Unofficial Warband Ventrilo Server

Users who are viewing this thread

Ordonator

Regular
Is open for business. Starting at 25 slots. Will add more as necessary.

Hostname: warband.instantvent.com
Port: 5604

Server Status:
http://view.light-speed.com/ventrilo.php?IP=warband.instantvent.com&PORT=5604

Admins/Moderators:    (Kick/Ban Users, Edit Channels, Set MOTD, Restart Server, and so on....)
Ordonator
Darkness
Elijah

Need Ventrilo? Free Download:
http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Never Used Ventrilo? Tutorial:
http://www.ventrilo.com/tutorial.php

Can't Connect? Troubleshooting:
http://www.ventrilo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35567

Conditions of Use (Rules):

1) The Golden Rule. Call it what you will; it works. If you don't understand, refer to the other rules.
2) Respect other users. Do not harass with insults, derogatory words, irritating noises, and so on.
3) Respect other users right to opinion. Know when to settle an argument by agreeing to disagree. 
4) Respect the channel system. Namely, do not join the opposing team's channel.
5) Respect the server. Use a single-username; no duplicate IPs. We can see the logs, we know who you are. Do not attempt to tamper or exploit.
6) Perhaps most importantly, report violators of rules by right-clicking their name and then clicking "File Complaint..."

Under no circumstance should a guest engage in arguments with violators of rules.

Channel System:

-Lobby: The default channel upon logging into the server; it is for general chat and discussions. There is no requirement to join game-specific chats.
-Game-Specific: One of each for each game type. Use to reduce chatter from other games.
-Team-Specific: One for each team in each game-specific channel. Designated by Red or Blue, which corresponds with in-game teams. It is considered harassment and violation of rules to be in the opposing team's channel.

Notify admins if more channels are required. There are no private channels allowed on this public server.

Rule-violators will be met with a warning, and then they'll be banned. I will personally arbitrate ban-lifting; that is, if you feel you are unjustly banned, you may contact me.

Please heed the conditions of use. If you don't like them, don't use the server.

Route suggestions, comments, admin/mod requests, and donations through me. You can email me at [email protected]

MaHuD said:
a little more rooms would certainly spruit up the place :razz:

Yeah, well, right now, the most i've ever seen on was about 7 or 8 active people on the vent at once. And so we were all able to do one team. Once more people start using it, things may change. But it appears ordonator took care of that plenty well for now. There are a couple set of channels with a couple sub channels. So I don't see how we need many others at this time. I'm sure things will change as demand changes tho :smile:

Edit: And because I nor anyone else has said it here yet, Thank you big time Ordonator for getting this, if you need some monetary help keeping it going, let me know and I can see what I can do. (Poor college student, so sometimes funds may be lacking, but hey, Ill see what I can do). Because voice chat makes the game so much more enjoyable and almost more realistic in some ways.

Yeh he added those channels after I asked it in here :razz:

Anyway, yes indeed ty for the vent. if you need money like that guy said above me, we are all here to help  :razz:

Yep rooms added, more or less just in case it does start approaching capacity. Unfortunately, the Warband client doesn't seem to like it very much when you ALT+TAB out of it so I don't think people will be changing channels very much. Unless, of course, you're clever enough to set up some bindings (keyboard shortcuts), which I recommend.

I appreciate the offers for donations, both here and through various emails I've received. If you'd like you send them to my PayPal account at [email protected]. Ventrilo servers are pretty cheap these days. Nothing like they used to be. For example, this one is only 10USD for 25 slots per month. If you feel inclined to send a donation, I'll put it into extra months until we need more slots. Figure about 25 to 35 cents per additional slot; they get cheaper as you add more.

What guarantee do you have? None, really. This is pretty informal. I'll keep the server running until it's no longer needed to the best of my ability. Right now, its no burden, but if it grows larger I'll be sure to put the request out for help. But again, you have my thanks for your generosity.

Nabutso said:
I can't seem to connect, while my other vent servers work fine.

Strange. I just verified; it's up and running. Any kind of error message? Also, double check the port number. I know a lot of servers use the default so its easy to forget.

Ordonator said:
Nabutso said:
I can't seem to connect, while my other vent servers work fine.

Strange. I just verified; it's up and running. Any kind of error message? Also, double check the port number. I know a lot of servers use the default so its easy to forget.
I can't connect either.

It says contacting server.

Curious. Have the most recent version of Vent? Are you running on a Mac? There's about 20 people in there right but its not full.

Styo said:
will give donations when get some money... info on how to give donation?

Ordonator said:
I appreciate the offers for donations, both here and through various emails I've received. If you'd like you send them to my PayPal account at [email protected]. Ventrilo servers are pretty cheap these days. Nothing like they used to be. For example, this one is only 10USD for 25 slots per month. If you feel inclined to send a donation, I'll put it into extra months until we need more slots. Figure about 25 to 35 cents per additional slot; they get cheaper as you add more.

Ordonator said:
Also, only one person has come forward to ask for admin/moderator privileges.

I could hand over some help also, if you need some. i used to be leaders on squads for call of Duty and Delta force.

Can you please give me a bunch of steps for making a user and joining the server.

I am very sure I did everything right, but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom