Installation of Warband - AVG Issues. And Others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Styo

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hello All,

I decided to post this since i know a lot of you are having issues.

Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users -

Download Warband to any location on your computer that your little heart desires.

Next If you have AVG and i think on some pc's Avast, Please Disable or Uninstall it. It will find Warband as a virus or a Trojan. After you uninstall AVG please restart your PC just in case to that the Service that AVG was using is now not active and closed.

Depends on your PC and how old you are this will get tricky.
Some PC's you can just double click on the setu and install with out any errors.

On other PC's you will need to Right Click on setup>Click "Run As Admin.."> and install it that way.

After the Installation is complete, do not run the game. Please make sure you have all of the "Windows Updates" Installed, along with your video card drivers and such.

To check for "Windows Updates" : Click "Start"> All Programs> Windows Update.

A new windows opens up. On the left hand side click "Check For Updates", Then install any required updates.

To check your Video Card Drivers date, do the following:

Click "Start"> Control Panel> Device Manager> Then Click on "Display Controllers". Right click on your Video Card, and click "Properties". Then hit the "Driver" Tab. And there you will find the Driver date of your Card. And ofcoarse you can go to your companies website and download the ltest driver.

If any other help is needed feel free to hop in vent and i will help you out as much as i can.

Vent Info:
Hostname: mb.maxfrag.net or chicago.maxfrag.net (either one works  :razz: )
Port: 4045

There will be a channel called "Tech Support"

I will be on when i can and i will try to help you out.

***Devs could you make this a sticky***

Thanks,
Styo

Solid advice, though you left out us XP users.

If you're running XP, you should have no problems installing Warband unless you have AVG (or in some cases Avast). For AVG, you can disable Resident Shield or create exceptions for the installer and warband application. I'm unfamiliar with Avast, but I imagine you could add warband to its exceptions as well.

And... What if you're using Windows 3.1.1...?

By the way, I had no trouble installing it on Vista, but Vista didn't like it any more then any other program I install.

"Did you start this download?" "Did you start this installer?" "Did you choose to run this program?", then when I quit the game I get the prompt "This program might not be properly installed, is it properly installed?"

Don't know... I think you should get the option "Yes, I know how to use a ****ing computer, just please, please, please stop asking me all these stupid questions!!" when you get those prompts... I wish...

Freebird said:
stygN said:
Yes, I know how to use a ****ing computer

They assume that since you actually purchased and paid Microsoft money for Vista that you don't.

Actually you get Vista when buying most if not all new computers and you get no choice in the matter :razz:
Vista isn't that bad, works fine for me :razz:

DuckSauce said:
Vista isn't that bad, works fine for me :razz:

Same here.  I know it's as hip to hate Vista these days as it was once hip to be a square on Sesame Street, but I've had no problems with Vista thus far.

Hi,
  I just upgraded to 0.614 and now it says I have an invalid serial number when I try to join a server.
  Anyone else have this issue? I will try to install the full 400 meg version of the beta and see what happens.
  Pip

I pulled down the full version of .614 and still no luck, so I Refreshed the servers list and
now ones appear that are at .613.  So I guess I beat the Server Update?
  Pip

pipilongbeard said:
I pulled down the full version of .614 and still no luck, so I Refreshed the servers list and
now ones appear that are at .613.  So I guess I beat the Server Update?
  Pip

ive been having the same issue :/

cant pla ydue to that i am overupdated :razz:

Same problem.
Just download the last client .614 and servers disappears, i see only _NET and when i try to connect a pop-up appear with wrong client version (the server is still .613).

I guess a server side update is needed.

In addition to these fine things. Also check the bug/problem list at the top. There is a spoiler there for common problems :smile:

Styo, you may want to put different things in spoilers, or group together as a paragraph, or something of this nature. When you start adding more stuff, itll get really long and hard to find the start/end of the appropriate issues that a person may be having :grin:

But good work.

Darkness said:
In addition to these fine things. Also check the bug/problem list at the top. There is a spoiler there for common problems :smile:

Styo, you may want to put different things in spoilers, or group together as a paragraph, or something of this nature. When you start adding more stuff, itll get really long and hard to find the start/end of the appropriate issues that a person may be having :grin:

But good work.
Thanks for the tip Darkness  :razz: ill try to do it today lol since im bored at work  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom