is the best way to do it. It feels as though its harder to hit things because of some weird tweak under the hood, rather than due to archer skill or the target dodging, etc.

Back
Top Bottom